LINUX FALSE ADVERTISING

There is no security advantage in running Linux.

Stop spreading your lies.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0RcV6pAQiEG
grsecurity.net/compare.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_OS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

go and be a faggot somewhere else

>Linux
>Advertising
lel

>What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux

No.

Get that fat autist off my board

>There is no security advantage in running Linux.

Elaborate.

It's Sup Forums. This is the last thing you can expect from an average OP.

GIVE

>Elaborate.

Wikileaks exposed how fucked Linux is

Get off of Sup Forums you windows faggot

>Wikileaks exposed how fucked Linux is
[citation needed]

>Citation needed
Do you live under a fucking rock? Have you missed the autistic shitbomb that hit Sup Forums after vault 7? Do us a favor and help yourself out

>[citation needed]

Go back to watching Fox News and Infowars you dumb idiot

the key here is that windows is only slightly less fucked than it was when the leak hit and will keep bleeding as microsoft lines their pockets on that sweet spyware infested os.

linux has patched as many bugs as quickly as possible to maintain security.
Coupled with the fact that you have stuff like selinux at your disposal, you can retain a reasonable measure of security.

If you have a functioning brain and you're not a complete retard you don't usually have to worry about viruses with any OS. However, linux viruses are much less common than Windows viruses so linux users are less likely to be affected.

Is there any other kernel that GNU is used with?

There is if you're smart

Here is my verbal response to this question.

vocaroo.com/i/s0RcV6pAQiEG

Traps pls go

>selinux

Selinux takes a lot of work to maintain correctly for a general purpose workstation use. It's more of an inconvenience than anything else for non server usage.

You're much better off using grsec grsecurity.net/compare.php

Additionally, can you confirm that those exploits work with EMET configured correctly on that Windows system?

Security is cheaper

I will fap to this every night until the End of Time.

>viruses
>doesn't understand the point of the thread

Retards should leave

GNU/Hurd

>linux
>secure

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_OS
Yes, but it's not free as in freedom.

MOAR

fag

Lowes hardware stores use linux too. It's best not to assume max security on any system. But still. It's way fucking more secure than any microsoft product in how it treats executables and the fact that microsoft feels it's unethical to expose vulnerabilities. You don't find this attitude with linux users developers. I use windows but in an encrypted vm in linux off the web. It's much better that way.

It's fun trying to give a thoughful reply to memester shitposts.

fake news.
Most of the DPRK's computers run Windows XP and Windows 7, about 30% of them run RedStar OS

OK

stop your uninformed copy pasta

>grsec

Man do I have bad news for you

I thought government-utilized computers ran Ubuntu before RSOS

No, first of all Ubuntu is capitalist and owned by Canonical, the DPRK is strictly against it, Red Star was the first to come, before that were just old versions of Windows

>vulnerability is discovered in linux kernel
>large panic ensues, vulnerability is patched and all is good within 6~ months

>vulnerability is discovered in windows NT kernel
>lol it never gets disclosed because closed source kek and is sold via broker to numerous state-sponsored actors and cybercriminals
lol

Fuh king this.

I don't know why but I simply love this copy pasta.

Where'd it go?

you can DMZ a linux machine and be alright. same can't really be said for a windows machine

kek

>about 30% of them
I think it's much less. Every commie state have its own lunix distro, but when you visit their shithole, you see nothing but XP or similar crap even if there is an embargo or something like that.