Not using the Plasma master race in 2017

>not using the Plasma master race in 2017
>falling for (((Red Hat's))) Gnome Shell
>enjoying no thumbnails in the file picker
Now that Unity is dead there is no reason to continue supporting the GTK fiasco.

plasma is so bloated
install LXQt

>LXQt
>last update in 2016

>completely modular DE
>C++
>bloated
AHAHAHAHA

Despite that, it consumes around 200-300mb by itself.

Though Budgie is the comfiest DE anyway.

KDE Plasma/5 is fucking ugly as shit. ALl the application menus, loads of buttons and horrible lines/splitters all over the place that aren't even like, aligned in any sort of fashion.

Amateur hour shit.

but OP I am

on idle my computer is using 400mb ram. Not terribly bloated imo

Why use anything except XFCE ? Serious question ?

It's literally perfect.

You can customize how menus are displayed.

Then again if you're complaining about this you're probably some GNOME babby who doesn't understand the concept of having options.

>Using anything from KDE
This is very irresponsible of you, OP. Recommending unstable software will cause Linux newcomers to think that the unstable software is basically the entire GNU/Linux experience and right it off as a buggy piece of shit.

Please reconsider your thread.

screentearing, ugly

You can customize it, y'know.
That meme will die pretty much soon. I used Plasma 5.9 and it isn't as buggy as 5.7. In fact, I didn't encounter any serious bugs other than with retarded convergent shit known as Discover.

this is the adult answer. replying to criticism with

>but it's super modular tho xDDD

tells me your environment is a hobby first and a tool second

krita is a literal meme when compared to gimp in terms of usability

I don't mind options, I do mind when my GUI looks like some cluttered shit some Russian 14 year old managed to hack together on Windows XP.

I open Kate and it's the ugliest fucking thing I have ever seen in my life (excluding kdiff3), meanwhile Gedit looks slick, clean, beautiful and keeps the rare shit out of my way o I can concentrate on work. Same shit for Konsole vs Gnome Terminal, Konsole tabbing is nice but other than that it looks like SHIT with fucked up layout, padding, separators, whitespace. Just pure liquid pig shit.

>You can customize it, y'know.
YOu can't fix this mess without patching it all and doing their job for them, I actually have a job I get paid to do other things I am not falling for that kike STallmans BS and working for free. So fuck you, fuck Stallman, fuck KDE and fuck too.

KDE shills are the fucking worst but since it originates from Nazi Germany it's to be expected I guess.

>GTK cuck in complete denial
>t. to smart to handle customization

>I am not falling for that kike STallmans BS and working for free.

GNOME is pretty much entirely worked on by Red Hat employees or people in very close ties to them which is why GNOME has much better overall feeling of quality compared to KDE. GNOME is enterprise ready and even the latest SLES/SLED (SUSE) release have removed KDE and ship GNOME as the default.

>You can customize it
Every time I do, kwin crashes :(

MATE works just fine for me

>konsole
>ugly
You can remove tab bar and menu bar. It looks great when barebones.
>Kate
>Gedit
>not using vim
fuck off
>le nazi maymay xddddddd
go back to plebbit

I've been loving Plasma over the last couple weeks, but the system tray has been trouble. Some programs either don't show the tray icon at all, or some, like Remmina, show the icon, but clicking it does nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

>comparing drawing app to photoshop clone

>Every time I do, kwin crashes :(
you're doing it wrong

>implying that software freedom means working for free
>what is red hat
>what is suse
>what is canonical
>what is trolltech

>non-functional mess without using 20+ community extensions
>said extensions break every point release because of incompetent devs
>enterprise ready

Enterprise doesn't use arch, kiddo

I see your running TROLL

>being this retarded
Stay using GTKuckware then.

what's wrong with your quotation mark keys user?

I am

>trolltech
>the first time i ls'd my .config folder i thought it was a virus

I am using almost exclusively KDE software. dolphin, konsole, krdc, etc except i cannot go back to floating WM. I wish kwin could tile again.

>implying the whole (((FSF))) isn't a patent troll company.

>hidden brony

Go away Kevin.

$ sudo apt install compton

the default config does jackshit

I tried Plasma on my VM and it's actually pretty nice desu.

same

Not mine though.

>current_year
>not having high dpi support by default

>online accounts are still buggy to the point where you can't set up a google connection to your calendar or email within KDE's "Online Accounts" tool
>Werks on Gnome

why do KDE need so many menu buttons?

*does

Just a question, which is the closest shell to a Windows 8.1 surface?
>300 MB...
Are you from 1990?

I get new hardware next week and think of installing Ubuntu instead of Windows 8.1. I just want something that works, as it should replace Windows on my second PC.

>need

It doesn't. You can make your panel extremely minimalist if you really wish to or not like others since they have use of those buttons.

I couldn't escape from fucking gvfs, fucking clementine

>completely modular
>install a file manager, get the entire KDE runtime

>gvfs
That shitware is full of memory leaks

unity tbqh

>abandonware

Dead project tbqh

I'm gonna miss it honeslty
I really hope they do something good with GNOME

They won't, Red Hat has a complete grip of it's development and won't allow Canonical's code.
The most you can expect are some extensions to somewhat fix Gnome shell's broken UX.

I would use it, but it takes 30 seconds for my laptop to fully boot up. Takes only 10 with Gnome.

looks like I'll be moving to fuckin MATE or something like that, unless someone forks Unity and keeps it updated

Canonical takes usability pretty seriously, so I think you can expect GNOME with plugins/configuration to behave very similarly to Unity. Like said, Redhat have control of the code, but they can't stop Canonical from making extensions. Unless of course they cripple the extensions API, which would do a lot of damage to GNOME and only push more people toward other projects

Enjoy until 17.10

Not even Alpha 17.10 will have Unity

Given how they don't care about extension compatibility thanks to constant changes to the API between even minor point releases there is the real possibility they could shut down the whole extension concept.
Ubuntu should've moved to KDE.

>am currently preparing my laptop for a kubuntu 17 and win 8.1 dual boot
gonna try and install my nvidia card properly this time around too, if all works out I can just forget the win8 partition

GTK theme?

If GNOME guts extensions then they'll be seriously fucked. Even the people who shill GNOME admit that GNOME by default is garbage, and that it's only with 6 gorillion extensions that it's made usable.

but I'm gonna keep using XFCE :^)

WHY do they keep changing the API though?

it's like they want the console to be filled with warnings

Because they can get away with anything since they have big boy Red Hat on their backs.

>three massively different typeface sizes on one panel

KDE in a nutshell, right there

I have been using something similar and better looking since years, "linux ui designers" are really dumb.

>that "Install" button
>gadgets
>burger icon
I can't deal with it.

Because XFCE isn't being as heavily update as KDE. KDE is for the muh bleeding edge crowd.

Too retarded to look at the neofetch.
Theme is called Plano for retards like me.

You're fucking retarded, user

The KDE file picker is shit in icon mode. The thing can't even handle a few hundred thumbnails without grinding to a halt. Face it, unless you have Windows or OSX, your file picker is garbage.

>systemd-linuxd
>stable

>kde
>startup takes 1-2 minutes

>at the top left
Is that active window control widget?
My only problem is that app menu doesn't re-adjust if the window title is long or short

>something similar and better
Which is?

>XFCE isn't being as heavily update as KDE
This is the main reason I like XFCE. It's not perfect, but I've never had an update break my shit. It's been the same for the 5 years I've been using it

>I really hope they do something good with GNOME

What is Cinnamon ?

KDE has a "LTS" version now too, I guess.

>mentioning Russians out of nowhere
heh, Sup Forums go fuckoff please
>I open Kate and it's the ugliest fucking thing I have ever seen in my life
Lol if any that would be gedit. t-b-h that file-roller almost made me vomit before.
>no keyboard shortcuts
>trying this hard to be touch friendly
>doesn't ship any tangible product
>meanwhile there's plasma phone and kde slimbook
why are gnome-users so salty?
Seriously hope your BMI isn't anywhere around 30

>What is Cinnamon ?

A really nice DE that is plagued by constant crashes

I'd use Unity any day than use Gnome3/4 for a minute

*crashes and cinnamon-experience (memory leaking with telemetry because why not :^) )

>I actually have a job I get paid to do other things I am not falling for that kike STallmans BS and working for free
No one asked you but your mouth just keeps rolling like my distro. Everything you said is a lie otherwise provide a picture of your redacted paycheck otherwise you're just another gnome shill larper with abnormal BMI.

>KDE shills are the fucking worst but since it originates from Nazi Germany it's to be expected I guess.
Gnome shills are cancer. Just read how many curse words you mentioned in your post. Highly doubt you have an actual job or one that is tech related ...uhm don't forget the onions ;)

well you see, anything written in cpp is fast and light. It's what they use for videogames.

Update your fucking memes, KDE libraries are no longer a huge package.

What the fuck is wrong with your color scheme?

>brony
Do you think I'm some faggot?