Roadside 'textalyser' will treat drivers on smartphones like drunks

I'll just leave this here....

>... the "textalyser" would look at metadata on the phone just to check whether it was used recently or not -keepingconversations, contacts, numbers, photos, and app data private.

>Jim Grady, CEO of Cellebritesaid:"We look forward to supporting DORCs and law enforcement—both inNew York and nationally—to curb distracted driving."

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/04/12/roadside-textalyser-will-treat-drivers-on-smartphones-like-drunk/

At least masturbating while driving is still legal

>DORCs
>dorks

>Roadside 'textalyser'
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>will treat drivers on smartphones like drunks
This is fine.

I send texts/calls via bluetooth and voice command all the time while driving. Its all hands free and totally safe and legal where I am. Also what if I just very recently pulled over to send a text, was getting shitty service (sometimes in certain parts of my city larger buildings will create small deadzones), so the message got stalled, and then just sent the message before I was getting pulled over because it waited until it got a good connection?

This seems like there's too many possible legitimate points of failure/misrepresentation to actually be an effective law enforcement tool.

my state just put forth a bill that would up the penalties for texting and driving from $50 and 1 point to $300 and 4 points. Feels good man

I'm sure almost all of those will be reduced to $25 and no points IRL

>Instead, the "textalyser" would look at metadata on the phone just to check whether it was used recently or not -keepingconversations, contacts, numbers, photos, and app data private.

Riiiiiiight...... only metadata....

where have we heard this before?

Now that's a wrong approach. Just force the phone to connect to bluetooth and up the fine for distracted driving.

Also normies complain about self driving vehicles, because it "takes away the fun of driving", when all they do is listen to music and use their smartphones in automatic shift cars.

Soon they'll arrest you under indecent exposure. Enjoy being treated like a pedophile because a cop saw your dick.

Almost all of these are detectable by software. Also the police will follow you before they pull you over so you can be certain the phone was used while driving.

because the state hates money?

This is good, because normies can't be trusted to pay fucking attention to the road

Gas em all

How exactly do they plan to extract this "metadata" from a locked phone

texting while driving is more dangerous than drinking while driving

this has been proven

I fucking hate people that text/talk and drive. It's very dangerous, and annoying to deal with. Women seem to do it the most, no wonder why they suck at driving.

>You were speeding so I need to search your phone

You willingly install the app or it comes preinstalled and is not removable.

Banning it still won't stop me.

Rooted Android masterrace

Women were bad drivers before texting and driving.

I agree. Texting makes them even fucking worse.

Imagine an Asian women texting and driving. Probably a 99% chance of a fatal crash.

Good.

You shouldn't be texting while driving. It isn't worth another life. You aren't important. Your fucking emoji can wait.