What do people in your country think of religion?

What do people in your country think of religion?

>mfw retards say buddhism is not religion

Everyone's atheist by default.

Almost nobody cares except for Christmas, maybe Easter and new year's eve, marriages and funerals.

they don't think, they believe

This image is relevant.

this. Brown people are mudslims though.

Most people don't care. There are some from both camps who take it their mission to "prove" the other wrong, but that includes either or both alcohol and anonymity.

Nobody really cares. I'm an atheist known to have a callous insensitivity to people's religious beliefs (several Muslim students in my poli sci classes hated my guts) and one of my best friends from uni was a devout Protestant who refused to have premarital sex.

What religions in particular are you referring to?

It's a cult.

>Everyone's atheist by default

>No one has any point of view about how the economy should work by default

This is what you sound like

Many find it to be important for personal structure and as a natural defense from being invaded by other religions. It's also seen as a means of maintaining a sort of identity. Others want to move away from it as most of the holy texts are easily disprovable. I'm personally a protestant (Lutheran) who doesn't really believe most of the religion, nor do I adhere too closely to its lifestyle parameters, but I remain one because the people are community-minded, the women are women, and people understand the importance of conservatism and the greater good.

Most people don't. Catholicism and forms of Protestantism that go against the liberal-secular narrative can cause butthurt so that's fun I guess

All my friends is atheists. God in russian slowly duing hehehe. also my respect to sweden.

Most of the country is still Christian but religion never comes up in politics or any public discussion. It's a non-issue.

>sect made to reduce freedom and scientific progress

so is every religon niggAH

We're pretty accepting of most religions but Protestants are mildly bullied. People get triggered when someone says he believes that a deity created the universe though.

>India is shit brown
Can't make this up

Anything other than Catholicism and Atheism is unacceptable.

Fedora shit is frowned upon and rightfully so.

The more tolerant will say that it had some good impacts on our culture and they don't mind religious people. The usual people will say that religion are stupid fairy tales and anyone who believes in them should be sent to the nuthouse.
Unfortunately our prime minister is a catholic manchild therefore we must now celebrate some stupid new christian holidays.

it's less sad to see you become fedora tippers than other countries because you have a history of religious non-comformity anyway, so it's not as much like you're turning your back on your culture. Still though, 40% declared atheist. Wew.

No, you don't speak for anyone.

We're literally drowning in atheism, tolerance and progressiveness here. :^)

Jesus Christ, BC, get it together.

>religion wound up saving progress by copying and saving books in middle ages
>many scientists are also religious, and weren't forced to be either
>scientists today are still numerous
Why are atheists so dumb, bros?

They generally know a little and think they know everything. It's less about not being religious to them, it's more about being right and having religious people be wrong. Otherwise, how would they get their feelings of smug superiority?

>“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”
― Werner Heisenberg