linux is shit and doesn't work
macos is gay and a botnet
windows is an indian botnet

akari is autistic and shouldn't ruin liyu's name like this

don't bully her she's nice

Linux doesnt work
OSX only lets you do something if apple approves it first
Windows is botnet

Real men don't need to be told what to think. We take the weakness of anything and make them stronger.

Linux is a steaming pile of shit of use to fucking no one except those who want to get the maximum internet points in desktop threads.

homOS X is you guessed it: extremely gay

Winblows is the most tolerable out of the 3 with windows 7 the most popular and least botnet/ads/forced restarts.

Aren't you too old for these threads?

Obviously, this shit-bag uses temple OS.

Only a complete fucking retard wouldn't be able to get a Linux distribution to work

They are all shit compared to templeOS

Linux is free but takes know-how to setup properly and has less hardware compatibility. Also you can rice it to look however you want. Has package management so keeping track of bloat is trivially easy and managing dependencies is a breeze.

Windows has maximum hardware compatibility, requires no skill to install or operate, and most games are for windows only, but it costs money. No package manager means every piece of software you install has to include its own dependencies, making them take up way more space and require their own installer/uninstaller.

macOS isn't compatible with everything, but anything made by apple will "just work" and almost never fail. It's unix-based so a lot of developers use macOS if they don't want to learn to use linux. You can rice it a little bit, but it looks really nice by default so there's really no need. Has optional package management using Homebrew.

>Only a complete fucking retard wouldn't be able to get a Linux distribution to work
But getting it to do work is a whole 'nother.

>requires no skill to install or operate
Most of the normalfags still can't do shit with Windows except if they are spoonfed. Even the dumbproof installation is challenging for them.
OSX and Linux usually have the most advanced users anyway.

Sup Forums will get really mad if you inform them that they're too retarded for macOS but you're right, anyone who knows anything uses it

PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
80/tcp open http EdgePrism 4.4.3.0 (Limelight Networks Content Delivery Network)
443/tcp open ssl/https EdgePrism/4.4.3.0
1119/tcp open http EdgePrism 4.4.3.0 (Limelight Networks Content Delivery Network)
8000/tcp open http EdgePrism 4.4.3.0 (Limelight Networks Content Delivery Network)

(。>﹏

linux nothing werks but isnt botnet
osx some things werk but is a botnet
windows everything werks but is the worst botnet

>windows
>everything werks

he obv dont know how to use a computer

%triforce

t. havent used windows since vista

None. Install OS/2.

>GNU/Linux
Strengths: Controlled by its users, gratis, runs on more than just x86 and select ARM CPUs
Weaknesses: Worst consumer software and hardware vendor support
>OSX
Strength: de facto standard for graphic design work
Weakness: Controlled by Apple Inc to restrict users to only hardware manufactured/approved of by Apple Inc and to please Apple Inc's surveillance state masters
>Windows
Strengths: Best consumer software and hardware vendor support
Weakness: Controlled by Microsoft Corp to spy on users, advertise Microsoft Corp's software products and services and please their surveillance state masters

>Windows
Pros:
Easy to install and use
Will do all the work for you
Everyone writes software for it
Cons:
Lots of viruses if user isn't careful
Gets slow over time because of bloatware
Absolutely cancer to use for programming
Being spied on

>OS X
Pros:
Easy to install and use
Supports most non-game software
Unix-like
Cons:
Not available on non-applel hardware without hackintosh
Few games
Being spied on

>Linux
Pros:
If configured properly, runs faster and more efficiently than OSX or Windows
Can control/select features built into kernel and modules
Variety - can select DEs and other things that are locked down on other systems
Unix-like
Programming on it is non cancerous
As secure as you make it
Cons:
If you are a computer brainlet it will not work and you will become a Sup Forums windows shill
Not much support for certain hardware
Even fewer games
Attracts pseudo intelligent retards

>Windows lets you do something if Microsoft approves it first
FTFY

>WINDOWS
Pros:
You can play DRM-ridden games and use DRM-ridden Adobe software
Cons:
Shittiest operating system on the market that constantly gets in your way when you're trying to do anything unless you spend hours jumping through hoops to cripple your system and disable critical updates that Windows actually needs

>OSX/MACOS
Pros: Just works. Proper Unix environment.
Cons: People will think you're gay. Have to pay for expensive hardware or spend forever trying to make a broken Hackintosh

>Linux
Pros: Free as in free beer and freedom of speech (most distros), allows for the most customization, proper Unix-like tool-set, can leave it on for months without restarting or crashing
Cons: No one makes games for Linux. Also requires some basic computer knowledge, ability to learn new things, and basic troubleshooting skills. Not for tech normies

/board

(ӦvӦ。)

(*˘︶˘*).。.:*

Linux:
Pros - not resource intensive, runs on nearly anything, comes with pre-installed c and c++ compilers, problems can be easily fixed, heavy customization, your machine is tuned to how you want it
cons - learning curve can be hard, major reliance on CLI, some problems can become infuriating + hard to fix at times, you might seem weird others
Windows:
Pros - works out of the box, has drivers for nearly everything, largest ecosystem for programs, rarely has issues
cons - when there are issues you are fucked, security flaws are common + viruses, shitty tech-support, horrible (in my opinion) visuals
Macos:
Pros - ???
Cons - you look like a fag, fuck illya

Windows is a malware infested manchild gaming platform the spies on you. Everything MS put out after 98SE has been utter garbage. I don't care what anyone here says, Windows XP and Vista are shit, Windows 7 is mediocre, and 8-10 is a bag of aborted fetuses that was dragged 25 kilometers through medical waste and toilet water, set on fire, and stomped out with steel toed boots. Windows is the last thing I'd ever install on any of my computers.

Pros: None

Cons: It's literally malware. "Oh no, something happened! Please call so that an Indian can waste 30-40 minutes of your time just to then tell you to call the hardware manufacturer!"

OS X uses the XNU kernel from Darwin which is rock solid. HFS+ is not as bad as people say and I've been using it for years. Works just as good as EXT3/4 in my experience. Time machine makes backups so easy that a 5 year old could do it. No more dicking around with dd or third party tools, it's just one click and done. You can easily install a CLI package manager called Homebrew and then other standard software like new versions of bash or GCC.

Pros: Runs the CAD software I need for work, doesn't spy on me, allows for easy backups, and it's pretty secure.

Cons: It's tied to Mac hardware. If you want everything to work without nigger rigging shit and hunting for drivers like it's 1995, then you have to buy a Mac. You also need to buy an SSD to run the latest version since it's slow as a snail on HDDs. Keyboard on my Mac is also garbage.

GNU/Linux, specifically Debian, is probably the best choice if you don't need Autodesk software or gayems. Debian isn't quite as easy to set up as Ubuntu but it's a better choice if you value security, privacy, and fine grain system control.

Pros: Super stable. I'm running stretch and I've never had anything break or freeze. It's extremely secure and runs lightning fast on 10 year old hardware.

Cons: Does not play nice with Broadcomm hardware, especially WLAN cards.

Linux: If you know what you're doing
Windows: For everyone else
Mac: For no one

Except for the ethical issues and taste, it doesn't matter what OS you use. You can write and run programs that make use of your computer on any of them.

This user has it right

I promise you guys, applel doesn't spy on you. Just buy it and enjoy it.

but lunix can't run the office and adobe suites and other professional software