Is Windows 10 still a meme?

Is Windows 10 still a meme?

Or is it OK to use it now?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-specifications
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're itching for something new, install VirtualBox and try out Linux or something.

yea,i would not worry about the spyware myth,just a bad rumor made by linux fans,even if their were spyware,who cares?just dont do illiegal stuff.

It will never not be a meme

Or better yet, install Linux and then setup pass through on it.

Garbage made for idiots. If you're a masochist, then go ahead and install it.

>t. Moshee Goldsteinberg

They keep bugging me to upgrade from Windows 7 but I'm not sure if my shitty Lenovo from 2009 can handle Windows 10. Should it be okay?

>Just be a good goy and you will be fine!
>nothing to hide nothing to fear

lel. Just the fact that you are posting on an imageboard might get you in trouble in the future

>Garbage made for idiots.
How ironic that you're using it then

>They keep bugging me to upgrade from Windows 7
That ended almost a year ago.

>shilling windows this hard

Nah. I occasionally get a screen on startup that shills W10.

Still a meme and always a bot net. Check back later for any further developments.

>How ironic that you're using it then
??

it's becoming more and more of a meme as time goes on actually.

>How ironic that you're using it then
but I'm not

the botnet-meme goes way back, i can remember when win2k was filled with "nsa-backddors" and people were "advised" by "insiders" to not update their machines to avoid further spying. "muh, botnet" and "muh, gui" are the only two things people shit on win10, because technically it's a great os and even if win10 is full of nsaciafbi spyware, do you really think they are interested in your shitposting? it's like saying you're never going to have a conversation in public again, because there COULD BE someone listening! get a grip of reality.

You realize the picture has a file name of 1490023944476.png, indicating that the poster is _likely_ not the one who took the time to compose that picture. He probably saved it and reposted it to use as an example of why it's a bad idea to use Windows 10.

Owning an image of a Windows 10 desktop != actually running a Windows 10 OS on your desktop.

Think before you speak.

>do you really think they are interested in your shitposting?
They don't have to be interested in me specifically to listen in on everything I do. The "collect it all" stance is well-documented.

So yes, even if I'm unimportant, they collect lots of data on unimportant people. And I'd rather take what steps I can to interfere with that. Even if they can get around what I do, I'm happy to make their lives just that much more difficult.

If everyone did it we could wind up with the world we want, where surveillance, though it might not always be impossible, is so difficult and expensive that very little, if any, gets done.

That's actually my screenshot. It was taken a couple of months ago I think. But after I upload them I rename them according to Sup Forums, to avoid "Untitled.png" overlap, lol

>muh, botnet" and "muh, gui" are the only two things people shit on win10
muh malware
muh crashes
muh unremovable "features"
muh forced updates

I haven't had a good laugh like this in a long while.

Sent my cousin a .zip and told her the password, but she couldn't even manage to extract it.
Turns out windows 10 explorer has some extraction functionality built in but it doesn't even work with password protected .zip's and just gives an error instead of asking for the password.

Why go through so much trouble of including "compressed folder tools" and an extraction button when it doesn't even fully work.

LTSBs are bretty gud
CB abd CBB are shiz tier

>Or is it OK to use it now?
Nobody can answer this. Windows 10 has become something like a shitty Linux rolling release, sometimes it's okay, sometimes it crashes and burns.

Who password protects a zip?

It's a meme.

All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the GNU World Order. You might as well learn GNU/Linux now so you're ready.

Oh it can handle Windows 10 just fine. There's not much good to say about that OS but low base-demand on computer hardware really is a good point. They made it with tablets and notebooks in mind. Microsoft's own "requirements" for Windows 10 is a 1 GHz single core CPU and 2 GB of RAM.

microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-specifications

It probably won't run very well on that, but it'll run.

I value my privacy. I have everything to hide because it's my _private_ life. But there's another really important aspect you should consider: What happens if you do something legal and moral that the state does not like? I worked as a journalist 20 years ago and I wrote a few articles the regime didn't like. I didn't even realize they would have a problem with them, they were that trivial. I had to flee the country because of it. It's really creepy to have your mail arrive opened and have breakins where things are moved around and stolen and so on.

>Falling for a falseflag
>in 2017

@ you and everyone else:

They know if you're trying to hide. It doesn't work. That makes you stand out even more.

The way I look at it, if you have a specific reason to upgrade do it, otherwise there's no reason to upgrade from Windows 7.

use win 7 if you must.
loonix as main os

This
Unless you are on Ryzen and can't be assed to work around for 7, just stay on 7. I'm on 10 fwiw with a 1600, after a lot of tweaking, its alright.

It is

I like windows 10 almost entirely for the improved window snapping. I have to use W7 at work and it's a bitch to not have that feature. Also I think W7 is uglier than W10 but that's very subjective obviously.

>even if their were spyware,who cares?just dont do illiegal stuff.

Did you really need to add that last part?

If you got nothing to hide you got nothing to fear.

Who are you? What are the names of your family members? Where are they located during the day? What are your wife's fetishes? Ever done anything embarrassing in your life?

TL;DR: Fuck off shill.

i agree with you, but you miss the fact, that there is no proof that microsoft is sharing their telemitry data with any agency. all we know since vault 7 is, that they are using the same tools black hats do.

>muh malware
never had this issue in 25 years of DOS/Windows
>muh crashes
it's not longer 2001
>muh unremovable "features"
just don't use them
>muh forced updates
only because dumbfucks never updated their machines and then made posts about "muh, malware" when they got raped in the ass

Not as bad as systemd

>All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the GNU World Order. You might as well learn GNU/Linux now so you're ready.
On your dreams

>I value my privacy. I have everything to hide because it's my _private_ life. But there's another really important aspect you should consider: What happens if you do something legal and moral that the state does not like? I worked as a journalist 20 years ago and I wrote a few articles the regime didn't like. I didn't even realize they would have a problem with them, they were that trivial. I had to flee the country because of it. It's really creepy to have your mail arrive opened and have breakins where things are moved around and stolen and so on.
i did some controversial work myself and i know that there is a file on me in the internal ministery of my country, but that's it. they know i associate with people they don't like, but i don't engage in illegal activities, so they can't do shit.

the thing is, if the state want's to look into your data, they won't call microsoft for a backdoor, they simply knock on your door at 6am and take your machine and make sure, you give them your passwords.

99,9% of every computer user - even on this hackermanboard - will never get in such a situation, so it does not matter if he runs windows 95 or tails.

>what is a winrar

a few weeks ago i've read a short article about some states/departements being so dependend on ms infrastructure that they could'nt switch, even if they wanted to. basically there will never be a "gnu world order" unless best korea bombs the rest of the world into oblivion.

No, Windows already peaked with Windows 8.1 and has been getting progressively shittier ever since. It's not going to get better. From here on it's just going to get worse.

>"You need to restart your computer to apply this settings change. Restarting..."
>"Program successfully installed. You need to restart your computer to complete the installation. Restarting..."
>forced restart to apply updates
>can't use your computer while installing updates; have to sit there and stare at the screen as it installs them
>"we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes..."
>"restarting..."
>can't refuse specific features in an update
>can't refuse updates at all, unless you disable them completely, but...
>have to disable critical security updates just to make the system usable
>but it will only be usable for a week because Windows has more holes than swiss cheese
>still need an anti-virus
>still need to defrag occasionally
>still need to reinstall Windows regularly due to windows rot (this is arguable, some people say that you won't get windows rot if you use you take precautions, but no such measure are required on other operating systems)
>BSOD- It is NEVER acceptable to let the entire operating system crash when a single application causes a problem, yet Windows allows it.
>can't change the Desktop UI without some broken hacky shit
>can't customize anything outside of what Microsoft "allows"; it's Microsoft's computer for as long as Windows is installed on it
>feature creep
>ads in file manager
>ads in settings UI
>ads in start menu
>NTFS (LOL)
>Registry (LOL)

>unless best korea bombs the rest of the world into oblivion.
China will not let them

Unfortunately sometimes some people care.
I got this whateveritscalled installed that allows anyone to run basically whatever using my ip.
1 week ago I got banned from overwatch for hacking even tho I did not hack. But they got the password so they can just log in and do whatever.
I miss fapping to whatever xvideo I find without people hearing me.
On the bright side im more interested in security in general, its interesting. Also I have to say that whoever came up with this method or idkwhotocallit is a genius and should work on the cia or some big company.

Also, so people from the overwatch community hate me I think? You got access to my email why dont you check the emails to Blizzard I sent regarding the crash issues (genji/hanzo and other stuff). This was back in august, thats when I started to send em all the reports becausenyou know maybe they hire or give me a cookie.
I also used to troll actual hackers on ownedcoreforum. Some people go a step further and actually install vms on their machines. I just posted some hanzo video to see what people said, there was no actual hacking involved.
Anyways this sucks, would love to talk to the first one who started it. Even if its an anonymous chat.
But again, people find it entertaining sonthey will keep using twitch streams to plants trees against me, doxxing me, getting me banned, gettting me in troubles.
I still like all of you Im a bit happy that at least I know I wasnt just being paranoid the whole time.
Meds suck btw :p.

Ah and btw they keep making stuff thats not even true. I didnt report anyone anywhere. Whoever said I reported ster kepphri xqc on twitc to get their channel down or whoever said I called a lawyer to find the hackers or whatever. Its not true.
And no I didnt insult IT workers. See there are a lot of automatization programs and a lot of them got the word IT on it. It was late at night I needed to rest and mixed Mana**IQ with ManageIT and said that phrase.
Again, apologies if I offended anyone, it wasnt my intention. That would be like insulting doctors when you are dying and need osme help :p.

I dont want anyone to feel like bad for me or shit like that but this is like on the back of my head since the beginning because I cant literally figure it out. Now that I know that there are 100s of people working at the same time it makes much more sense. Still very curious and want to talk with someone. Did anyone ever got out of this? Lol.
Its all good tho Im learning quite a lot I just hate when other family members devices get raped like what did they do to you. It was kinda my fault, I had default pass on router and everything open so the temptation I guess was there.
No Im not vacbanned.
Sfv savegames are cool wtf guys capcom is crazy.

>0=1
I'm laughing
winfags rekt

8.1 is the last sane windows that can be debloated/debotnetted
windows 10 is BDSM

use windows 10! now!

>Letting his kid daughter walk alone to the school

It's not bad when you use shutup10 to disable all of the telemetry and other bullshit features. If you're gayman then you kind of need it otherwise use linux.

There's absolutely no cohesion. Shit just magically reinstalls itself. There are two control panels in addition to three different shells. Fucking tiles are retarded as shit and waste bandwidth. Fucking Rolodex menu taking hours to scroll through shit compounded by programs you just uninstalled magically reinstalling themselves again. They've succeeded in adding features nobody needs or wants, like Apple. I'm not even sure if Enterprise is safe from this retarded shit. Just stick to 7 until 2020 then find a different OS if Microsoft hasn't realized long time customers are fed up.

>My daughter likes Hello Kitty and would do anything for Jolly Ranchers
Whoever said that perfect girls don't exist?

Biggest argument you keep hearing against windows 10 is regarding privacy. I doubt most people genuinely care that much about it but they need to justify their trend following behavior of installing linux. Anyway you can disable all the data gathering. There are plenty of videos on it.

Windows is the only os with proper DPI scaling
It's a shame but it's really how it is

if you have a laptop, you wont get decent battery life with linux

Why?

So do you guys really hate me or are you just doing it fo the science.

try and see for yourself, it is just not optimized for laptops

You have no idea what are you talking about. I get more battery life on Linux than on Windows 10. With Linux you can customize everything you want to maximize battery performance down to kernel level.

Why would I get in trouble for simply being here on Sup Forums?

hey m8, ive tried ubuntu,lubuntu, debian, manjaro

it is all the same story

Have you tried gentoo?

Only W10 worth using

>Anyway you can disable all the data gathering. There are plenty of videos on it.
Surely you can.
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

Dumbass cant figure out that he should install a laptop power management tool bc out of box, its optimized for desktop performance.

>school installs windows 10
>photoshop begins mysteriously crashing
>classes cancelled literally twice
no bueno

reinstall the color profiles. seriously, i've had this bug too.

i will use win7 as long as i can and if i ever upgrade i will move all my downloads and personal data onto a dedicated local nas or file server. but if i ever upgrade i will def. use the pro or enterprise

Enterprise LTSB is not a rolling release, and you can do something like apt-get dist-upgrade with new LTSB version iso.