twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Windows you mong

Windows 10

I'm a gamer, I use Debian.

>gamers
>linux distro

maybe in another universe

Arch for bleeding edge drivers

Would flip and flap dat booty if you catch my drift.

I wanted to say that people who call themselves "gamers" would use Windows, but then I saw

Funtoo. It's built on top of gentoo but its user friendly. It has the best game support, hence the name "fun"too. I have yet to try a Windows game that did not work on funtoo.

>still playing vidya
What are you, 12?

Can't you play games at like 90% the speed they would run on native Windows if you just use a Windows virtual machine with PCI-passthrough enabled?

Use whatever.

As long as you have working drivers for your card it doesn't matter.

I was playing wc3 and eve online and zero-k and stuff on Linux before you could run steam. Figures it's not worse now.

That said, Windows is alive because games still support it better, so maybe just use that for games with some retardedly power hungry GPU and run a power efficient server for your 24/7 private data and work needs.

>As long as you have working drivers for your card it doesn't matter.
It does, i.e. steam uses ancient ubuntu 12.04 runtime and if you try to use the native runtime of a distro with modern packages shit will keep failing to launch or crashing.

GNU/Windows

There's still the option of not using Steam

>Not playing OpenArena or Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

macOS

>Cockona

Ubuntu. You need a stable and well supported platform, steam is officially supported on it and you have a driver PPA that's updated well enough. For windows games just grab PlayOnLinux and use their staging precompiled wine versions, plus it's generally useful as a Wine management GUI. I've been a Linux gamer since like 2008, things are going pretty well. Just waiting for that DX11 support.

Sup Forums is dead

I used to play counter strike just fine on debian.

Source?

I use KDE Neon. But Ubuntu unity/GNOME would be a better choice since KDE is kinda buggy. I can't open Awesomenauts on it, for example.

Windows/Ubunutu, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Windows plus Ubunutu

Win 7

NANI?!?!?!?!?!?

Sauce?

who is she?

>shell: sudo screenfetch

lol
We don't want unauthorized users taking our screen pics.

an entire new method of fencesitting

I have Ubuntu 17.04 on my desktop rig, though literally any distro will do. As long as steam is available through a repo. Be it community or official.

Flip Flappers

degenerate

>Use Linux for everyday things
>Dual boot into Windows 10 for any gaming

how's this sound?

cocona from flip flappers

Ty!

kys

Better yet, Steam on OOOOObantOOOO, and Wangdows on another partition/drive.

Why?

Android?
Unix is the same as linux right?

Who is this semen demon

Who

Disgusting

I would suck farts out of that ass.

Looks like Wendy from Fairy Tail

>can learn dumbass, unfunny memes
>cannot read the thread
>cannot use google reverse image search

every time.

SteamOS

>still watching anime
What are you, 5?

Oh wow, did it really sold a FRT? I enjoyed it, but felt the last quarter was not handled well.

what the fuck am i looking at?

Windows 10 supports bash now

Windows 7

BBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

GPU passthrough fencesitting, best fencesitting
>youtube.com/watch?v=37D2bRsthfI

Yes but who IS that semen demon
Post it fahgit

reported

>people who call themselves "gamers"
A gamer is literally anyone who plays games fuck off with your boogeyman semantics terminology.

Gamer is a loser that expends a good part of his time playing games

kek

>implying zombies can't be fun

hurrr durrrr

Sup Forums and Reddit barely know how to pirate a game let alone configure anything that uses text config

>playing anything other than Tux Racer

If the Windows Kernel was used for GNU software wouldn't it be GNU/NT? ReactOS might let that happen, but only for retards actually willing to use it.

Well, actually, Windows Subsystem for Linux is a reverse engineered clean room implementation of Linux Subsystem calls for the NT kernel. NT still handles Linux functions, so I guess that's a working implementation of GNU/NT.

>not playing openttd, kpat and gnomine only

>Linux Subsystem calls

>sudo screenfetch
Lad
What

Do you know how root works?

System*

wallpaper pls

Gentoo here.

I think you can use pretty much any distro. Most stuff will run fine on anything. I even use a tiling WM and don't complain. Steam behaves (mostly) fine.

I use Ubuntu but I am really getting sick of some of the stupid decisions the Gnome project devs are making with simple things like the Files sorting and displaying simple stuff like AN EXACT DATE and not "2 hours ago", "2 days ago", etc.

It's like smartphone stupidity has invaded GNOME.

oh boy i am triggered