Installed linux, now wut do?

Installed linux, now wut do?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/DrabWeb/Akedo
forums.linuxmint.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install less usable distros until you get to arch. so next is ubuntu, then fedora, then gentoo, then arch.

Nothing, you fell for a meme

>he fell for it

You could try editing a video with openshot and then learn python so you can try to fix the software when it keeps crashing and then if you're successful you could finish editing that video.

watch anime

The next step is to remove windows.

Literally nothing.

Now format your drive and install macOS like a normal person.

Post your desktop.
Post your boipucci.

format and install macOS

format and install win10 like normal people

>Mint
>Linux
the guys who wered hacked by a reddit user.

lmao at 38 second uptime. good post

(。>﹏

pls explain why gentoo is before arch

What apps are those at the top right menu bar?

Got any recommends?

I always install BetterSnapTool first and foremost.

owo

the arrow is github.com/DrabWeb/Akedo
the A is the default language input switcher

Uninstall Linux and reinstall Windows 7 because Linux has literally no software for it,and that your normal Windows programs and games don't work on it and if they do find out that they run better in Windows anyways. Also Linux Mint? Really?

uninstall

38 second uptime, but music is on 1:19

You whatever you did on wangdows, only you dont need to reboot every 10 minutes

maybe she skipped ahead?

>gentoo, then arch.
arch is actually semi-usable
gentoo is the purest, memest meme Sup Forums has started

North koreans breathe air too maybe you should stop doing that

rly wish they would add emoji support back desu

check out drabwebs apps he makes good stuff
especially booru chan

why don't you actually post a real screenshot instead of a google image

The screenfetch was ran right after boot and left open. Other stuff was done after.

commie detected

Now you rice and autism and fix it after updates instead of doing work on it

Gentoo doesn't break itself with regular use.
In fact, it's one of the most stable distros of all time. It's just awful in the ease of use market

Desktop thread was delet
Same question as OP though

>Linux.
>Open Source
>Not controlled by a greedy company.

I think what most people on Sup Forums at least enjoy about it is the ability to configure it to their liking. Decorate it, rice it. Make something cool, a system that you can call truly your own.

now you masturbate thinking of RMS

he took the screenfetch before he took the screenshot retards it doesn't update

*she

Play around with it for a few hours and maybe even a day or two then go back to windows when you realize it's poorly made amateur hour trash with little to no software

Install and learn i3-wm and enjoy the productivity and how responsive it is.

end your fucking life

Well said brother, linux is customizing heaven.

Good luck customize a Windows operation system, Microsoft put you in jail if you ever accomplish that. The closest you get is changing the size of the taskbar without breaking the system.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Every time I see someone talk about Linux there's always some fag who posts this shit. "GNU plus Linux"
I'll let you in on a little secret. NOBODY FUCKING CARES!

newfag fuck off

Linux is all you should use.

he's right tho

I did this with W10. It's amazing there are people out there who pay for this shit.

>learn python

>not knowing python without learning

>posts 3 year old linux mint

I believe you

Libreoffice
Openshot
Musescore
Shutter
GIMP
Ionic framework
XAMPP
Wine

Learn Lua
Delete Linux Mint
Install Arch Linux with awesome WM
Get Awesome WM functional
Tweak to your liking

Welcome to 2008, now buy a chrome book, then a MacBook, then back to windows and you are in
>%CurrentYear%

>she

yes? do you have a problem with that?

I ran windows 7 in linux mint and it ran better than when windows seven was installed alone. Plus I could still browse the web while windows was updating.

unironic owo

whats an ironic owo

Go back

Open terminal

Type "rm -rf"

RTFM.

forums.linuxmint.com/

>Now wut

RICE

Windows 7 was easy to pickup and navigate using the GUI only with minimal upkeep and troubleshooting. It has a very large number of quality programs for almost every application whether it be entertainment or work related.
The main reason I switched is Microsoft's heavy handed approach towards privacy and the lack of user control over the operating system's settings and updates.
Only reason I ever even considered switching was when I discovered that my hardware supports GPU passthrough so I can have the best of both worlds. Now windows is just an icon that resides on my panel which I click whenever I feel like a game or want to run programs that I cannot find a stable workaround or good alternative for.

It was a pain to setup the VM and sort all issues initially, but it was well worth the effort. Once Window is installed in a VM the drivers and everything are installed as you normally would on bare metal granted the devices were passed through in the startup script.
I haven't encountered any issues with every single windows application run in a VM to date, hell I even fucking managed to get the HTC Vive working flawlessy by passing through a PCIE USB controller and performance is near native since Xubuntu uses bugger all CPU with i3wm. Probably around 5% performance loss on the CPU which is sweet fuck all since most games are GPU bound.
Surprisingly I found it is better than running windows bare metal since I can switch between windows and linux simultaneously with a dual monitor setup, so most of my activity would be on linux and I can switch to it without interrupting windows even while it runs applications in full screen mode, handy for applications that do not have borderless window mode where alt tabbing can be an issue.

The first things I noticed was that updating wasn't anywhere near as painful since I only ever needed to restart when there was a kernel update and I don't have to sit through a "please wait while windows updates" screen, the update process was heaps faster.
Xubuntu on SSD is pretty snappy, takes a few seconds to boot and is useable the instant I am logged in. Meanwhile with windows you have to wait a while longer for everything to be accessible.
There is less fear of downloading malicious programs since most of the software I need is available via the package manager instead of digging around to find a site that doesn't offer an adware/malware ridden installer.
Really loved rsync for backing up periodically since it uses hard links to reduce hard disk space used and is relatively quick and easy to revert to any desired point in time should I fuck up.

There is the occasional issue for intermediate and more advanced use where you have to use a search engine and dig into the command line, some issues easier than others but my experience has been relatively stable overall albeit less so than windows 7.

It's a better Distro than arch and won't break if your intelligent

turn off computer and get a girlfriend

post memes on /g

I was just trying to make a point
Have fun being cucked by microshit telemtery, forced updates and closed platforms

Here is the new user guide for GNU/Linux. Have fun, OP.

wew wintoddlers still can't meme

Now install SourceMage.

>wintoddlers
Would you like a tampon with that butthurt?

>XD le butthurt sir?
wintoddler pls

>112 packages
>half of ram is wasted on DE

Macfags are fucking retarded

shut up user

At least the other anime ricers actually do something unique with their desktop.
What utterly generic trash.

>tried to use Komikan
>it was not responding when loading my manga files

Here's your fucking owo

realize its an amazing server os but shit as a desktop os which will literally kick you in the nuts whenever you try doing real work on it and then reinstall windows.

>inb4 0.04 rupees to my account and a toilet coupon.

>not installing windows XP with Ask! toolbar and bonzibuddy

your dumb