What's the best value mobile music player that I can buy...

What's the best value mobile music player that I can buy? My iPhone is in a waterproof case that has a really annoying 3 inch adaptor that needs to be used in order to connect a standard aux cable.

Specifications: Interface with iTunes (preferable), at least 30 GB (less, if that is unreasonable) of storage space, easy access aux port, small profile (I will be keeping this in my lab coat, unless in use or charging). Compatibility with Mac is beneficial.

Other urls found in this thread:

rockbox.org/wiki/AgptekRocker
hardwarebug.org/2010/03/03/ogg-objections/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your phone with bluetooth headphones.

Congrats, you win the award for most worthless post of 2017

>iTunes
>Mac
Just get an iPod

I think you're confusing me with the OP who is stuck in 2007.

Bluetooth audio battery life has much to be desired.

There's no such thing as "bluetooth battery life" the same way there's no such thing as "laptop battery life" or "smartphone battery life." It depends on what you buy, dumbass.

Xduoo x3 with Rockbox. Will need microsd; has room for 2.

I use a Walkman A25 (Gravity Daze Edition).

I use it everyday, an charge it every other week.

It has activ noise canceling, 32gb onbosrd, but expandable w/ microSD, and it supports all file formats.

Their new A30 series is supposed to be even better.

A30 user, definitely a good enough improvement to justify it

How well does it handle video and pictures?

I had an old walkman Z that got stolen, and it was a full android device and fucking rocked. It got me through dozens of international flights loaded up with TV shows.

I love my a20, but can't see myself upgrading unless it can handle video and pictures too.

>It depends on what you buy, dumbass.

>You can buy bluetooth headphones that don't have a battery
>Regular headphones have a battery life

Just use bluetooth you fucking moron, what are you gonna buy an entirely seperate device just to do something your iphone already fucking does you fucking moron? Buy a bluetooth receiver with a 3.5mm jack and plug your aux cord into it. you fucking moron.

every day. EVERY FUCKING DAY. I COME HERE, AND MORONS LIKE YOU MAKE STUPID ASS FUCKING CHOICES WHEN IT COMES TO TECH, NONE OF YOU KNOW FUCKING ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU. DID YOUR MOMMY DROP YOUR ON YOUR WIDDLE FUCKING HEAD WHEN YOU WERE FUCKING YOUNG YOU FUCKING STUPID RETARD

If you want Android there's the ZX1 and ZX2
Also the older F series

I would so one of these if they had OGG support and a brighter sound.

Unfortunately no pictures or videos. It runs Sony's own OS, which is pretty intuitive when you get used to it

>You can buy portable media players that don't have a battery
>Regular media players have a battery life

>2017
>using OGG and not Opus

>moving the goal posts this poorly

None of my shit does Opus
So whatever, can't be bothered.

Sorry iPhone fag. Just convert everything from FLAC to AAC then.

>implying
My DAP doesn't do it, my phone can't do audio altogether.
I'll wait another decade, nothing wrong with ogg now.

Jesus, if you're OP, you really are living in the past. Using this logic why aren't you using MP3?

>nothing wrong with ogg

Some people honestly believe this...

They are like two grand.

The F still runs $200, but amazon has a used Z for $90. I might pick it up.

Damn, even the a20 does pictures. I figure the a30 would have at least like .mp4 support.

Because it's shit compared to ogg.
My OGG encodes are way smaller.
then what is it fag.
Inaudible improvements isn't a reason.

>Because it's shit compared to ogg.
My OGG encodes are way smaller.

You just explained why myself and others use Opus. Which is the entire point I was making that apparently you couldn't understand despite it being painfully obvious. Fucking luddite stuck in their ways. What is about with this board and not being able to process new information?

Clean out your fucking ears and buy a decent set of head phones.

buy an $40 Agptek Rocker and wait till Rockbox comes available
rockbox.org/wiki/AgptekRocker

Fuck off I said I can't use Opus
You too lad

agptek won't provide kernel source, the port is also hitting weird bugs. They only use rockbox to advertise then provide no support whatsoever to the developers.

>Interface with iTunes
Literally you are asking for an Ipod
>at least 30 GB of storage
The basic Ipod have 2GB of storage for 40 bucks

Choose one

>is called out on knowing nothing about audio codecs
>y-you too...

This is a real human being people.

Actually you said:
>I'll wait another decade, nothing wrong with ogg now.

Then completely refused to understand that following the same logic that leads you to consider OGG better than MP3 that Opus is better than OGG. Try again. Over the years I've definitely realized this isn't much of a modern technology board outside of the consumer tech threads. Sad, really, but I guess the poors need somewhere to post.

Yeah whatever keep meming your codec. See how many people you'll rope in with your perpetually experimental softwares.

Had you been able to read you'll see I have never denied that opus is better.
It's just I can't use it.

I never even suggested a codec, I was just pointing out that ogg is shit. Using any other serious codec would be better.

Well then what should I use

You also can't use OGG so why did you want to use OGG instead of Opus when both are equally unavailable?

To recap you said:
>I would so one of these if they had OGG support and a brighter sound.

I've given you some chances. Might as well give up.

hardwarebug.org/2010/03/03/ogg-objections/

RTFM

No my current player does OGG but not Opus.
The walkman players support neither.

>calls Ogg a codec
>it's a container, stupid
>you can put most anything inside it
>audio, video, different formats, etc
>stop while you're behind
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

I provided all the proof you need that ogg is shit. RTFM you lazy mouth breather.

>provides some idiotic blog post as "proof" that a container is terrible
>been using Ogg container format content for a decade now, not a single issue encountered ever
>bitch moan whine some more, son

Your phone, dipshit, it's 2017

And what do you think your portable audio player is powered by? Solar power?

This.

The latest iPod nano is REALLY nice. It's the only apple product i own/use. It's incredibly light, feels durable, and has wonderful battery life.

The only downside to it is that it might be too small, and it could be awkward to hold while you run or something.

My phone works just fine ;)

If there's such a thing as a normie autist, i think this is it.

OP, I am really not the one to recommend apple hardware, however the ipod 3gs has certainly changed my mind. It has 32 gb, works with itunes, 32 gb and if you happen to need any more apps or so, you can simply jailbreak it and thats it.

+1 for Bluetooth headphones with your phone.

Bluetooth technology has come quite a way, and the sound quality & battery life is exceptional. Plus, if you ever want to stream music over Spotify, Pandora, or even just Youtube, unless you want an iPod Touch or something like that. In that case you might as well just use your iPhone.

Is it worth spending >$100 on something your phone can already do?

I'd have suggested a ruizu x02 but it looks like you're a massive faggot libshit.

> Active noise canceling on a media player

If the phone is inside a waterproof case for retarded children I'm going to guess bluetooth signal will be shit and it will constantly cut off
This guy is so far down the applefag hole that he's asking Sup Forums to recommend him an iPod

FiiO X3

does it have physical buttons
interfacing with a touchscreen on a pmp is stupidity

Currently in the middle of putting together a modified ipod video 5g:

3000mAh battery
256gb msata
rockbox
good Wolfson hardware already present

Running into some trouble getting the msata+adapter to flash stock firmware without bootlooping when connected via USB power source but haven't had time to do in depth troubleshooting

The /csg/ approved RUIZU X02

Have around 8GB and a MicroSD card slot, found for around 15$ on different chink sites. Latest APGtek software can be flashed on it.

any recent player with good rockbox support? my clip zip is hanging on for now, but I'm worried about it's longevity.

I have never seen anyone else listen to kill bill in my life what the fuck

If you aren't a gross poorfag who hates his music, then buy one of these

astell and Kern is the only way to good you care about the quality, and fidelity of the music you listen to, and is the only way to achieve the purest sound possible

Sony doesn't compete in the slightest, neither does your shit phone

Or any gross chunk product

This is the truest, purest way to not only listen, but CARE about your music

This, get a Classic or Mini and upgrade the storage

No and never will be

seems it does.

must be tough to know your father isn't actually your father. Finding out your mom is just a regular whore is affecting you, why don't you take a break until you meet Jamal and talk things through. Finding out about your true origins might help you heal.

Get a iPod Classic 5th gen and upgrade it to a ssd. Don't get the overpriced meme 6th gen classic.

Yeah, was looking too.
For me, the perfect pmp is a small size one where I can jump through music without pulling it out of a pocket. I don't care too much for the pricepoint, size or screen but it's a good device in a market that has pretty much been abandoned.

what msata adapter do you recommend? I've been having problems with the chink one I bought. Bootloops when connected to the USB cable. Can't reflash stock OS or Rockbox via cable because of this. Otherwise works on battery.

this, insane battery life

PHONE IS $800 WITH ALL MY INFO ON IT. GO MOUNTAIN BIKING OVER A CREEK. HIT A HUGE DITCH, PHONE FLYS OUT OF MY POCKET INTO CREEK. BYE BYE $800 AND ALL MY DATA. Phones aren't perfect for "Just music." Get a Sansa Clip+ for $40 (back in the day). Clone as many copies as I feel like, have music in my car, my truck, a JamBox in the bathroom - and they JUST WORK with no operating system BS. Oh, and Bluetooth sounds like shit, f'real - you do know it compresses your audio and only has a 50 - 12,000 Hz bandwidth, right? Your spazzy cellphone idea isn't the only one out there, Tard.

i have a sony A15. 16 gb internal+124 gb microsd memory, good battery, flac support, and the (non mandatory) botnet software looks just like itunes.

Why not?

Tip Tip M'lady