> 2012
> Intel releases the core i7-3720QM
> 45W TDP
> 2.6GHZ, turbo up to 3.6GHz
> HD4000 integrated graphics
> ...
> 5 years later
> AMD still literally can't compete on the mobile market with a 5 year old CPU
I know Raven Ridge will probably give something faster than this, and on graphics it will probably (and hopefully) destroy Intel HD and even Iris, but holy fuck, how late can AMD get?

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/64891/Intel-Core-i7-3720QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder: It's a quad-core CPU with 8 threads
ark.intel.com/products/64891/Intel-Core-i7-3720QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

Ryzen will finally bring a reason to have a laptop with an AMD CPU, their APUs better be good or they will lose the laptop marking.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to put non-APU Ryzen chips in a laptop.

>putting housefire moar cores on mobile
>use up battery in 15 mins

I wonder why they suck?

If the battery is big enough, you can easily get over 8 hours on a quad core i7.

45w 6 core/12 thread 2.5ghz-3.2ghz Raven Ridge 1600M APU when?

Thing about laptop power usage is that unless your CPU is a 45 watt monster like in OP's pic, you will rarely see CPU usage take up a majority of battery life unless you're just sitting there stressing Prime95. What really kills laptop battery life? HDDs. Screen brightness. CPU unable to go into low power sleep mode. The usual suspects that kill smartphone battery life. (You can also add in discrete GPUs) Modern CPUs are ridiculously efficient, unless you are going full throttle with the CPU usage it won't make a big dent.

Yeah, and if the battery is big enough you might as well plug it into the wall

WHY DO AMD FAGGOTS TAKE BAIT SO HARD
GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP BEING SO DAMN DEFENSIVE

If they grew up they'd have money and buy intel though.

Should I be depressed knowing how many (You)s you're bound to get?

I already got my first one :^)

Mobile Ryzen 4c/8t with RX560 would be comfy. I'd buy one.

Yeah I know but I've just been thinking, what's to be done about it? Where'd all the smart people go for tech banter?

The office.

what about us wageslaves though?
I've been lurking IRC and it's honestly nicer but this format is cozier

if they release a laptop it would be a fucking BOMB cuz they make gpus too so they dont need to jewcut the revenue with anyone else. cpu+gpu all amd super cheap laptop gamer pew pew oh yea.

make your own echo chamber if you don't like it here

mm

>HD 4000

I'll just add some straps to a car battery. We'll fucking go all day.

Literally faster than any AMD APU

That's where you're wrong. Amd always had the better igp. iX still can't match Kaveri.

>HD