Thinking about getting a Google Pixel. Why shouldn't I?

Thinking about getting a Google Pixel. Why shouldn't I?

Is this basically Botnet: The Phone?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All smartphones are botnet: the phone

>scared of a little botnet
Who are you hiding from?

The man

Get a Refurbished iPhone 7 from Walmart.com

Don't be a faggot and don't feed Jewgle and Gaydroid.

>kikePhone

not waterproof

Apple makes money from hardware, not software. So they don't have the incentive to collect data like (((Google))).

(((Google))) makes money from your information, that is their biggest source of income.

Apple makes it hard for the government to crack iOS and they keep adding new security features with new iOS updates and hardware refreshes. APFS, which replaces HFS+, reaffirms that Apple actually gives a shit about privacy.

Go read some of their white papers on security you fucking degenerate.

Apparently it has the best camera out there, but i think i'll stick with the Galaxy S7 desu

Before, a phone was either expensive (iPhone) or a botnet phone (Nexus). Jewgle found out that they can sell your data AND charge a lot of money!

I want you take a moment and ask yourself, is this botnet shit really going to have any effect on your day to day life?

Sup Forums needs to get over this. It would litterally make no difference in my day to day activities, whether or not my software is a botnet.

Bump

I have a Pixel.

And I like it except it looks like iPhone

> Believing big corporation that they have your interests in mind
Holy fucking shit what herb are you on?

Get a Pixel and flash LineageOS and Franco kernel and Xposed.

>Apple makes it hard for the government to crack iOS

Do you really believe this?
The FBI still cracked those Muslim's phones so...

Stay slept

any US company will pass your information on at the drop of a hat, haven't you read the news in the past few years?

Best android experience you can get.

If bezels are you fetish might as well get the Xperia XZ

Might as well get a real iphone

>Apple makes money from hardware, not software. So they don't have the incentive to collect data like (((Google))).
Corporations exist to maximize profit. Why would they not sell data to increase their profit if they could? Do you think the board members think "Oh we've made enough money, we should just stop making money now."

Can't you just load a custom rom and not install gapps to (mostly) debotnet it?

Pixel XL is God tier

Pixel is decent, screen is disappointing though. 1440p would've been much better. you can easily tell the difference between 1080 and 1440 even at 5"

>A company that exclusively runs processors named after the word for spying doesn't spy.
Hmm. Okay.

Overrated as hell and over priced as hell (not that I paid full price for it or anything)

I'd just wait a few months for the Pixel 2, which is surely going to go all screen like the S8

the pixel 2 will follow the s8, g6 design trend

these

Just get the s8, Pixel is shit.

Because it's no longer supported by google.

support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705

You from future

It's no more a botnet than any other android phone as they all have the same Google apps (excluding chink phones)

Your taste is shit nigger. Pixel has the smoothest Android experience you can get . Flash a custom rom to remove any gapps you don't want. Done.

Can it run sailfish?

Google support is shit for everything if the only alternative wasn't Apple I would be all over that shit.

wait for the next iteration

What's wrong with your current phone? Give me a real answer.

They hired a 3rd party company (Celebrite) to get into an iPhone 5C. if you knew anything about iPhone security capabilities, which you clearly don't, you would know that the iPhone 5C does not contain a secure element chip, which keeps all keystores securely stored away from the rest of the hardware. What the FIBs were able to do was basically clone the NAND of the device repeatedly, granting them unlimited passcode unlock attempts (they had now way to know if it was set to lock out/erase data after 10 attempts, and they couldn't risk that). If the device had a secure enclave (iPhone 5S and up), this attack would not have been possible because the unlock/decrypt keys are stores in the secure enclave and not the regular NAND of the device.

Just get an OP3T or wait 2 months for the OP5.