What was your first computer?

Show your age, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pbclub.pwcsite.com/wiki/index.php?title=Legend_822CDT
dessgeega.com/crossroads.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's not even a computer

it's just a teletype

a bentium 4 machine with TNT/Riva GPU. I think we got it in 2003 or something.

A pentium 4 one
Get mad geezers

HP G62

>negro format
Topkek

Nice

fucking hell, never noticed that

windows 3.1 in like 1994 or some shit, it was a retailed PC that probably cost my parents a fuckload.

80286 at 8mhz.
640k base ram nothing else
No hdd
Dos 3.3 on 720k 3.5 inch disks
360kb 5.25 secondary drive

some amiga when I was 3, it was a hand me down. It was purchased in the 80s. I was born in 1990. When I was 8 we got a windows 95 PC and I first visited the internet using netscape browser.

i dont remember. some piece of crap that couldnt even play red alert

pentium 200mhz
32 mb sdr
2gb hard drive
Voodoo Rush (i think it was rush but definitely voodoo accelerator)
Sound Blaster 32

i was 7 year old when i got that pc
[spoiler]and i had to use it till i was 13 ;_;

also we got internet for the first time when i was 14

My own pc was a shop pre built (Scan computer Malta) with a c2d e8600 and AGP graphics slot, I think. I remember my father changed out the mother board and my amd gpu was gone because it wasn't compatible anymore. Which later lead me to work for a summer so I can get my 8600Gts 1gb from gainward.

Pentium II I think it was around 233mhz and had 16MB RAM and a 256MB hard drive and SoundBlaster and it had Windows 3.1 I eventually got it upgraded to Windows95+ and 64MB of ram and played a lot of Command and Conquer Red Alert.
Also someone gave me an old IBM with DOS 6.22 I dont remember the specs but the hard drive and floppy drives where like 5in.

This one

Got it in 1997, Packard Bell Legend 822CDT

pbclub.pwcsite.com/wiki/index.php?title=Legend_822CDT

I actually found an image. This is in its last years of life as I got my 560ti. At this point it had the core2quad 8600, 4gb ddr2 ram, 120gb PATA, 240gb and 500gb hdds. 550w psu

pentium 75, 16mb, 2001, im 24

House? One of those HP never obsolete beige boxes, circa 2001
Personal? Acer aspire one d255

Take in account that I live in a third world country

17 for me, in 2010, had p150 until 2008, get on my level richfag

First one that was actually mine was this, but first computer I ever used was some shitty compaq I think.

AthlonXP 2100+ Palomino housefire with Radeon 9600
killed 3 cheap PSUs before i bought a decent PSU

Some Dell hunk of shit with a Pentium II. There were some Apple computers before that but I don't remember anything specific.

I didn't know shit about computers but It was something that could run Windows 98 + Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Worms 2 and ZSNES, so it could be anything past a Pentium II, 32MB of RAM and a 4MB GPU.

p1 60MHz, 127MB HDD, 16MB RAM, win95, gravis FUCKING ultrasound
>tfw awesome midi quality, compared to my SB16 pleb friends

bought it exactly at 2001-09-11, I was 13 back then.

I can smell autism

486 DX2 66MHz

first pc I ever owned? p2 with an ati rage
first pc I ever used had casettes. I remember seing early text based internet with a printed directory. You would dial a number and set the phone receiver on the modem to connect. I was in middle school when netscape navigator released. I'm a grown man with a kid of my own now but I still come here and shitpost from time to time.

Commodore 128D.

Had no idea how to use it for shit besides games.

Hey, it's good to have a Vic20 bro out there. I remember playing Scorpion and Raid on Isram. Somewhere in storage I have a cassette tape of Ultima: Escape From Mt. Drash, though when I tried to rip it it wouldn't run with Vice.

First computer: IBM 2086 w/dot matrix printer/monitor/keyboard/mouse. Came with Dos 5.0/Windows 3.0/Word 1/MS works 2.5 (dos)/Oregon Trail game (dos). Later I upgraded the OS to Win 3.1 and got all four Windows Entertainment pack games. (My Aunt let me copy the Win 3.1 install discs). Also got a few dos games. Rotox,Life & Death, Some Grammar game thingy, and Jack Nickalas golf (I think that was the name) plus Same Game (Windows ver). I got my first modern pc in 1997, it was another IBM. An Aptiva. Win 95/Lotus Smartsuite 97. Cost quite a bit compared to now.

We didn't have a lot of money, so I had to type in games using code I got from magazines

Oh yeah, I did that too. I remember a text adventure called Arkenstone that came out all buggy and screwed up. I was never sure if I had made a mistake or the game came like that with the magazine.

what does Sup Forums think?

wow, I never knew that existed, that's amazing.

some amstrad, 464 I think

remember having magazines that came with source code in BASIC for a game

too bad I didn't start actually programming until like 15 years later

Some gateway compaq with windows 2000. I remember drawing OCs in wait with it. Haven't used or seen it in years.

The best type-in games were in Ahoy! magazine, because they had an editor called Flankspeed that let you basically type in machine code from the magazine, and the last two bits were a checksum so you couldn't type it in wrong.

They had some surprisingly good C64 games in there, like the Vaults of Terror series (by noted game designer and mega-weirdo Cleveland M. Blakemore).

Another type-in classic from over in Compute! was Crossroads, and its sequel, Crossroads II - Pandemonium. They were sort of like Wizard of Wor on steroids, with bigger mazes and a ton of different monsters, each with their own behavior and food chain.

*paint
fucking shit

TI-99/4A that my dad found in storage at his office. I only had two games for it. A pacman clone called munchman, who instead of eating pellets instead shat brown X's out his ass and a decent version of Hunt the Wumpus.

I got my games from the source code in Compute! magazines, but I must have missed the Crossroads games. I loved Wizard of Wor, so I'm sure I would have loved them too.

pentium 3

>tfw have a useless C64C

Yeah, you should give 'em a go sometime, they're best with two players, but still awesome otherwise.
dessgeega.com/crossroads.html

HP laptop running Windows 8
[spoiler]Is that a problem, Sup Forums?[/spoiler]

Poorfag's C64

I thought the VIC-20 was a poorfag's C64.

It doesn't even say Tandy wtf

Razer gaymen laptop :^}

that doesn't really work when its a predecessor to the C64

Let me restate, poorfags that shopped at fucking Radioshack. I didn't care, I got to play the shit out of Dungeons of Daggorath as a kid.

they fucking used to make things ""beige""

This

I don't remember what it was. We had a 386 laptop that my dad used for work. All I remember about it was that it ran MS-DOS and had a trackball mouse on the back which my dad called the mouse of course. When I first encountered a Macintosh at school I was confused for a minute when the teacher told us to move the mouse to move the cursor because all I saw was a white clicky "mouse" looking thing with a cord. It was a couple minutes before I realized that was what a real mouse looked like and felt really stupid.

300mhz Celeron
Windows 3.1

Fucking thanks for nothing Dad

Same. My mom bought a blue one in 99 and I think she still has the floppy disk reader with different colored covers on it. I'll look for it if I remember later on.

They were sold alongside each other for a while, with Commodore marketing the Vic-20 as like an entry level computer.

Never forget

Apple //c, with lots of educational software I didn't play much and lots of really crappy games that were 10 times better on the Commodore 64.

My high school actually used Compaqs. They weren't actually that bad

I also had access to the Compaq Portable (a.k.a. the suitcase). No hard drive, so everything was installed via 5.25" floppies

Dude those 300MHz Celerons were great. Most of them could overclock to 450 with a big heatsink. Try getting 50% OC on air with modern CPUs. Also they worked in the dual-socket server motherboards so you could run SMP 10 years before Core 2 Duo brought it to the masses.

compaq presario (r3000 i think) was the one i remember bc i still have it

Some 1993 model Gateway
300MHz Pentium CPU
32MB RAM
Soundblaster
CD-ROM
350MB HDD
Windows 3.11

Great family computer. My dad paid $2000 for it.

I can't even remember. But I know that it had 800 MB of hard drive, 8 MB ram.

ZX81. We got the 16k rampack later on.

Correction, dunno where I remembered 300MHz from, the P5 shipped with only 60MHz, everything else looks accurate though

All I remember is that it was a laptop with a red and black display. And we would play that gorillas throwing bananas from skyscrapers game

An old 16:10 thinkpad that I used to play tf2 back when I was 10
it died when I was 15 because screen connector issues
I miss that thing
rip 1650 x 1050

Not a clue. It was a used office special that my uncle brought home from work. All I remember about it was that it ran Windows 95 and had a 512 MB hard drive.

I don't remember what it was, all I remember is that it ran BASIC and that it definitely wasn't a C64 because it felt like there were no games for it.

I dont know the brand. It ran windows 3.1. From what I remember it had very little ram, but we did manage to load rarly webpages on it. It was my first access to the internet in dial up days. Couldnt find dick all til I figured out search engines. I was like 8 or 9

>tfw I used to install games with commands as an 8 year old, now as a grown man Im a windows babby that relies on google for all my solutions.

Commodore Vic-20 sometime in '88

i was looking for this before i posted it. this mkaes me tear up a little.
i had the exact same games, plus i would program the basic games from the programming magazines. had a tape drive to store that shit.

Apple Powerbook G4 that some family friend left me. Sturdy muhfugger, but the titanium case was just unbearable in third-world tropical-tier heat. I gave it to an other friend, and kinda miss it, would be perfect to fuck around with Linux. Also, first internet connection around 14. Good luck guessing my age tho

A "snow globe" iMac. I hated Windows even then. I was especially happy about finally being able to play Warcraft 3 which my family forbid me from installing on the family computer convinced it was a "virus".
the system got racked several times over from my siblings pirating music.

Vic20. :3

quantex qp5 with the pentium mmx. dad got it in 97.

osbourne 486 was the first pc dad brought, played wolf3d together

comfy

IBM T42

C64 with Dos 3.6

didn't really play games all that much just did my home work
the few games i had on it
where
lemmings
Pacman
Ghost busters
Turbo

and just my homework

Now i'm a old man with a kid of my own lol

>tfw I used to install games with commands as an 8 year old, now as a grown man Im a windows babby that relies on google for all my solutions.
t. rich fag.
owning windows 3.1 was expenise as hell had to have been rich to own it.
>300USD for the CD copy

most probaby a orgional IBM machine yeah good luck that what pile of dug.
Basic was a horriable nightmare of a O.S.

And I still know how to code it and it STILL looks like shit.
I still can't understand the appeal of /vintage/ retards stll liking MS BASIC.

I came here to post this.

Got a modem for BBSing and used to get completely assmad when people called it the Trash-80. Which they did often on account of the uppercase posting giving me up.

ti-99/4a

first internet capable one was some mac performa from 1993~94

First one I used: in HS, we had two; don't recall brands. One ran off 8" floppies; the other ran off cassette tapes.

First one I owned: IBM 486-DX, 8 MB RAM, 212 MB HD, don't recall any other specs.

nice, I was I think 5 or 6 when I first got it, was like 2002 I think

Windows 2000

>t. 21 year old
Yeah, I'm quite a youngfag compared to most of this board's users. Some people here are even in their early 40s.

>What was your first computer
>Windows