How do I differentiate between real malware and false alarms from windows defender/antivirus software when installing...

How do I differentiate between real malware and false alarms from windows defender/antivirus software when installing pirated games ?

You don't, if you don't have the source code you'll never know if the binary is legit

or i could just find out when someone robs my paypal. if someone does rob it then that means there was malware. if they don't, then there wasn't. problem solved.

>not using Common Sense 2017 Nothin' Personal Edition

>pirated games

It's easy; it's always malware. With every pirated software you're getting bitcoin miners and lots of other botnet stuff. You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to think that anyone would pirate games and give them away for free just because.

my graphics card is powerful enough to do a bit of mining plus run the game at the same time (1080 ti)

>get a 1080
>pirate your games
Christ kid

>turkish girl
Gross.

>when installing pirated games ?
You don't. They're all malware.

>They're all malware.
u dum?

You think they're not going to put malware in their releases? Why else would they give it away for free?

because they are gentiles

Check torrent comments
Only download from VIP or staff uploaders

What is wireshark, faggot

pissed off employees
espionage
people who believe you shouldn't have to waste 6 hours being a wageslave for something that you're not sure will be good or not (srsly why the fuck are all these worthless fucking games charging 60 bucks? esp when they're just rebranded pieces of shit 90% of the time, without anything other than muh graphical imrpovements, over last years revision.. fucking rainbow 6 siege is the most shallow game i've ever played and didn't drop below $40 for two fucking years, AND there's a fucktonne of microtransaction faggotry)

the content creators get paid regardless. the producers and the developers employers are almost always assholes who don't deserve big royalty cheques anyways.

games are a massive waste of your life regardless. those who actually rule this gay earth want you wasting your life on something to utterly worthless instead of smartening the fuck up.

forget her name, she was a vine slut. but i dont think she is actually turkish

I know nothing about malware: The Post

This, plus scan everything you can on VirusTotal and consider looking into basic reverse engineering; enough to know if the program contains malicious functionality

Common sense

install gentoo

she is amanda cerny and not turkish

Play games without drm, problem solved

Genius!

Step 1: Install suspicious software willingly
Step 2: Log into a secondary Paypal with a couple of bucks
Step 3: Wait a year and know if you've installed malware

It's so simple!

she can't be turkish, right? tell me i'm right.

legit games are also malware, though

>Steam
>Origin
>Uplay

What did she mean by this?

Perfect woman

She's not pretty enough to be Turkish.

Anzu is rhe representative of Turkish women and OP isn't as pretty as anzu.

I think some of you completely underestimate the motivation of some people to 'fuck the system' "just because". And the irony is theres more cause to do it now than ever.

Pirating software (to a degree anyway) has always had political motive behind it, the motive to punish and curtail capitalist greed. It wasnt always about spreading malware and that cynicism attached to the pirate movement is only as old as malware itself. The argument of "why would they do it if not to spread malware" falls flat fir me.

I get that a lot of Sup Forums wouldnt be old enough to really get this and the roots of piracy in general but it doesnt hurt to learn.