What is the best smart bulb?

What is the best smart bulb?

Other urls found in this thread:

lighting.philips.com/main/support/support/faqs/dimming-with-leds/disadvantages-of-pwm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

botnet

I too enjoy microphones connecting to the IoT to record my fapping. Good day, friend!

Smart bulbs are dumb, smart light switches and power plugs are where it's at.

>falling for the botbulb meme

Hue. Every chink knock off I ever tried has died at lightning speed while the Hue works to this day.

most if not all smart bulbs use PWM(on and off at different length and interval) to simulate dimming, the effect is similar to old crt monitor flickering or incandescent bulb flickering.

If you hold your phone camera up to the bulb you can see the flicker very easily. I dont recommend smart bulbs because its even worse than incandescent tube flickering which a lot of ppl have problems with. This includes Philip hue, illumi, lifx gen 2/3, GE smart bulbs, basically all of them

I've never seen this problem on my hue bulbs

I like being able to go between warm white and cool white depending on the situation and how I feel.

why dont you put your phone camera up to it and test

because I am not at home. I will when I get a chance, but I've never noticed it after nearly 2.5 years of owning them.

it affects some people, not all. but overall the effect is unnatural. Natural light does not continuously turn on and off, and pets can probably detect the flickering

"cats and dogs need a higher frame rate than humans to make it appear as a smooth film, a phenomenon known as flicker fusion, in humans we require 15-20 frames per second, dogs require 70fps and cats about 100." from stackoverflow

i think the hue line is probably less than 100hz which means its fucking with cats and dogs everywhere and sensitive people

lighting.philips.com/main/support/support/faqs/dimming-with-leds/disadvantages-of-pwm

just tested on all 17 of my bulbs. No issue with Hue Gen 3. Willing to post pics/vids for proof.

Don't have a problem myself or pets. But had heard of it, oh well ill keep my bulb.

from philips official account

i can see very clearly the vertical lines going across the gif

ps I'm not the guy with the 17 bulbs saying there is no issue.

the pwm lines are very visible

>Staring at your light bulbs

Nigga get a lampshade if you're so sensitive baka

See Don't have a problem in that I'm not sensitive to it.

that makes no sense

thats good, but even philips own product page says its bad for you

Not the ones that are only semi-spherical.

afaik most modern dimmer switches use pwm, smart or otherwise

None of those tech problems are dealbreakers to me.
Give me some research stating I'll snap after n time with them on and murder my family or something, then I might sell them off to recover some of the investment.

imo led bulbs should be dirt cheap, like $1 per bulb. this is just another marketing gimmick to sell you low cost tech for extreme profits and even with some drm thrown in

its just unnatural and pets can probably perceive it. PWM is just a money saving technique to simulate dimming, real dimming is done by voltage control

>$100 bulb
>hardly bright enough for anything

Literally botnet. As is: connected to the internet, virtually no security and used for distributed attacks. Stop making iot happen.

>smart bulb

>They are attacking my light switch
Ohhh no!

that's always a worry, mostly due to fly by night companies releasing an iot device and then never updating it, we already saw what damage can happen from that botnet.

>real dimming is done by voltage control
Which would kill any lightbulb that does this within the day.

will pwm make me blind or gay?

Yes.

i want a smart handkerchief, that will wipe my cum, after I finish fapping, and then will wash itself. I'd pay for that.

This isn't a problem with dimmer switches on standard LEDs, right?

You moron. That isn't the problem.

Because it is connected to the Internet with shitty security people infect them with malware and turn them into bots to use for attacks.

Fucking moron.

The 6$ chinese ones from ebay that are controlled with ir. If you have a half decent phone you can use that to control them.

pwm itself is not a problem, since leds can be pwm'd at several kHz without any issues. I don't get why they often get pwm'd at much lower frequencies.

genius.
absolutely incredible.
sum1 pls do it.

inb4
>god already did it when he created womunn

link for uk user pls

None, just buy a normal led globe like everyone else, unless you love the botnet in your home.

they're trying to cause seizures and/or induce vertigo.

>Get Hue hub and a white temperature changing bulb
>Works, even with google assistant to turn on/off with voice
>Until anything happens with the router like a restart or upgrade
>"I'm sorry, hue lamp 01 isn't available right now"
>Can still switch it on with the Hue app
Sorta annoying and you can't change temperature with voice, yet, only colors.

Also:
>Find some nice bright LED panels from IKEA
>They have their own automated home system but it's compatible with Zygbee standards
>So is Hue
>Look if anyone has experience with using IKEA with Hue
>"It worked with the old firmware but the new one seems to have fucked it up"
>People message philips about this
>They get two replies, both stating "Hue and IKEA isn't compatible due to strange behaviour in IKEA zigbee systems, it works in unexpected ways with Hue"
>No replies towards "It worked before though?"

Not sure if it's "fixed" but a few months ago they couldn't work together.

This man fucks

>RGB lightbulb

just smart bulbs that have PWM dimming built in.

philips has a genius product called Scene Switch bulbs that gives you 3 different temps or lumens settings by turning on a few or all LEDs in the array. cheap and effective

yeah i dont know why its not at kHZ. The only issues that may arise is more heat shortening the led lifespan, but does high frequency pwm generates more heat??

>smart bulb
This "internet of things" thing needs to stop.

they are working on an update to work apparently. seems slow to happen tho, but youd need a base to update the IKEA lights anyway so eh.

this is amazing. I have the hue white balance thing and it's seriously a life changer.

That is fascinating, thanks for the info. I never considered my lights might be bad for my poor doggo.

So, what alternatives exist for dimming LEDs?

>Connected to the internet

That is why we have firewalls m8

Why
Why the fuck would you buy a smart bulb

RGB LIGHTING FOR MY HOUSE AND COMPUTER
WILL HOOK UP TO HUE HUE HUE PLUS

If I want to get only one and don't want any hub crap, which should I buy?

Even the lights are fucking botnet now

We should have listened to Stallman

Because it's nice to have automatic lights you can fiddle with and customize however you want.

LIFX has bulbs which don't need a hub but they cost much more individually than others.

yes.
also more EMI

I was thinking that PWM at high frequencies could use excessive amounts of power which is why laptops use such low frequencies but that argument doesn't really apply to something plugged into the wall all the time.

>get free bulbs from hive
>now I can't turn the lights on without my phone

Not really enhanced my life desu

Nigga how

>>now I can't turn the lights on without my phone
and a router

>god already did it when he created womunn
fucking kek