G's opinion on the Dell XPS 15 9560?

G's opinion on the Dell XPS 15 9560?

>i7-7700HQ up to 3.8GHz
>GTX 1050 4GB
>16GB DDR4 2400MHz; up to 32GB
>1080p "Infinity Edge display"; 4K available -> 15.6" screen in a 14" formfactor
>512GB PCIe SSD; up to 1TB
>97WHr battery -> amazing batterylife at 1080p
>decent backlit chiclet keyboard
>arguably one of the best trackpads in a Windows laptop
>2kg weight
>$1,749.99 for this particular model

MacBook is better
inb4 Sup Forums kiddies whine about specs, you're just showing that you don't know what actually matters in a laptop

>5 hours wifi surfing
>amazing batterylife

What does matter on a laptop then?

Software? Because the XPS supports windows linux and works wll with hackingtosh?

The new X1 Carbon of MBP. The webcam placement on that dell sucks by the way.

got one, its nice
drivers are shit
thinking of putting win8 on it to escape cancer

great hardware and i don't just mean what's pon the inside. the macbook's trackpad + screen are ace

screen - Macs is better
build quality - Macs is better
touchpad - Macs is better
battery life - Macs is better
the fact that MacBooks come with a vastly superior OS by default is a bonus too

My ideal laptop spec-wise. 15.6" screen in a 14" frame, GTX 1050 for light gaming.

How hot will it run?
Also dedicated GPU in a laptop literally why (unless you need to do CAD stuff etc)

Really though for that money get a Thinkpad P50 or 51.

X1 carbon is better than dell and mac memebookd

>Those poorfag specs in the X1

Hahahahahah holy shit.

Even a $999 Macbook has better specs than a $2000 X1.

proof?

I've had the 9550 (i7-6700HQ, 32GB, 960M) for over a year now I think & absolutely love it. Solid performance (I have a heavy workflow dealing with 8k video & gigapixel photos, play some EVE Online too), decent keyboard & trackpad, matte screen & crazy battery life - I can push 10 hours of Web browsing if I want to.

And of course Dell's warranty shits all over Apple's - I get a technician to my home/office next day to fix it (not that I've needed it yet) whilst with a MBP I would have to take a day off work to travel to a store to leave it with them for two weeks.

macfags btfo

>screen - Macs is better

15" 1800p(MBP) OLED vs a 4k screen with infinity edge

I rememver the PSVITA had problems because aony decided OLED would be a good idea.

>build quality - Macs is better

All computers are made by chink 12yo that works illegaly for shit pay

>touchpad - Macs is better

You mean the ones that started breaking in the upper left corner?

>battery life - Macs is better

Yes unix like systems are awesome but really if you think about it we are talking about a mobile GPU vs a full on desktop card

>the fact that MacBooks come with a vastly superior OS by default is a bonus too

But it doesn't come with either linux or AnyBSD. It comes with stolen code and a raped version of BSD.

Yeah and the function keys that god replaced with a shitty touch interface no one wanted

Yeah, there's no denying that. But it's a trade-off worth making imo for the thin bezels

I thought Sup Forums hate webcams because muh NSA.

Aren't you paying $2000 more for the best specs and the best display for the macbook? At that price everything else in thd macbook HAS to be better, which simply isn't

"For peak temperatures, you will see about 130°F (54°C) near the top of the keyboard where the rear-vent pushes out air. The bottom of the laptop is closer to 104°F (40°C) after 20 minutes of intense gaming and maxing out the GPU. While warm, this is far below most gaming laptops, as expected.

When using the laptop for productivity or in Photoshop, the XPS 15 (9560) is quite cool and is never hot."

Quote from Windows Central. However I couldn't find anything about the 1050 thermals, I read that there is no thermal throttling though. As for the CPU it can hit 82°C after prolonged synthetic benchmarks

I'm not sure we're talking about the same laptop

You have the 84WHr battery and 1080p display, right?

Yes, which is a combination that they apparently don't sell & I was told I'd get the smaller battery & empty 2.5" bay, but it turned up with the 84WHr instead. I didn't complain.

>having a dgpu
>ever

If one only needs the lowest specs (8 gig ram), should I get the XPS 15 or X1 Carbon?

>implying

How's the screen ghosting issue?

Why can't they make a laptop with a 13.6" screen in a 12" form factor
These gargantuan machines make no sense to me

And the keyboard is dogshit, why do macfags only ever mention the trackpad but leave out the keyboard? Convenience?

For that money you can get a standard decent laptop and a great PC.

x1

>above $1000 for a laptop
no

>poorfag
get out