/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Superlux-HD-661-Professional-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B0062OOFAY/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1493426714&sr=1-5&keywords=Superlux hd
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaY5GGPy_C8
youtube.com/watch?v=nx5hiLXkWMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

L-lewd...

At what point should you consider buying an amp/dac over upgrading your headphones?

When it's not loud enough.

Poor grape-kun

Not at their newegg price. Going to be really hard to beat at $55

More like overpriced

I'm in EU, cheapest I could get them was $120(and that was importing from US), so I didn't.

You get EMI or hiss from your current source.
You don't get enough loudness.
You want a volume pot.
You feel your headphones are as good as they'll ever get.
You're rolling in cash.

In that order.

Yes, but I would still choose those over any other sub-$100 headphones; even better if you can find them for $60.

Reposting pads

There is no "point". Aside from having a problem with either one, DAC is not related to headphones you plug in at all amplifier's purpose is to amplify the signal and do nothing else. There might be features built around these parts you value such as a volume pot, switchable gain, I/O, remote control or who knows what else. Depending on how good or bad the gear you have is at the moment, you might have a good enough reason right now. Or you might not. I got one because I wanted to make sure my amplifier and DA-converter are high quality and they are out of the consideration since then. I was also lacking a tiny bit of volume on some tracks after using an equalizer.

What are the most stylish and comfiest headphones?

Asking again, how skeptical should I be of Ebay?

OK, real question time...

So i picked up a pair of Bose quiet comfort 3s back in the day, and they have been GREAT to me. I used to travel a lot and they do wonders on air planes.
But i feel they are on their last leg. I'm looking for something I can run with my Behringer 404 interface that will deliver some nice range I guess?? These Bose seem to clip when heavy bass hits.

I'll be honest my budget is tight, somewhere from the 100-200$ range? But there are sooo many choice! Any brands in particular to look into?

>using botnet headphones

Thanks for the input. Think I'll try them.

Redpill me on the Sennheiser HD 599.

Refreshed 598 with slightly more bass

Past certain points, your amps and DACs are going to matter more than yoir headphones.

Upgrade on the HD598. FR is now more neutral, less weak bass, closer to HD600.

>be a retarded weeb
>buy a $300+ headphone with my good boy points
>enter in many snowflake trackers as possible
>download many FLACs of kpop and anime music as my HDD holds
>shitpost on Sup Forums about my beautiful headphone
>listen to said "music" while fapping to drawings
I'm sorry.

amazon.com/Superlux-HD-661-Professional-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B0062OOFAY/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1493426714&sr=1-5&keywords=Superlux hd
Would this be a good purchase?

is it worth spending £300 on headphones?

i have never owned a pair and looking to buy some

Yes, get HD600, happy ever after.

If you're happy with your computer and other peripherals, expecially monitors, then yes if you can spare the money. You will love them. If you live in a populated area do yourself a favor and see if you can find a hifi shop to hear some headphones.
Look into beyerdynamic, sennheiser, audio technica, akg, and grado

Hold on there, user. Would you not want to find out what you prefer, before jumping in head first? The ocean's always full of shills looking out for people like you.

Is there a way to take some noisy headphones like the hd681 evo and prevent noise leak

Is a fulla 2 a signifficant upgrade over the dragonfly black? I want to relegate the dragonfly to exclusively my cell phone.
Is there a superior dac and amp at ~100 usd or below? Open to chi-fi

>HD 600
>Knows nothing of user's tastes

I will be using them to watch anime mostly and maybe listen to music every now and then

If you don't listen to music for hours every day you are burning your money. For anime pick up a ~100 open back headphone.

tape up the openings

If you are only going to watch Anime and occasionally listen to music, then there's little reason for you to buy headphones that expensive.

If you're only keeping the stock parts of the headphones, best thing you can do is dampen them as much as possible while figuring out what type of sound you like from the results, otherwise just buy closed headphones.

Pic related voiced by shimamu's seiyuu hadapure duet with mimorin's seiyuu is pure bliss @ HD600.

HD600 is an all rounder but it excels at female vocals (perfect for idols!) and metal.

Go watch some reviews, there just isn't anything better under 500 pounds (and probably even higher).

mimorin's seiyuu meant to say umi's seiyuu aka mimorin ;P

Pic related. That's HD600 by umi's birthday :P

All dac/amps are the same unless they fuck it up somehow badly, so asking for a superior one is bullshit.

Are they an upgrade over ATH-T500 or more of a sidegrade?
I need a second pair anyway for the dorm and deployment so I'm considering these.

What would be the best sound quality sound isolation headphones I could get for under 50 usd on amazon?

>For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in

I bought Samson SR850 on recommendation of this thread.

I'm pretty happy with them. Thanks, /hpg/.

Depends on if you are willing to try new form factors, canalphones are great for travelers and offer the noise cancelling of headphones without the need for active circuitry or batteries. They take adjusting and aren't for everybody. You can get a set of Etymotic MC-5 for about $60.

Personally, I would rate them between an AD500X and AD700X. Not sure with your headphones.

SMSL M3 vs Fulla 2 vs E10k

want to spend the least amount of money possible

What are good wireless earbuds?

No problem, senpai.

E10K if you're a cheap boy.
Fulla 2 if you're going to buy once and almost never again.

Wait for the Monoprice DAC to go on sale again? I saw it for $50 or so once.

I don't think I'll go beyond midfi so maybe getting the fulla 2 will be my endgame. Shame that it's so fucking expensive in the UK, it's $140 USD

Wish I was in the US, I'm in the UK

>RETURN OF HD6XX WHEN

Just work a few hours extra and pay the extra dosh.

If you're that skint you shouldn't be looking for midfi sound anyways, be happy with the VE Monks or something.

What are some good non-noise leak headphones I can get for under 50$? I am considering the edifer h840 at the moment.

Superlux HD 662/662 EVO/669/660

Ok taste, I suppose.

> audio technica m50x
are these still /hpg/ recommended? i read some raving reviews about the m50, cant get them anymore, these are the new model

i'm about to order them, my current headphones are fucked

Honestly, I think you'd be absolutely nuts to spend that on headphones if you don't listen to music often. The HD600s are superb, definitely worth the money for music lovers, but they're overkill if you're mainly going to be watching television shows and despite what some people here claim they really are quite difficult to drive beyond medium volumes without an amplifier (tested on iPad and iPhone).

Opinions in DAPs? what's a good one? i've been looking at the fiio x5 iii, is there anything better for the same/less price, or slightly pricier?

The brown ones are pretty cute.

They're memephones that are decent but way overhyped, and need pads to be not shit.

Now that the price has risen, I'd go with the HD380 if you wanted closed.

Home closed? HM5
Portable closed? 380 Pro
Open Home? SHP9500/558
Never go portable with open backs.

yeh sadly out of stock

damn those look like ass. but they are a lot cheaper and the reviews seem great

yea home closed.

Superlux 660/669,DT770 80 ohm/Custom One Pro for V-Shaped

CB-1/XPT100/HM5/662 EVO for Neutral/Bassy

A500/900Z or A500/900X for Bright

thanx

>Never go portable with open backs.
But how else will I share my waifu's lovely voice with the other bus riders?

Why is it that everything gets perfectly loud on my headphones except one game sounds slightly too quiet even with everything maxed out? Im considering buying a headphone amplifier just for this.

Adjust the game's sound?

NZ90Quincy Jones in gold

living the life

Buy speakers for anime

>HD6XX comes back but wont ship until December
Might as well have sold blood for money in that time

Maxed out, messed with in game audio settings as much as I could to no effect

Kek. What a retard; do you want the bus riders to steal your waifu?

>need pads to be not shit
Dropped. Anything that requires you to spend $10-$30 more on pads should just be ignored.

love live and its music is garbage, go figure

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 598's. What would be a good amp for my PC/Mac?

the one inside the mac

>tfw faggots like this guy make hd600 owners look like fat smelly weebs with shit taste in music

The mic on pic related has a really loud hiss to it. I know the sound quality isn't going to be perfect, but it definitely shouldn't have such a loud hiss. Wat do?

>

Time for a seperate mic and headphones or nice headphones with a detachable cable and Vmoda BoomPro

weeb automatically implies shit taste in music

sorry mate but if you listen to anything but jap music you're pleb as fuck

i bet you don't even listen to good jap music, just trashy idol music

any recommendations for a 3.5 cable that I can use for superlux 668B? I bought one but they only lasted me 2 months shamefully.

idol music is good japanese music dummy

This I need a good cable with a 90° connector

I asked this in my own thread but nobody responded.

What are some good wireless earbuds for around $20?

You're going to have to get new taste buds, user.

Questions like that are better answered in

>idol music is good japanese music dummy

post good jap music
inb4 embarassingly cringey shit like seiko oomori

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaY5GGPy_C8

i should clarify that not all idol music is bad, just all love live music is bad

There is no good jap music. Their language sucks for music.

Silly user; all Japanese music is shitty.

meme tier

lmao fuck outta here casual youtube.com/watch?v=nx5hiLXkWMo

It's a new episode of Japanese Listen to Radiohead