What Sup Forums thinks of g4560?

is it any good? should i upgrade from fx 8350?

Other urls found in this thread:

prntscr.com/f1tax5
asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty 990FX Killer3.1/
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-7350K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1400/3889vs3922
anandtech.com/show/11083/the-intel-core-i3-7350k-60w-review/4
anandtech.com/show/11083/the-intel-core-i3-7350k-60w-review/5
anandtech.com/show/11083/the-intel-core-i3-7350k-60w-review/6
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Faq/What-is-the-effective-CPU-speed-index/55
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. Alternatively opt for a Core i3 7350k. You can overclock it to 5.1ghz on air easily.

Just wait for Coffee Lake in August

6 cores 12 threads of AYYMD killing goodness

it costs 4x more though

G4560 - $80
7350k - $150

You also get support for Optane. Consider you have a 2TB hard drive that's a lot slower than a SSD. With a Optane drive, after a few runs it will cache your Window files alongside with frequently used programs and load them dramatically faster than the hard drive alone.

>6 cores 12 threads
>$500
Yeah nah

Are you unironically shilling octane in that stupid use scenario with and hdd which is the only consumer showing that Intel could get even it's own tilted benchmarks to show improvement in? More ram or more ssd is the better choice.

They released a k version of an i3?

Some guy is trying to build a cheap PC and you tell him to pay twice as much for a similar CPU and on top of that buy some expensive meme shit?

>Just wait
Oh my, how the tables have turned.

First one

The CPU costs around $70 more although it has a unlocked multiplier, besy iGPU to date, better IPC and support for Optane which is by no means a meme. It costs $40 and can boost a huge capacity hard drive to nearly SSD performance at a fraction of cost.

in my country
G4560 - 65€
7350k - 195€

In what fucking single core poo in loo land are you that a g4560 is better than an fx 8350?

G4560 has better single core performance than a 1800X

wait for ryzen 3 (if you are a poorfag) or save until you can get the 1600 (if you are a streaming fag)

g4560 is a stutter fest for modern gaymen tbqh, that's the shit you buy for a facebook machine

get your ass in /pcbg/ we'll build you something cheap

Are you an actual intel shill? You need to buy a more expensive motherboard to overclock. For the price of OC mobo + i3 + optane you could just grab G4560 and a 500GB SSD. Also why the hell would you use the "best" (it's not) iGPU for anything? It's obvious he has a discrete GPU.

>is it any good
Yes.
>should i upgrade from fx 8350?
No.

>dual core poorfaggptry with turbo stutter
Into the trash.

>optane
Get out.

Z270 motherboards start at $125. If he goes by your suggestion he will get a weaker CPU, no support for 4K Netflix content, no Optane support, no native USB 3.1 10Gbps support and 4 times less storage by saving less than $100.

I see 70 usd to 170. Probably another 20 dollars for an over clocking motherboard and another 20-30 for a cpu cooler. Maybe 10-15 % improvement for much more cash.

wtf is optane and why should i care?

inb4 its just another buzzword to edge out the competition and turn you whole lot in to consumeristic cucks

OP is obviously looking for a budget build, I surely hope you dont have any "friends" asking you for pc building advice because you clearly have no understanding of it.

Too bad it's complete shit even in gayming

It's the best you can get for the money and it render every single i3 CPU obsolete, but 2 cores on a desktop PC is barely passable nowadays unless you only care about vidya gaems. The Ryzen 3 will be infinitely better value for the money but it'll probably cost at least twice as much for the cheapest offering.

Optane is a memory cache. Thats it. Its an ssd that sorts piggybacks on your regular old hdd, caching often used files to get a speed boost.

I forgot to mention I wont be gayming on it. just need fast build for extreme browsing on Sup Forums

>4 times less storage
>500GB SSD has 4 times less storage than a 16GB optane
What did he mean by this?

Then keep your ayymd cpu.

Not it doesn't. Clock for clock they are pretty much the same.

Suppose that you have a 2TB hard drive. You hate the slow speed but at the same time you don't have over $1500 to spend on a higher than 1TB ssd. Optane is an insanely fast m.2 form factor drive designed by Intel that can boost your hard drive performance to nearly SSD performance. The way it works is by cacheing your Windows files and frequencly used programms so you can start them up almost instantaneously.

But when you could install your entire OS and all your programs to a 100gb or so ssd and use hdd for data, why would you?

I get shit ssd performance on my aymd cpu/mb
prntscr.com/f1tax5

Current best value budget CPU.
With an FX8350 you could and probably should wait for Ryzen 3 or splurge for a R5 1400 but for gaming alone it can't be beat in value

I know that feel
G4560 - $75AUD
7350k - $245AUD

That wouldn't be an upgrade in anything other than gaming IMO. Keep your FX chip for now and save up for R5 1600 (if you can) or wait for Ryzen 3

OP's fx+mobo doesn't even support sata 3 whereas with the Pentium he could get a NVMe drive in.

He'd be fucking stupid to pair a NVMe drive with a pentium but i guess he -could-

SATA3, or NVMe or not, I dont see a reason for OP to upgrade if its just a shitposting machine.

Would it support a pcie x4 ssd?

Fuck off, shill. Even the paid-off reviewers noted what a piece of garbage the 7350K. It can barely match the lowest-clocked locked i5 even if you overclock it, whilst getting hotter, using more power and requiring an expensive motherboard.

The G4560 is a piece of shit too, but at least it's cheap.

So a pointless feature, not really required for much anything.

Plenty of AM3+ boards have that stuff. Even shitty gaming boards like
asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty 990FX Killer3.1/

Refunded it on 2nd week. Maximum stutters.

Precisely.

I'd say wait for the Ryzen R3 info/release. Silly to buy a the G4560 just as the R3 is about to be released. A few months ago I would have said sure, but now? Wait.

Why the shit would anybody ever buy the 7350k? It serves literally no purpose whatsoever when you can get an i5, or better yet, a Ryzen 5 for the same price.

This, can't believe reviewers completely ignore this fundamentally broken aspect of almost all budget friendly Intel CPUs, I am not a conspiracy theorist but holy shit I got jewed into buying this piece of shit hard.

The 7350K is 15% faster than the Ryzen 5.
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-7350K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1400/3889vs3922

That's already before OCing.

>Buying budget CPUs and complaining about getting budget CPU performance
Do you people have Downs syndrome or something?

Because a lot of people aren't retarded enough to buy something that has 2008 single core performance.

>userbenchmark.com
Wow_its_fucking_nothing.jpg

It's faster than the i5-7400 too based on that sites completely arbitrary measurement of speed. Turns out CPUs with fewer cores has better single core performance than CPUs with more cores, who knew?

Precisely, because adults who have jobs and don't buy their CPUs based on how many FPS it gets in video games don't buy Pentium or i3 CPUs. The G4560 exists for people like you.

You tech-illiterate fucks who link that site really need to go back to Sup Forums. It would also claim that the 7350K is faster than the 7400, yet that's not the fucking case in real world applications.

>2017
>recommending the i3-7350K
>ever

Back to r/amd cuck

A sane perfon would take it over a ryzen any day

>Your own shitty website shows that the 7350k is "faster" than the 7400 when that sure as hell isn't the case
>"Lel cuck AMD fanboy go back to r/AMD xD"

You must be 18 or older to post on this website

>A sane person would take a dual core CPU over a quad core CPU in 2017 that's more expensive but performs worse in literally everything but video games, and even then the difference is minimal

He might be sane but still a retard.

anandtech.com/show/11083/the-intel-core-i3-7350k-60w-review/4
anandtech.com/show/11083/the-intel-core-i3-7350k-60w-review/5
anandtech.com/show/11083/the-intel-core-i3-7350k-60w-review/6

The 7350k only beats the 7400 in single core performance and gets spanked in everything else, yet userbenchmark says the 7350k is faster. Remember to ignore every single person who uses userbenchmark as a source.

Or if you have an ssd it's the same or better

Bait.

>Intel
>Just Wait

Should I get a H61 board, 2 GB DDR3 and a Pentium G645 for 30 €?

Coming from >pic related

The G645 sells for at least 15 € and I can get a i5 for 40-50
DDR3 is also very cheap compared to DDR2
I think the G645 might be better and quieter than my current processor

Isn't userbenchmark reliable? I thought CPUBoss and Gamedebate are the worst. Which compare site do you recommend?

Just look up individual reviews of CPUs and compare the benches to what you intend to do with it. Userbenchmarks own "Effective speed" information says it's gaming oriented which makes it pointless unless you only care about gaming, and if it's gaming you care about then just look up actual gaming reviews.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Faq/What-is-the-effective-CPU-speed-index/55

I upgraded from my 8350 to the 4560 and didn't see any performance increase. I really only did it so I could have a micro-atx build. I wouldn't recommend the "upgrade" though.

Don't know why you wouldn't at least get an R5 1400. At least if you can find them on sale for $130-$150.
>Isn't userbenchmark
No. It's mostly just VOTES and single core performance even though almost everything is well threaded now days.

Best thing to do is to google for benchmarks of what you actually use. Newer benchmarks are better since some older ones are 5-35% off on performance with Ryzen.

You realize the single core advantage will vanish when they add more cores, right? It'll just be a slower, hotter, more expensive 1600X.

Literal shill. Can't OC on cheap Z270's w/o exploding, 4K Netflix is a joke, Optane is trash, USB 3.1 is a meme, 10Gbps won't be useful on budget build anyway. Fuck off forever.

Look at that analogy at the end there. These guys are fucking brain damaged. I don't get why they're still obsessed with single core for MUH GAYMES when even Intel is moving towards 6 cores.

>i5 skylake beaten by an i7 2600k
Fuck intel, no improvement in 7+ years

What fucking idiots.
8350 has been making gains over the 2500k because of many cores.
It's still got me fucked why these retards keep repeating this tripe. There's only do much instructions you can shove down a single cores throat.

>gaming workloads where two cores or less are typically active

Six cores? What do you need four cores for?

It's not that they weren't improved. The 6600k is better than the 2500k.
It's that they overpriced the fuck out of i5s without adding hyperthreading to them arbitrarily to create an artificial market.
So a $300 i7-2600k still beats a $250 i5-7600k.

>$
The CPU alone is 175 € here, I already run a 5820K 4K rig. I want a silent and power saving budget build for my bedroom.

Upgrading to a DDR3 platform isn't possible because the Phenom II 940 only supports DDR2.

> I already run a 5820K 4K rig. I want a silent and power saving budget build for my bedroom.
Nothing is more power efficient than Ryzen except ARM, so I'm not sure what you're saying here. It sounds like you're trying to be contradictory to what I said, but what you said doesn't contradict it.

I was saying that I don't need another highend rig, I want to save as much as possible. 100 € for the hardware would be perfect. I need a mainboard, CPU + RAM
Buying new would be too expensive

8350 is a 4 core 8 thread
t. fucking owner of one

Why would you want to downgrade?

No, its based off four dualcore modules. As far as I know they share their cache, but are two independent cores.

Ryzen is also not octa core. It's a two four core.

Meanwhile in Uruguay..
G4560 - U$S 83 (In an Ebay's equivalent, New)
i3 7350k - U$S 263 (In a place called "Banifox")

I'm actually surprised these bastards are selling the G4560 this cheap, to be quite honest.
I thought they were gonna put it at.. I don't know, around U$S 120 or something, that'd be like 30 dollars less than the i3 7100.

Wait for naples and stuff to launch and the market gets flooded with new used Xeons.

What of those Intel CPUs with their ringbusses, then? They're objectively inferior.

Nope. It's 8 cores that have small FPUs. You have to be blind to not see this just by looking at the die shot instead of regurgitating ignorant forum comments.