IOS vs Android: Privacy/Security

Which one wins?

stock iOS beats stock[1] Android hands down

[1]stock Android as in, the stock image of a random Samsung/LG/HTC/Huawei/Sony device

iOS, they had that big ad campaign about not giving FBI that security access to that phone

iOS all day, it's just too good, glad I got rid of my lg g3 and got an 6s

Privacy: If you use Nexus and disable all Google botnet apps, you're good. Dunno about iOS but you practially need an iCloud account to actually do anything on it.

Security: Nexus gets frequent patches. Everything else Android just blows for security. Straight up blows dog dick.

why do you need an icloud account? can't you use an iphone without it? or are any essential features missing?

iOS is also more secure, android is basically mobile equivalent of windows in terms of security

*laughs in real-time*
*laughs in microkernel*

literally dead

I miss BB10.

dead as in? i still havent discovered a usage case that troubled me on blackberry. android is dead after using it for 3 months IMO

>BLACKEDberry

>[1]stock Android as in, the stock image of a random Samsung/LG/HTC/Huawei/Sony device
hey laymo :^)

iOS ainec

>Dunno about iOS but you practially need an iCloud account to actually do anything on it.

this just isnt true at all desu

What happens if you wanna do anything modern or talk to anyone on anything other than email and sms

bbm, whatsapp, whatsapp apk after june, weechat covers everything for me. thing can run android applications too. Albeit only up to 4.3 but still...

iOS should be more secure

it is more secure unless you will jailbreak it but again it is still more secure compared to android

Privacy? None. Both Google and Apple work for NSA (see Prism). At least android is open source so someone can de-botnet it. Plus you can always remove any unwanted apps, even system components. That is, if you fear about your privacy. Also there are firewalls (namely AFWall+ and NetGuard) and hosts file blocking to protect you from potential network attacks and malware domains.
Security wise iOS only seems "safer" since it gives the user almost no control and locks itself down (so kids/elderly have less things to fuck up), but android can be made much, much more secure in less than an hour. Overall android is an OS at a desktop OS level, so it's bound to have more potential security holes since it's so much larger than iOS. But that doesn't mean it's less secure, remember most modern security threats are malwaretizing and scamming users (remember all the photo and data leaks coming from iPhone users). The reason android is sometimes perceived as less secure is because more people use it, so there will be more reports about some malicious behavior. All issues are fixed almost immediately if you use a Google phone, or every month if you use something like Samsung/Sony. I was actually on v 4.4 up until this year (I was too lazy to unroot or install a custom ROM) and I was never affected by any android malware. Security is not a product. In the hands of an idiot even the most secure system will fail.

It's done for publicity. They still actively help NSA and sell user data. They only sell you a story once in a while to keep you believing they won't give your privacy away. That's what everyone would do. Stop living in a fantasy world where nobody lies.

tl;dr
It doesn't matter. They're the same. Pick android because it has more features. If you don't need them, buy a dumbphone or just an android phone and pretend it doesn't have the features. There's really no reason to buy an iPhone. There hasn't been for a couple of years now.

Nah, I like local law enforcement not having free access to my phone, thanks

So what do you use? Sailfish? Ubuntu phone? Dumbphones? Or do you not have a phone?

Old Nokia and Motorola owners.

I know a guy like that

>old nokia
>stock ringtones
>brags about his Snake record
>modded the phone to power an NFC tag so that he can use it as an access card
>battery life through the roof
>recently started mumbling about getting an OLED screen

Fucking Mole.