COLOMBIA STRONK

Colombia should have stayed as it was or even bigger with Peru and Bolivia annexed

>prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virreinato_del_Perú
barrapunto.com/journal.pl?op=display&id=20071&uid=12751
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When you assemble several little shits, it makes a bigger pile but it's still shit.

We can barely hold together the land we have. There's no way we could have governed more.

Having mountains is a bitch.

>prove me wrong

Impossible to prove you wrong m8, it's true.

> even bigger with Peru and Bolivia annexed

Sorry, but Peru and Bolivia are others cultures and people, you're very different with them t.b.h

There's something called federation

Pic related

maybe you should join

True. A federation would have made the country more governable. But I think in the end the country would have fractured the same as a federation.

well "la guerra de los mil días" and the constant civil wars would probably have done that and it actually did, look at my country

They speak the same language, I don't know what's the difference between a South American country from another.

What are Latino-Hispanic cultures ?

Think about each latino country as a canadian province. Each has its own culture even though they share the same language (except quebec and the aboriginal territories).

Parts of northern Peru, the nicaraguan and costa rican coast were also part of Gran Colombia. This definitely would've been a great country senpai

wasnt panama literary invented by yanquis because colombians wouldnt give clay for the canal?

yes, but this is one of the reasons, its not just only that reason

Personnaly, I would leave Peru and Bolivia out of the union.

Lel no, we have language in common and some sense of brotherhood. But there are different cultures, Caribbean, Andean. Southern Cone + Paraguay + South Br are pretty different from North-Center LatAm.

> implying these countries are shit

lmao. Any personal experiences in these countries you wanna share?

thats a big country

>Caribbean, Andean. Southern Cone + Paraguay + South Br
You can make a summary about these cultures ?

Arrogancia y fuerza

jajajajaja buena Spain-sama

what did you expect

>colombia
>lost Panama
just a shitty, pathetic, helpless "nation" fucked by murrican afro-niggers

Spain?

Arrogancia y Fuerza = Picardia

Also, no spicy food, really strong ties to southern europe culture (native CULTURAL influence was really really small outside Paraguay, and mate is the only "native" food that got popular), more humanist and less religion centered cultures, big influence of non-spanish migration. Social position in more important than Money so education is more important than working.

I have a lot of respect to Rusia they live between a lot of other cultures

What would be the situation in Venezuela today if they were still part of Gran col?

Yo a la derecha

its kinda hard to tell, but i think it would be a LOT better

No spicy food here either m8.

you, Panama, live, while the Man in the White house wants you to live.
pathetic...
no fleet... no army... no aviation

those are the mexicans

But you have weird corn based food. Also that.

Wheat is more important in the southern cone.

ikr, that's why i hate USA and have a lot of respect to Russia, they were the closest ones to beat that imperialist scum

by why are all of you fucked by murrikan afro-niggers?
are you so weak? can't you defend yourself?
you pay taxes to support murrikan transit through Panama-channel lol

like arepas, but i love them ewe

seems legit

this afaik (don't know much about the North part)
Venezuela, Caribbean + Andean
Colombia, similar but more Andean
Ecuador, kinda similar
Perú, Andean, but the coastal is different
Bolivia: Andean, but the east have similarities with Paraguay and N. Arg
Chile, Southern cone, some similarities with Perú in the North, the "core culture" it's the Central Valley.
Argentina. The core culture it's from the center-east (pampean, with gauchos and stuff), Same for Uruguay and south Br. But we have some things in common with Chile and not with the rest. The NW it's a mix of this and andean.
Paraguay, their own thing, with stuff in common with Br and Arg.
Pic related an accents map , but describes Arg pretty well, "rioplatense-patagonia" part has more than the 80% of population.

1 kilo of corn flour is like $6 here. But Carritos of Arepas are starting to get popular anyway, they are considered "exotic" food.

I've seen that map before.

You're somewhat right. We eat arepas (white corn based), but also a lor of wheat bread (from wheat).

I'd say bread is more common than arepas, sadly :(

wtf even a kid knows how to do them, its as hard as making spaghetti

maybe they are those venezuelan inmigrants that are scaping from maduro and the ghost of chavez

i see that a lot here

Also the southern cone use words from Peru, like Palta

I think overall this reflects the closer "groups". Former gran colombia, brazil, peru-bolivia, platinean nations, and us. We kinda share influences with both Andean and Platinean ones but still keep to our own so no one predominates. Specially since we have neither as much native influence as andean nor european influence as platinean. South brazil is of course heavily platinean influenced and paraguay is platinean+native stuff.

Right. I've seen lots of venezuelan arepas lately over here. They stuff them with avocado and chicken, we eat them plain with butter and salt and maybe beans and pork on the side.

Looks like Peru was pretty influential for Arg and Chile during the colony, we have lots of quechua words like choclo and others without having Quechuas living here.

yeah! I have a venezuelan uncle she makes it with frijoles and queso! delicious

God-tier. What's the national dish in panama?

Same here. In fact we have way more quechua words than words from the local natives. I don't mind quechua sounds funny.

Give us some examples. I've heard polola and cachai. Are those quechua?

sancocho, it is a type of soup

>Southern Cone + Paraguay

srly m8?

We have that too. Fucking delicious.

I have never met a guy from paraguay in real life

To be fair, he also put south brazil separately

No.

Cancha, choclo, chamullo...

those are quechua

Cachai es un agnlicismo de "catch it" con conjugación chilena de "cachas", polola no tengo idea

Cachai is loan from english "to catch".
The mapuches had a name for the flies "piulliu", spaniards thought it was the word for any bug flying around and name Pic related "pololo". Pololear was like "messing around" in a informal way with a girl. So while the word does have a past related to natives, it wasnt really a native word.

WHAT i feel like i dont have an independent culture now

Peru was the grand daddy of us all back in the colony, thats why they didn't want freedom from spain

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virreinato_del_Perú

Most times Southern Cone it's used for Chile, Argentina and Uruguay for being the southern tip of the continent, sometimes people include Paraguay and even South Brasil for cultural similarities, dunno what's the right use if exists one desu

We also have mestizaje maligno like you so not much difference between our people

>Leaving us alone

Well fuck you too.

Paraguay is some cultural clusterfuck, brazilian influence is very strong but so is argentinian and native.

It's pretty unique actually.

I think there are some islands in the caribbean that eat it too. It's also common in venezuela and maybe in peru, but I'm not completely sure.

Being huge and speaking a different language makes you kinda different

J-Just wanna be friends...

This. I want to join with the Brazilians qts desu

I always thought paraguay was more andean along with Ecuador

oh nice

Truly our greatest ally.

Andean (as in Peru and Bolivia) tends towards quechua and aymara influence, while Paraguay is guarani and as far as I know they speak kinda similar to rioplatense. Ecuador was part of Gran Colombia but of course it borders Peru.

I really doubt we are similar tbqh

Paco it's also quechua
Flaite it's also from the english.
But yeah, very few local words are TRULY from local indeans.
Isn't trucho from Argentina?

>Andean
>Doesn't even reach the Andes

imagine a federation between all latinoamerica

Cahuin comes to mind, and placenames of course.

Someone here dabbled in pre-Hispanic languages? Had no luck with los MexicANOS.
Seria magnifico si alguien puede. Vamos, no seais timidos, hermANOS...

pls god no

Great Colombia was Bolivar's caprice and nothing else. It only existed to please his megalomaniac personality. After his death, the 3 territories returned to be separate entities, as they always were.

>Isn't trucho from Argentina?
apparently, and pretty recent
barrapunto.com/journal.pl?op=display&id=20071&uid=12751
You guys also borrowed "mina" for chick
some provinces here use "huevon" dunno if they take it from Chile

What about the viceroyalty of New granada and the viceroyalty of the rio de la Plata?

In Chile they use mina as well?

I thought that was lunfardo 100%

I liek ParaGuay. Do you liek Paraguai?

Yep, and a lot.

Yeah! cahuin!, but that's like the more important word, the name of places isnt really that important, a lot of placed were RENAMED after independence, to use "native names" as a sign of independence, it's the same reason many ships had indian names.

Places named after Saints got new names. I actually don't mind, since you can't have 20 cities named "san jose".

It its pure lunfardo actually the word came from some lombard dialect.

Paraguay doesn't have any andean influence, the more culturally similar to Argentinians and Brazilians. Some of them are bilingual in either spanish-guarani or spanish-portuguese

You don't need any "Cones". Paraguay and Croatia. Now that needs to happen

Croaguay

Yup, La Gran Colombia didnt work because it was such a big territory for it to have a stable government at the time plus the internal struggles between Simon Bolivar and his disloyal officers, plus the more stupid struggles to come, does anyone see a chance for our countries to unite again?

I don't think so. Nationalism is very strong in Venezuela, Ecuador and Panama to even consider rejoining us.

It'd be to be done Putin style, by invading them and going to war or some shit, but that'd be counterproductive and futile.

Do you guys have a fuckton of places with -co and -hue like here? the other common mapuche stuff that comes to mind now are "mahuida" "-leufú" "-lafquen" and "huapi"

We (chilean countryside here) call cuyanos "weones".

Suckers need not apply. Get Panama back and we are good to go.
Venezuela will remain a clusterfuck for decades. If there is anything worse than illegal refugees those are legal refugees.
Ecuador is just... You know, Ecuador. We can be friends, yeah, but not a single nation.

Holy shit it will be glorious af

Cuyanos sound alien as fuck for a Patagonian like me for some reason, close to chilean but something different, and we're used to hear chileans.

Yes, all in the south.

The reason the southern cone doesnt exist is that Peru and Spain didnt wanted a bi-oceanic country in the southern cone. We actually tried before independence.