Why the fuck does Google keep doing this shit? People want their phones to get updates...

Why the fuck does Google keep doing this shit? People want their phones to get updates. The primary reason people bought phones like the Nexus is because it meant they wouldn't be at the updating whims of a separate manufacturer who might just decide NOT to update the OS anymore, and now Google's doing the same thing.

It's like they have zero understanding of the people who buy their phones now. They used to have, bar none, the best mid-range phones in the market. Now they're overpriced, have zero expandable storage, and are going to start following the early-deprecation schedule of almost every other phone manufacturer.

Other urls found in this thread:

copperhead.co/blog/2016/02/08/beta
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my friend said he wanted to buy one because "it looks cool"
the average consumer is retarded and wont care about updates

The Apple iPhone doesn't have this problem.

they want you to buy their newest product like a good goy

There's not much worth in updates.

because selling new hardware every quarter is more important than supporting their shit software

Same reason why MS is in a hurry to kill off Win7/8 and move everyone to a rolling-release W10. They view long-term support as a cost center. They've already made all the money they'll make from it, so the longer they keep patching it, the more money they're spending on something that's not bringing in any revenue.

>they want you to buy their newest product like a good goy
is another way of saying the same thing.

Even though the iPhone has the same problems of being overpriced and not having expandable storage, I honestly applaud them for keeping their phones updated without tying it to a separate manufacturer or cellular company. Isn't the iPhone 5 still getting updates? Google needs to get its shit together.

Android updates are literally fucking nothing you dumb normie. Root, custom rom and forget about software until you replace it.

It literally does, because iOS updates kill speed on older hardware

Uptades are the default deprecation technique, you imbecile. Keep on updating your phone like a stupid motherfucker. Then open a thread about how piece of a shit your phone have become.

>Hurr durr iPhone 5 still getting updates
Try using an iPhone 5 with iOS 10

Unlike Google, Apple gives a shit about security and makes sure as many phones as possible receive security updates. What did you expect from a company that makes its money from tracking you for advertisements?

Maybe if you don't give a fuck about security.

>Rooting
You shouldn't do this.

>Custom rom
Code quality is shit, unless it's Copperhead, which is only for Nexus devices.

>my friend said he wanted to buy one because "it looks cool"
>the average consumer is retarded and wont care about updates
I can't believe this is the kind of shitter that Google caters to now with Android.
>Look, now you get a Siri clone!
>How about this cool fingerprint scanner on the back?
>"how about letting me use my phone for more than a year"
>1 year? why would you need 6 months? Just upgrade in 3 months like everyone else!

Apple wins yet again!

Until Android get a good security bitch slapping like Microsoft did don't expect and end to their shit update practices.

anyone buying android devices in 2017 deserves to be shafted

I'm a poorfrog who can't afford an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus, so the Moto G5 Plus is the more accessible option.

just like newer software run slower on older machines huh?

Tell that to the Linux kernel.

Shitnux fagger

Why the fuck would you fags even want to still be using the pixel in 2019?

Stop being poor and at least aspire to be able to get yourself a decent phone once every 2 years

>You shouldn't do this.
>You should not have root access to a device you own.
Really, dude? If I own a system I _should_ have root access by default, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get root access to begin with.

>Code quality is shit, unless it's Copperhead, which is only for Nexus devices.
Cyanogenmod/LineageOS beg to differ and are available on a larger array of devices, including tablets.

Hm...
Why would Google stop updating...
It's such mystery...
How could Google benefit from it...
Hmmmmmm....
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
I really do not know....
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

The problem is that all your apps have root access.

About Cyanogen code quality, read this: copperhead.co/blog/2016/02/08/beta

>CyanogenMod
>Into the trash it goes

>aspire to be able to throw things out every two years and pay to buy new ones
>even if the old things are fine and its just the manufacturer pushing you into a planned-obsolesence treadmill

What's the matter, user? Too POOR to buy the new Goygle Pixel XL phone?

Ishit literally becomes unusable trash after 2 years of """"""""""""updates"""""""""".

>The problem is that all your apps have root access.

No they don't, you have to whitelist them