How do i enable icon selection on linux file managers?

How do i enable icon selection on linux file managers?

The folder should be selected by the mouse cursor.

I mean this:

Help me out, bros.

I'm surprised linux hasn't this feature as an open source OS.

what file browser are you using? theres nemo, nautilus, thunar, and more. they all have the option, i know that for a fact. look in Edit -> Preferences thats the usual settings menu for pretty much any program lmao

>>/flg/

ahuehuahuehuahuehuahue

I'm using caja. But i've tried others file managers and couldn't find that option.

brbr hue

i actually use this setting on thunar, so i can say with certainty it does exist there if you somehow cant get it in caja. in caja you go to the bar of dropdown menus at the top and you click Edit, then at the bottom theres Preferences. click that, then go to the tab thats labeled Behavior. the first set of radio buttons let you decide whether to single click or double click items to open them. if you click the "single click" option, then it will highlight folders by mousing over them. as the other guy said, please take this kind of thing to the friendly linux thread or stupid question thread. with all due respect, this was a very stupid question. "linux file browsers" is very broad because there are SO many options available, so be sure to tell people what exactly your using also. i hope i helped, have a good day

The option to open files with 1 click is already marked and highlight not work. Sorry, i'm new here.

are you certain? i selected that option and its highlighting the things i hover over, and if i right click it gives me actions to take on the folder, which is exactly how windows explorer and other linux file browsers act. your mouse cursor should turn into the selection icon, with the hand's index finger pointing up. it might not turn the whole folder blue, but instead it makes the folder lighter. if it really isnt working than id suggest just installing some other file browser.

huehuehuehuehue

Yeah, but i can't get the keyboard working when the cursor highlight the folder.

what does the keyboard have to do with highlighting a folder with mousover? i think your asking for something caja cant do at this point

>Linux
>OS

When you highlight a folder in windows, you can use the keyboard to open that folder. It's what i want.

If it isn't an OS, so what it is?

yeah caja doesnt work like that dude. install thunar instead, i just checked and it does infact let me use the keyboard upon mouseover of a folder. if your using a debian derivative (including any ubuntu derivative or version) do "sudo apt install thunar". if your on arch, do "sudo pacman -S thunar".

Thanks bro, now it's working like a charm. This feature could be implemented in others file managers tho.

Retard detected.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk cuscuz com feijão e farofa de rapadura

I'm more smarter than anyone here. I speak 6 languages and i'm phd in philosophy.

Ah? what now? Where is your god now? Ur motherfucker retard. You know nothing 'bout me.

I don;t udersatsnd you r glish

a pile of shit

Bait shill thread
Sage, report, hide