lmgtfy.com/?q=qbittorrent redownloading
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms950428.aspx
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Command-line_shell
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_language_processing
nltk.org/
tldp.org/LDP/GNU-Linux-Tools-Summary/html/index.html
ncix.com/detail/hp-pavilion-13-a040ca-x360-amd-e2-100936.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the best mouse and mouse pad I should get to complement this keyboard?

pic related, not mine but getting something similar

Does removing the oxide layer from the base of the heatsink improve thermal conductivity.

Pic related. You'll probably have to google for a new coupon code.

How's the quality of the mouse pads? Might get a Fargoth mouse pad for the hell of it.

Print quality is a little better than good.
But they do fray at the edges.
Don't know about washing them. Still it's $1 free shipping anywhere.
Will suggest you go with darker colors if you want it to last long. I think the dye would fade rather quickly after the first wash.

Is it possible to delete an active torrent, move the files to another hard drive, and then seed it again with the files completely untouched provided the I use the same .torrent file that I used to download them?

I don't want to be a leech forever but my main PC is a bit slow and running low on space and I recently got an old laptop for free that could see some use.

Oh. One of the ones I got is pic related.
The red dyes used on it are brilliant. Like satin.
Note* you'll need to scale your image if it's small. Gimp was fine for me.

Post pic of the pad

Yes it is. The torrent client will likkeky re-verify themand will keep going

Thanks senpai.

My phone is spud.

thanks. for how cheap it is, i guess i'll buy multiple mouse pads of pic related

Eeeeyup. Just point the client to the file location when it asks where to download. Safest to set it not to start and then manually recheck, since if it doesn't recheck you've done something wrong. A stupid client like qBittorrent may even delete the files.

Is it possible to remove the performance cap from applications running in the background on Windows 10?

How do I setup DownThemAll! to get the fullscale images instead of just the thumbnails on gelbooru?

Anyone know of a lightweight program that simply locates duplicate images in a folder and lets you delete one of them?

where would you go to hire really good assembly programmers/gurus?

How do I remove the adware from Android 5.1 tablet?
Every time I unlock the phone, an ad appears on the screen. Even when I put my phone on a charger, a fucking drumpf ad appears. I tried Malwarebytes Antivirus, Airpush Detector and still nothing helps. I factory reseted my phone 3 times!

what client do you use

universities and talk to the spergy CS kids

>A stupid client like qBittorrent may even delete the files.
This.

uTorrent 2.2.1. It just werks.
Disable updates so you don't get the bloated, ad-ridden 3.x.x. It won't kill you, but 2.2.1 is god-tier.

>calls qbittorrent bad
>offers utorrent as alternative

im LMAOing at ur life

uTorrent can connect
uTorrent doesn't spontaneously delete your files.
uTorrent's response to deleted files isn't to start redownloading them
uTorrent's response to files that don't check isn't to start redownloading, deleting what you had.

uTorrent is lightweight, fast, stable, it works great, and it doesn't do anything stupid.

none of those things have happened to me and I've used qbittorrent for years. stop being shit.

lmgtfy.com/?q=qbittorrent redownloading

How do I make a chat bot in python?

Windows 10 update fucked up my dual boot and now I get a /grub rescue/ error when booting.
I tried googling it but boot-repair on live usb doesn't work fix it for me.
Help please.

I cracked my phone screen and now my screen is black. I can still unlock my phone and receive calls but the display is just gone. Is there any way i can screen cast my android phone to my Desktop without having to install something on my phone.

Will running a disk check detect corrupt files? If not, is there any way to scan for them so I don't find out a file is corrupt two years later when I need it?

How can I download a board from Sup Forums? HTML, images and all? Ychan doesn't seem to work properly.

don't click on the link it's a fucking trojan

wget can do that

I could never figure out a command to do what I wanted, anyone else smarter in the thread maybe have a wee script they could post or something?

my fucking s7 wont charge after being washed under running water and my home button has gotten soft and unresponsive, any help?

you very likely damaged it by doing that.
buy a new one.

So if I keep getting certificates and getting expierence ill find a boy that loves me one day?

Im studying for comptia A+ just to get a decent job than going from there.

clock_t tic = clock();
// do stuff
clock_t toc = clock();
printf("\nElapsed: %f seconds\n", (double)(toc - tic) / CLOCKS_PER_SEC)

this clearly works but how? What operation is (double)(toc - tic) even performing?

Recently installed windows 10. Yesterday I left the PC idle to download RIFT. When I went back The Glyph(download client for RIFT) was closed and program was in taskbar which I couldn't open it. I didn't bother and restarted the PC. Now if I think more it was hacker? Should I be worried?

What was the name of that stripped down Windows XP for embedded/kiosk stuff?

Casting the difference between tic and toc to a double. This is needed so that double division is performed instead of integer division.

exactly as you said.
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms950428.aspx

Is there a way to test a script in a different environment from one's own system without downloading the full system and installing it or running it in a virtualbox? like i'm running it in debian now and i want to see if it will work in freebsd or something.

docker

Sorry, I mean the version that you could download for free from Microsoft. There were some threads about it on Sup Forums a while ago.

Depends what kind of corruption you mean. It'll detect if the metadata's wrong or if it's pointing to something inaccessible, but if the actual data is incorrect, there's nothing it can do since it has no idea what it should be to compare against.

pls

>Does removing the oxide layer from the base of the heatsink improve thermal conductivity.
Not really, it's thin enough to not matter.

More likely is just the download client or windows is buggy.

like, would it be able to detect if a video file is corrupted/won't play?

Brainlet here, why the Linux terminal are so hard to use and understand.

No.

Maybe you're thinking of Windows Embedded POSReady 2009? Not free, not stripped down as far as regular Embedded was, but got security updates longer than mainstream XP did.

Why is proprietary software always so shit?
They never explain how to install it.
They never provide a way to purchase it.
And they are so hellbent on protecting an idea that nobody cares about.
I can understand why someone would keep a software project proprietary if they made money on the software, but when they don't, it is just a to waste peoples time in order to hide how shitty their project is.

>why the Linux terminal are so hard to use and understand
>Brainlet here
Mystery solved

can it be fixed?

Makes sense but I think I just don't get the notation.

unlikely

What do you mean by "Linux terminal", bash?
If you don't like bash, you can use a different shell, see wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Command-line_shell

Start by researching Natural Language Processing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_language_processing

Either that or import a Natural Language Processing library. This is python afterall
nltk.org/

ancient mentality treating software same as goods people have been exchanging for millennia

Ah thank you, that's what I meant.

If you search for POSReady in the archives you'll find download links to the trial image and serial keys to make it fully "free".

>Why is proprietary software always so shit?
Open sourced code can be improved by anyone, proprietary can't.

Anybody?

Anyone using Jitsi.org with ostel.co?
How is call quality?

I have 500 dollars.
I want to get a new pc but i might as well use this chnce to learn how to build one

I just want to install linux on it and practice stuff for expierence.

What are some recommended options as far as mobo and everything??

What is the typical lifespan of a laptop's motherboard and chipset? My laptop is about 5 years old now but it's an i7 cpu so it still olds up very well for what I do. I've replaced the HDD's and battery and the thing still runs like new. Would it be reasonable to expect another 5 years out of it? Would the actual processor and whatnot be good in 10 years time?

Standard cheap build is G4560 + whatever cheapo B250 motherboard, 8GB RAM, ~240GB SSD, if you're not gaming no need for a video card, any 430+W decent quality PSU is fine.

Lifespan until not dead, another 10+ years is possible. Lifespan until no longer useful, depends how much improvements we get in hardware. 10 years is unlikely, the oldest machines I'd consider still relevant today are ~2011 models.

So, for basic bitch shit like a 10/100 cable with no POE, pins 4,5,7 and 8 don't matter for shit other than grounding?
Been nearly a decade since I last saw this shit, my memory is gone.

Correct. You'd sometimes see the spare pairs used to carry a phone line or two, or non standard PoE

i got a Netgear router with one LAN in and four LAN outs

so if i plug a LAN cable into the "in" this shit should work right?

If you want to play video games you might prefer an NVIDIA GPU for performances, an AMD GPU if you want to use open source drivers since NVIDIA is shit when it comes to open source

This is quite cheeky. Now I'm wondering all the ways I could play with this.
Using it to carry two ethernet connections just seems silly, you'd get so much interference I wonder if it'd even be functional, it'd be much better to just use a gigabit cable with VLANs, but I'm sure one day I'll have some reason to pump two separate networks through one cable and this shit'l save the day.
Would be nice for something where each "Cable" is only sending intermittently.

what the fuck are you talking about?

My last house was built in 2002, it had cat5 run for phone in most rooms, was able to split and do phones and network, was pretty nice!

I've done it at work a few times too, sometimes phone, sometimes like a printer and PC (not really worth screwing with switches/vlans etc) it can be a bit tricky to terminate but works very well.

I think the main problem with proprietary software is that you're forced to accept the pov of the editor/dev/company and if they take bad decisons or waste time on a shitty feature no one cares about, you can't do anything, there are no discussions possible.

By the magic of twisted pair with different twist rates per pair there's actually not much interference, so long as the distance is kept reasonable two 100BaseT links over a single Cat5 apparently works fine.

tldp.org/LDP/GNU-Linux-Tools-Summary/html/index.html
You should read the guide about the filesystem hierarchy

Download ad away , but root it first

I guess.
I am just frustrated with a specific project.
They made a linux version of a game, but the linux version doesn't work and there is no explanations on how to get it to work.
I can run the windows version in wine, but the graphics break if I move the window to the correct display.

i have a netgear router

it only has these ports:

>LAN out
>LAN out
>LAN out
>LAN out
>LAN in
>power

i plugged a LAN that has internet into the LAN in port. Shit doest work. Am i doing it wrong?

>i have a netgear router
netgear is not the key word here. Is it wireless or just cabled?
>i plugged a LAN that has internet into the LAN in port.
Good for you.
>Shit doest work.
How should it work?
How are you connecting to it?
>Am i doing it wrong?
Yes. You are not explaining what you are trying to do and what the error seems to be.

Have you connected to the router with a cable?

Have you tried to run it from the cli and see if there's an error message ? (Or asking on the game forum ?)

No error when I run the linux version from a terminal (there used to be, but I fixed those), I just get a popup with an error which is explained in the forums as I am missing the "original game data"
From their explanation, I am supposed to install the game (windows thing, I used wine), then install a patch (also windows thing, used wine again), then install a patch that should be the linux version, I assumed should be in the same directory as the windows install, but since there is no information, I am just fumbling in the dark with this.

Considering getting a laptop with Intel Core i5-3340M and Nvidia NVS 5200M for regular use on Linux / Windows.

Will the Nvidia card bring any extra benefits to light gaming use? Talking about Oblivion level graphics.

Are the Nvidia proprietary drivers for Linux any good?

>Are the Nvidia proprietary drivers for Linux any good?
Yes

i need a laptop that can do these things

- carry around
- has like 6 hours battery life
- can do some video editing
- can connect to a monitor and project at a decent resolution with an hdmi cable
- is no larger than 15inches

i know that these are very common things that any laptop can do and that this is indeed a very stupid question but my current laptop actually can't do these things and i am sad.

Hello, I'm quite new to this board and to Sup Forums in general. I wonder if someone could help me out a bit.

I'm in the process of overwriting free space from my HDD with CCleaner so that i can sell my laptop without people recovering my information.

I had a notification telling me that I'm running out of space, is this supposed to happen? I mean, i just really want to wipe the information about any old activity, not fill the drive so it becomes unusable.

As i said, I'm new to be gentle.

Format the hard drive from a linux Live CD and reinstall windows

>Hello, I'm quite new to this board and to Sup Forums in general.
Excuse me? "This board" is Sup Forums. Do you mean to say this web site? Then I'll let you know that exposing yourself as a new user is the surest way to be quickly and mercilessly abused. This thread is for stupid questions anyway.

There is no stupid questions, only stupid people. And maybe by answering their questions they'll stop being retarded

I agree, nice to see such a sentiment.

Ok guys I really need help with
>pic related

I'm new to programming and I'm trying to learn Entity Component Systems for my game. I've come across these bitwise operators in this tutorial and I understand what its supposed to do, I'm just not understanding how its figuring out which component it is.

>each bit is reserved for a component type. For our example lets assume a 4 bit type instead of a 64 bit long

In this is it ok to assume that there are 16 different possible combinations? Or is it just only 4 types of components?

>our example entity would have all available components. So it's key would be 1111.

How would this be ALL available components? If I'm assuming its 16 different combinations wouldn't this be just one type of component?

>It can check an entity with a simple AND operation. So our entity matches if ((1111 & 1100) == 1100).

Again with the before if I do this (and sorry I don't know how to post code snippets) :

if((1000 & 1100 & 1110 & 0001) == 1111)

Wouldn't that be correct? So if this IS the correct way of obtaining the components, wouldn't it be easier just to check for the name of components instead of constantly adding more bits until you finish the game?

does this look like a decent laptop for the price?

ncix.com/detail/hp-pavilion-13-a040ca-x360-amd-e2-100936.htm

>using a program to fill your drive
>wonder why you get an out of space notification
Just sit down and think about it for a second

Are there any eReaders that respects the users freedom? Heard kobo isn't respectful as people say they are according to their private policy.

>i know that these are very common things that any laptop can do
most of them are memes

>carry
stop being a pussy
>6h battery life
nobody here needs 6h battery life
>video editing
anything can do light video editing. stop doing heavy editing/rendering/conversion on a fucking laptop jesus christ.
>high res on HDMI
literally anything can do that in $__CURRENT_YEAR
>muh

DupeGuru for Windows

>or live usb wont fix it
of couse it won't fix it, you have to fix it yourself.

1. download supergrub2
2. write the supergrub2 iso on a flash drive (simple dd or win32diskimager method)
3. boot from the USB, let supergrub2 discover your gahnoo+loonix installation
4. boot up your distro, repair grub from withing:
grub-install /dev/sda
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

-replace /dev/sda with your real device name if you boot disk is not sda
-debian-based distro users can just use update-grub2 rather than the mkconfig line

5. reboot, grub should work