Tell me what I need to know about France

Tell me what I need to know about France

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/education/2009/jan/16/rwanda-english-genocide
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francophonie#.C3.89volution_du_nombre_de_francophones_en_2015
reuters.com/article/us-france-language-economy-idUSKBN0IP1V220141105
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_European_companies_by_revenue
forbes.com/sites/pascalemmanuelgobry/2014/03/21/want-to-know-the-language-of-the-future-the-data-suggests-it-could-be-french/#309143ed3933
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_banks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Study Algerian history

it's shit

it's great

>be french

Nice language, great food and fucktons of black people.

Best country in the world

why do they wear the mask?

It's a country.

t. Frenchman

no one cared who they were until they put on the mask

i'm in american who just moved to france. been here a month. all of the stereotypes are true:
>don't work
>on strike all the time (it is literally strike season right now)
>whole country shuts down in august because everyone is on vacation
>nothing is open on sundays wtf
>everyone wears striped shirts
>everyone carries around baguettes
>everyone drinks wine
>make super weird facial expressions, mannerisms, and sound effects

but the food is great, quality of life is great (because nobody works and everyone is relaxed), and a lot of history/culture here.

biggest disappointment so far: french girls are just not that hot.

>biggest disappointment so far: french girls are just not that hot.

Surprised

Where are you?

>Paris
>France

Amerilard amerilarding

If you've only been there a month, how do you know everyone goes on vacation in august?

But yes, as someone who used to live in France, the french are pretty lazy.

Suddenly everyone lived in France or lives in France

>on strike all the time (it is literally strike season right now)
Social consciousness l'ami, the government is trying to pass a law which grants big businesses full power over exploitation of the working class.
Be aware that France's youth is full of commies.

I thought the food would be bad but it's actully fantastic

>french girls are just not that hot
this is objectively wrong.

toulouse

I GUESS ANYTHING WOULD BE BETTER THAN FAS-INFLICTED OGRE WOMEN YOU HAVE

What is French food?

delicious

Do they use a lot of garlic? I love that shit

He is right tho

i was hoping for bigger boobs
... probably should've moved to UK or germany instead

French women are known to have big boobs, if that's what you're looking for you should've tried germany/scadinavia/russia

Aren't known*

A once great country that has fallen from grace in the most sad and depressing way possible. And most of the population still live in denial, in the belief that France still is on the same level of international relevance as the UK or Germany.

We're as relevant as UK, tho

Wait, are you the user I talked with on /trv/ who wanted some DUDE ?

they were our first ally

>I thought the food would be bad

Why ? The whole world is saying it's great

So... not that relevant. hehehe, all that fighting we did and look at us now, both pretty shit. kek.

We're the most powerful countries of Europe and 5th and 6th most powerful countries in the world IIRC

Definitely a thing !

>cultıre
nice (but overrated) language
good bread
paris
arrogant people

>history
first christian-muslim ally were france-ottoman
then betrayad us
supported yankees because of their british butthurt
pretends to have "freedom" while theyre fascist-levet anti-democratic about religion (check laicism, we have the same cancer)
colonized niggers, and now niggers colonizing them
pkk can do terrorism propoganda in paris, and they would cry for being attacked by another terrorists

>Laicism
>Cancer

Especially in Muslim countries where it seems having a religious nutjob at the head of a country happens too often

When was the last time the premiere of a French TV-show made international news?
France's economy is smaller. France has fewer large multinational companies. France has less influence over developing nations (even in the "Francophone" part of Africa, where countries are moving away from the French language in favour of English and Arabic), France has fewer important financial institutions, and France absolutely does not have the cultural reach and influence that the UK has.

The U.K mostly is surfing on the american culture wave, without it they would be nothing today, culturally speaking

The UK is certainly benefiting from the fact that the Americans made English the global lingua franca. But they still produce their own media, and it is very different from what the Americans make. Except when they make remakes of British ideas... which does happen.

>Judging country's relevance by their TV shows

k den bye

>pretending like culture doesn't matter for a country's relevance
>also ignoring all the other points I made
Fuck off! :DDDDD

They are not moving away from French, that is just factually untrue .French is growing year after year in every country of the Francophonie, both in terms of sheer numbers and of percentage of speakers in the general population.

As for the rest of your post, I don't even know which premiere you're taking about if you're referencing some show I should be aware of. And France's and UK's economies are so tied it barely makes a difference. As for the impact on the global stage, culturally, financially and so on, it's true that France lags behind. The UK most likely has the advantage as a "more relevant" country, but not by the margin people seem to believe.

Well yeah I stopped at the first sentence it was dumb enough already
I read the rest now tho, but know next to nothing about these things so I don't have any comment

these

theguardian.com/education/2009/jan/16/rwanda-english-genocide

Rwanda was Belgian not French and British newspapers might not be your best bet to inform yourself on anything French related

>Except when they make remakes of British ideas... which does happen.
Please don't remind me.

>they still produce their own media

We do too, but we do everything in French and so it doesn't leave the country

>Africans being THIS mad

Can't handle banters

The Danes manage to make TV-shows that people in the UK and US watch... in Danish. Japanese TV-shows and Korean movies are mainstream entertainment throughout the world. If your stuff isn't leaving the country, it's because it's shit, not because of the language.

Well there's a great show that has been remade by the Americans in a shittier version (Les Revenants)

>Korean movies are mainstream entairtainement troughout the world

Just "no"

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francophonie#.C3.89volution_du_nombre_de_francophones_en_2015
reuters.com/article/us-france-language-economy-idUSKBN0IP1V220141105

And the Ghana for example is promoting French in schools even though its official language is English. French in general is in very good shape in Africa, and it had long been a minority language in Rwanda anyway.

French films are decent, desu. Danish Tv remains great.

And nobody knows about Japanese and Korean shows outside of SEA

I don't want to speak bad.

>Japanese TV-shows and Korean movies are mainstream entertainment throughout the world

If by Japanese tv show you mean anime then yes
Otherwise no, and neither are the Koreans

y'all have shit tastes in movies

Just because you watch some doesn't mean it's mainstream
Sup Forums posters aren't a good example of mainstream

Why do Finns hate us ?

you're both on the fucking security council

Korean movies are incredibly mainstream, though. I think the vast majority of people above the age of 15 have at the very least seen Oldboy. (And probably a bunch of other revenge movies, without really diving any deeper into the interesting world of Korean cinema.)

>Fewer large mutinational compagnies.
Wrong.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_European_companies_by_revenue
>Less influence over developing nations
Wrong.
forbes.com/sites/pascalemmanuelgobry/2014/03/21/want-to-know-the-language-of-the-future-the-data-suggests-it-could-be-french/#309143ed3933
>Fewer important financial institutions
Wrong again.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_banks
>Cultural reach
I don't even know where to start, but basically anything except music.

Just how delusional are you
Seriously, I'm a rather normie guy and have several friends, know quite a lot of people, and the vast majority of them have never heard of oldoy nor watched a Korean movies
Sure they aren't all into good movies anyway, but "incredibly mainstream" is really far too much
You underestimate the huge amount of plebs out there

>oldoy

Oldboy* which I have seen btw

I haven't seen any Danish shows here

I want to live in Caen with a brown haired and green eyed french qt that likes literature

What's your favorite French film

Sure you have.

>it is very different from what the Americans make
That's a myth, they have the exact same character tropes, film grammar, and narrative structures, and they work in the same genres. Even their humor is similar

You've probably seen or heard of a remake without realizing it

He is confusing shows airing at 2am on cable television for something mainstream

Hell, this city is sad af

It always better through a foreigner's eye

When you're from Haiti, maybe, but when you're from America...

That's the dream buddy. We'll get there.

>Even their humor is similar
Is this the infamous American comedy I've heard about.

Teaching English as the secondary main language is much more useful for Rwanda then French.

Maybe, not my problem

Do you live there?

I thought it was so nice when I visited. In a more romantic way.

This is the city I live in for reference. Except I don't actually live in the city proper, I live in the suburban sprawl that is known as the "Greater Richmond Area."

Didn't know that was one
Most likely
Huh

French girls always have nice butts

No, I don't live in Caen

Where do you live?

I like to look at european cities and towns

Tours, Indre et Loire, Région Centre Val de Loire, lad

Sorry m8, time to sleep, see ya

thanks and sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

People who deny similarities in American and British humor are just nationalists hoping to give credence to stereotypes

Language defines humor more than any other cultural trait; all of the anglosphere generally finds the same things funny

There's far more in common between American and British humor than, say, American and Russian or British and German

British humor tends to be funny.

Which city has the best looking French women

I can understand why he likes it, it has charm
As French we know more the area and the pros and cons of the place so even if I like it too I know I wouldn't want to live there, but for an American it has great things (history, lots of preserved architecture, and it's in Normandy which attracts a lot of New Worlders anyway)

London

Montpellier definitely has a lot of really hot women, but a lot of them are the "degenerate" kind, to speak like Sup Forums (a.k.a tatoos, piercings, dyed hair etc)
I personally don't mind but people on this website usually do

I enjoy Monty Python and Black Adder

Cool
What about the best non-party girl type

I really like Mitchel and Webb's work

Hardly anyone over hear find American humour funny desu, all your """comedy"""" movies are completely different, stop denying it British and American humour are very different.

I like streets like this. They are delightful to me.

Where can I find a brown haired and green eyed french girl who likes to read books and will show me all kinds of neat french things while I show her American things and she thinks they're neat and then marries me and we live together in a harmonious marriage for the rest of our lives?

That looks like a decent average street you could find in a lot of French towns tb.h

Tours sucks so much holy shit

I know, I like to look at them on google maps sometimes. The French buildings are what sets it apart. From what I have observed France has more plaster while the UK uses more brick.

It is quaint

delet this

>UK uses more brick
This is true, if you want an honest opinion France is better than the UK for having more nice looking places, we do have some nice places but not as many as France.