Guys, I want to completely switch over to Linux full time. However, there is one problem, Linux has no games

Guys, I want to completely switch over to Linux full time. However, there is one problem, Linux has no games.

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=win10c-ubuntu-radeon&num=1
lgdb.org/
gamingonlinux.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It has sufficient gaymen.

Yes it does. You have emulators and an ever growing selection of native games.
I played Arx Fatalis just yesterday.

I'm glad you're embracing freedom though.

Just get a binkbad for Linux. Install gentoo and migrate over slowly.

However, there is one problem, you have shit tastes

Just game on a console. No room for "muster race" in Linux land.

This is a myth right now.
Linux has more good Games than most Consoles.
Of course it can't come to the level of Windows Gaming because the marketshare just isn't there jet.

you can play most games with wine.

it's pretty amazing how much free graphics drivers and wine have progressed the past few years

one recent example for me is that the other day a friend wanted to have a go with World of Tanks again, which we hadn't played since 2012
in 2012, the game needed a patched version of wine, and ran very slow, with low graphics and i had to use the proprietary nvidia driver

now i'm using an amd card with free drivers, and an unpatched wine, and WoT runs perfectly fine, with high graphics settings and AA

my machine is a bit fast than it was, but much by this much, this was mostly imrovements in wine/drivers

when I switched to linux 9 years ago, I played all my games on linux, but dualbooted to do some of my homework on windows.

But what was the perforamance hit compared to running it in windows?

not sure, have never played it in windows

>bit fast than it was, but much by this much
jesus
a bit faster* than it was, but not* by this much

Wangblows in virtualbox with gpu passthrough, my man

>windows is bad because it's a closed-source proprietary botnet
>so buy a console that runs another closed-source proprietary botnet OS

>so buy a console that runs another closed-source proprietary botnet OS
Depends. Technically PSĀ£+PS4 both use a modified version of FreeBSD. So if FreeBSD Is botnet closed source now. I clearly haven't been keeping up enough then haven't I?

Make one, faggot.

>take open-source non-botnet OS
>modify it, turning it into a botnet
>make it impossible for users to modify the PS4's software in any way to prevent piracy

>wine
>touhou
>????
>get bully in lunatic mode

>tfw no qt egyptian dominating female warrior gf

Most non shit games Are for Linux,
and gpu passthrough

Are you fucking retarded? As long as you use an os that doesn't let you configure it fully it's a botnet.

You sound like a 12yo

Linux games that should keep you entertained for a few years:

Civilization VI
XCOM 1 and 2 (repeat in IronMan mode with Long War mod)
Thimbleweed Park

Well, that's not true at all. You can play Dota 2.

>no games
It does have games, but the library is smaller than Windows, they're mostly ports from Windows, and performance is almost always worse. The difference in performance varies between "a little" to like 50%+.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=win10c-ubuntu-radeon&num=1

Steam for Linux.

Wine.

lgdb.org/
gamingonlinux.com/

>limiting my selection of games and cucking myself into getting significantly worse performance
>just to avoid being spied on when I have nothing to hide anyway

that's like refusing to go to stores because they have security cameras watching you and growing all your food in your backyard instead. no thanks.

I would do the switch gladly any day, but oh man. I need constantly adobe cs/c software for my work. Also the lack of midi support and having to run DAW:s trough wine or something would be frustrating.