pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/87-NPKC-Side-printed-Front-Print-Thick-PBT-Keycap-For-Tenkyless-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-Free/32752528403.html
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-87-key-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html
m.ebay.com/itm/Varmilo-VA87M-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Clear-switches-White-Light-PBT-Side-printing-/272587814135?var=&hash=item3f777ff4f7:m:mUw4Ft-Oae3_C1HwZKjWuOw&_trkparms=pageci%3A9b797b1e-2d21-11e7-9721-74dbd1800984%7Cparentrq%3Abb95b51015b0abc2c6af6294ffff45c8%7Ciid%3A3
youtube.com/watch?v=UdUwrS5T7fM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

link to previous thread you sissy faggot

Will this thread even reach the bump limit? We almost killed this general about a month ago, but is this the start of round 2?

I'm a 27-year-old grown-ass man. Talk shit post fit.
>link to previous
nah

why are these generals always so desolate and have the same 5 faggots posting their miami caps?

you have the keyboard / mannerisms of a shota-fag

You've never seen me talk, let alone seen what I look like in real life. Also, masculine men can do whatever the fuck they want, and that includes having pastel pink/blue keyboards and cute stuffed animals.

>Masculine men can do whatever they want, including being feminine
m8

It's my guilty pleasure. No one knows.

If your keyboard doesn't match your programming socks, you need to get the fuck off this baord.

Are these decent pbt keycaps?

aliexpress.com/item/87-NPKC-Side-printed-Front-Print-Thick-PBT-Keycap-For-Tenkyless-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-Free/32752528403.html

The font and the arrow keys piss me off other than that they're fine.

God damn skippy. And if you don't even own programming socks then you need to hang yourself.

What's the best mouse and mouse pad to go along with this keyboard (miami+memeforce68)

Yea/nah?

where do I get a nice mechanical gaming keyboard

buy an hhkb

No such thing user.

rubber domes are better for gaming

So I'm thinking of buying a Vortex RGB POK3R keyboard and replacing w.e switches I get with cherry mx greens. However I'm left wondering if the LED's are soldered onto the switches or not. Am I dreaming, thinking changing switches on LED keyboards is anything simple or is it the same process as changing non LED switches? Nothing exists that includes RGB and cherry mx greens which is why I'm thinking of doing this in the first place. That and I would really like to try a 60% keyboard.

Looking for the best tenkeyless with green switches out there, any suggestions?

tfw no ortholinear buckling spring 60% with spherical thick pbt caps and a trackpoint

Keyboards with green switches really limits ya for choices but I'm currently using the WASD tkl keyboard with cherry mx greens and I have no complaints so far. One thing to note is their keycaps are utterly mediocre but you can purchase one of their keyboards without any keycaps and use your own if you so desire.

wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-87-key-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html

Hello /mkg/ I'm in the market for another keyboard since the leds on my ducky shine of 5 years are going out. I was looking for a 75% or a tkl, I've already done a bit of research and it looks like mx clears is the way to go since I enjoy the mx browns on my ducky but they're a tad too light and I have no idea how to solder for the zealios switch. I'm currently looking at m.ebay.com/itm/Varmilo-VA87M-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Clear-switches-White-Light-PBT-Side-printing-/272587814135?var=&hash=item3f777ff4f7:m:mUw4Ft-Oae3_C1HwZKjWuOw&_trkparms=pageci%3A9b797b1e-2d21-11e7-9721-74dbd1800984%7Cparentrq%3Abb95b51015b0abc2c6af6294ffff45c8%7Ciid%3A3 is it a good choice? Also I hear mx clears have a annoying ping to them is this true? Any other suggestions? Thanks

>click clack clickity clack click chk clack
for what purpose?

People enjoy feedback and sound is just another part of doing that in addition to feel.

Its funny right when mechanical keyboards hit an all time high in popularity this general starts to die. Through out the whole month of march these threads were getting 100-150 posts before it 404ed. Occasionally a thread might get into the high 200s, but none of them hit the bump limit. I guess now that mechanical keyboards are mainstream all the hipsters have moved on.

>Kokuyo notebooks
Shirt girl, Rhodia is best

Heavy tactility feels great. Now if you are using cherry shit, then I can understand why its annoying.

>Heavy tactility feels great. Now if you are using cherry shit, then I can understand why its annoying.
so, gateron blue?

Kek, well at least that one fag seems to have gotten tired of posting his board with guns and knives on and around it. Like anyone would give a shit about his weapons in a fucking mechanical keyboard thread.

>so, gateron blue?
cherry style switch, that's still shit

what do you recommend man

the sound drives me nuts

Nothing gay about shota.

nice memebranes, but what does that have to do with a mechanical keyboard thread?

Nothing, I just want to tell the thread that I bought a regular keyboard(top) for five dollars that does the same fucking shit that your 100+ dollar keyboard does.

Right now I'm enjoying my buckling springs, but matias and noppoo topre clones are also fun to type on. I'm gonna get one of those hall effect keyboards, but since they are revising them I'll wait a bit.

No one buys those $100 meme boards. Chink mechanical keyboards are all the rage. There were those $5 cherry mechanical keyboards, but those were in Germany and paying for shipping to anywhere other then Europe was like 50 bucks.

Noppoo makes a topre clone? What boards does it come on? Link?

>Why order Filet mignon at a nice restaurant when I can go to Mcdonalds and get some chicken nuggets for way cheaper?
That's how retarded you sound right now.

>tfw you find out snap on sells industrial keyboards that are actually cherry mx keyboards for 10-15 bucks.

are memeforce 68s any good?

Nothing gay about boipvcci

Right now there are two people that make topre clones: Noppoo and Abko. All the Plum keyboards use noppoo topre clones

yes

Better than Pok3r?

>an easily repairable $.05 part goes out
>better get a new keyboard
you've caught the disease, my friend

Yes. The pok3r uses a shitty metal case thats worse then the one on the magicforce. Also there is a dip switch on the back that switches caps lock and control.

Is the plum actually made by Noppoo? I'm a bit of a noppoo fan boy and that would maybe influence my decision on picking up a plum board or not.

The Noppoo website has been down for a while now I have no idea whats going on.

Another question guys, since our generals are dying, as someone who much prefers blues to reds but sometimes bottoms out blues pretty hard do you think I would enjoy a topre or topre clone? I don't bottom out on my laptop which butterfly switches and chicklet keys but there is something about the mech that causes me too. Probably because I enjoy typing on it so fucking much.
Torn between a topre for my next board or something heavier than a Noppoo blue switch.

What the fuck, why is it nearly double the price? I like how small it looks, but I think I'll just get the memeforce 68.

Not that guy but the magic force is a pretty good board. If you do get one I suggest the black version. Disappointed with my silver one. You'll also want to replace the keycaps, they're pretty fucking ugly.
I would strongly suggest a 75% like the drevo gramr over it since it's the same price and you get the best layout in the fucking world but up to you.
I hate the way the black switches in my magaicforce feel, after a year they don't feel how I remember reds/blacks feeling but it may just be that they need lube or something.

I thought this board was really nice and wanted to share it with you guys.
Considering getting some 3m dinoc and pulling a thinkpad-style mod on the case of my board. Looks good.

I actually do not like the black version, purely on a aesthetic level. Why are you disappointed with the silver ones? And what switches do you recommend?

Also, I like 60%, so I went with the 68s.

Sushi keycaps! Delicious.

The pok3r is more programmable, and comes with PBT keycaps. Also only the top of the magicforce is metal, while the bottom half is plastic.

nice caps weeb. what board btw?

and is that a salmon artisan? what the hell is that?

yeah its an excuse to buy a new keyboard, how hard is it to replace the led anyways?

OKay that's fine, I'm a wow player so I really missed the function row.
I strongly suggest blues if you don't mind a bit of noise. I've never had a room mate mention the noise and my door is very thing.
I previously had a board with cherry reds and I loved it. I stopped using a PC for 2 years and bought a memeforce with blacks(I think it was listed as reds) and thought I liked it. Then I bought another board but with a blue switch and now the memeforce is literally unusable for me, it feels like a mushy piece of shit. I will definitely never buy another linear switch but I suspect that it might need lubrication because it's so old and isn't a genuine cherry switch.
It's not my keyboard, it was on reddit and I thought it was really nice. No it's not a salmon artisan it comes with the set from a seller on aliexpress. It's called enjoypbt japanese. I believe the board is a custom built one but it's very popular as I see it all over the place.

>Then I bought another board but with a blue switch and now the memeforce is literally unusable for me, it feels like a mushy piece of shit. I will definitely never buy another linear switch but I suspect that it might need lubrication because it's so old and isn't a genuine cherry switch.
I'm confused. First you're recommending the Memeforce with Blues, and now you call it mushy? What do you mean by this? What board are you referring to?

Also, Gateron or Cherry blues for the memeforce?

>owned a board years ago with reds, liked it
>bought meme force with reds(blacks), liked it
>bought board with blues, loved it
>now can't use memeforce with reds(blacks), feels mushy
>suggest you buy a memeforce with BLUES

gateron

Thank you. You are the best.

How do I get this cap?

Trap a man's soul while hes orgasming and bind it to a keycap.

pls i need this

that's just what guys like to do.
put arbitrary objects around whatever object your showing off.

downloading grindr now.

Well fuck me, turns out this company called Glorious PC gaming race makes "modular keyboards" that lets you change your switches without the need to desold and has rgb. I will have to wait for Q3 2017 for the release of the TKL version though since I definitely don't want full size. Thank god somebody decided to do this. Fuck you Vortex and fuck you every other company that makes it so hard to change switches. Don't know what all these other assholes are doing making it difficult to change their keyboards.

now it's pretty easy to get something good and affordable as long as you don't have too esoteric requirements so once you more or less have an endgame keyboard there's not much of a point to stick around and admire other people's keyboards

>there's not much of a point to stick around and admire other people's keyboards
this
/mkg/ and /tpg/ still not being dead reflects how autistic Sup Forums really is.

What even is an endgame keyboard?

This is a 96 key layout right? Wish more boarda were out with this layout. I can only find a sketchy diy kit on aliexpress right now.

Nice shilling.

I think they are great, I even love the layout. Wish they would make a version without branding

>not embracing the "Magicforce" engraving
kys yourself my man

what switch you got, bitch?

I got a magicforce with mx greens for novelty but now that I'm typing on it I think I just got converted to click/tactile switches.

>click/tactile switches
such as? post pics of your board btw

>everything was doomed and then this company called Glorious PC gaymen race saved the day goyims!

I said it was an mx Green board and I'm phone posting from work, don't have any pics

If they made the magicforce programable it would be perfect

What's the point of a programmable keyboard? I'm new to mech keyboards.

Change what keys do, so you could make page up and page down control volume

KBDfans 40% case

Why don't Topre make keyboards with good layouts

The FC980C is the only passable Topre board

It actually isn't as good as I thought since you still have the problem of rgb compatible cherry mx green switches...not fucking existing. AKA the plastic housing needs to be translucent for light shine through. At least I was able to figure this shit out on my own. Not like anyone else here seems to know anything about this stuff. Guess all the hipsters really are gone and all we have left are the Sup Forums memesters.

I peeked at my backlit WASD keyboard and it looks like the LED is mounted above the switch so its mx greens don't need to be clear but GMMK's look like their LED's are below the switch so I'm betting your SOL most likely.

why isn't anyone making buckling springs in mx form factor reee litreally not that hard it will just have to be little taller

>Not like anyone else here seems to know anything about this stuff. Guess all the hipsters really are gone and all we have left are the Sup Forums memesters.
Shill please we aren't buying it.

Useless reply

youtube.com/watch?v=UdUwrS5T7fM
Where were you when topre was BTFO

ironic reply

Always wondered this myself, or why more people haven't tried to fake alpes

Topre has always been over priced trash, people who buy them will defend it to the death because they just dropped 200 bucks on a rubber dome keyboard. I got to try one at last year's keyboard meet up and it felt like a good rubber dome, nothing more nothing less

>last year's keyboard meet up
What did she mean by this?

"Ironic" reply for a useless poster just here to shitpost it seems. You don't really deserve much else.

Link?

you can use autohotkey but then it only works on one computer. if you connect the keyboard to your phone or something you'd have to set it up again

>buckling springs
overrated

Holy moly, can we get some actual human keyboards posted in here?