Surface Pro is dying

RIP Microsoft's Surface Pro line.

>Revenue generated by Microsoft's Surface hardware during the March quarter was down 26% from the same period the year before, the company said yesterday as it briefed Wall Street.

It's dead, Jim.

computerworld.com/article/3193031/computer-hardware/surface-revenue-does-a-u-boat-and-dives.html

Good idea on paper, terrible execution, pajeet tier OS

>almost fell for the surface pro meme but decided to buy a 17 inch clevo in the end
Good thing I'm a big guy and didn't pussy out on screen size

its too expensive

>don't release a new version for almost 2 years
>gee Bill, why didn't anyone buy our product even though everyone already has the same one

>overpriced as fuck

>can only use piece of shit OS W10

>Oh vey, why nobody wants to buy this great product?

Buh-bye Surshit!

The surface line of product is just Microsoft way of showing their partners what can sell. Computer manufacturers have picked up the slack already so there's no need for Ms to continue making the surface.

Next will be the surface phone. It will likely fail since the phone market is not locked to 90% ms market share.

Windows tablets in a small profile seems ideal. Android tablet development is dead and iOS is iOS. What direct do you take?

>The surface line of product is just Microsoft way of showing their partners what can sell.
Nonsense. MS pissed off tons of OEMs because of Surface line exists.

They were great machines when they launched, both the pro and the book.
But they're both outdated to a ridiculous degree today and the prices are insane. If I wanted a $3000 laptop, I'd probably check myself into an insane asylum right next to all the macfags.

They may be pissed but it definitely made them up their quality and what they're offering. I considered a Surface for a while.

>needing a laptop screen bigger than 15"
Are you trying to compensate for something, user?

sales are down because people are anticipating the next version

I don't think this was unexpected. The Pro 4 is almost 2 years old. Many are holding out for a refresh.

No, sales are poor because PC is dying.

I suspect this is the case as well. Sp4 prices on select models have had $200 off sales since fall most likely because of the anticipation of the sp5. It's like they are getting a price cut preemptively for the launch of the next thing

Unfortunately this.
Microsoft tried to follow "le apple" creating a overpriced computer, but because apple has the most loyal retarded costumers they weren't able to compete in the overpriced notebook market.

Also Acer just dropped the Acer switch that is better than the surface pro and the highend model cost 500 less than the surface.

>3 year old device
>sales drying up
No shit.

>>can only use piece of shit OS W10
Did you ever fucking use one? Linux runs fine on it.

Anyone think they sold even 10k units of these? I don't. I think it's useless.

Tablet form factor and function are such a limited use case. I never understood why the hype lasted as long as it did. I used to do graphic design so I've been using them for ages, but for 99% of users the penabled tablet is simply wasted resources while for the bulk of artists the consumer-tier tablet is simply never an option.

I guess it's going to take this kind of loss to convince MS suits that they're competing in a very small market with little or no up-side growth that cannot be made up for with marketing.

Consumer trends are clearly going towards cheap traditional laptops and phones. I guess they're avoiding this reality because they lost out in the phone market already.

They sold a lot, every higher-ed establishment has them.

There are people out there who have only used MacOS in their lives. I am not kidding. Usually rich kids.

>couldnt decide between surface and xps13
>bought xps13 because i didnt want a fuckhuge windows logo on back of my device
Best decision ive ever made

Shame, I really like my Surface Pro 4 for dev work, based nutella don't fail me now...

>They sold a lot, every higher-ed establishment has them.
Bullshit. Citation needed.

Back in jan. I was also looking at the surface book, but it was overpriced as fuck.
I settled for the xps 13 2in1 that had just come out.
No regrets.

They are a overpriced but not terrible, I know a few people who use and like them

I always thought it was too expensive and it's basically an overpriced Microsoft Office tablet.
It was even marketed like that in the first few versions.

It's not even really portable, you need a flat level table to use it like a laptop.

>>overpriced as fuck

Yea, it's overpriced because all the OEMs panicked when they heard Microsoft is going into hardware business and they started whining they won't be able to compete on the same prices.

So Microsoft had to make products priced on the premium segment, to make sure all the Lenovos and Dells had room to compete on lower prices.

>t. Poorfag

Professional artist here.

The price and form factor are pretty good, but they lost me as soon as they switched pens. Loved my Pro 1 and almost got the Pro 3 till I tried it out myself. Been using the Cintiq Companion ever since.

I was actually pretty excited for the Studio, but when I tried it in the store, the palm rejection just didn't fucking work, and the dial was pretty stupid.

The fact that you still can't remap the button is pretty shitty.

Meanwhile, Wacom's MobileStudio Pro STILL doesn't come with a fucking stand, and they haven't given an ETA for it other than "eventually".

I just want a portable drawing PC that isn't fucking garbage, but everyone's going full retard now.

i work in a publishing house and would suck off my ceo if i could get one.

That's because they don't have kaby lake usb c yet

Does it really? I have one but haven't looked into putting Linux on it because I thought it wouldn't work.

You can either disable secureboot and use it that way, or use the tools Microsoft signed and released to add your own keys into secureboot and boot a signed kernel.
I think they removed MicroSD boot from it, which really fucking blows, but USB or multiboot still works fine.

I bought a surface pro 3 with the docking station, type cover, Arc mouse, surface pen, and display port to VGA adapter for $350 from some guy on Craigslist. Practically brand new and works like a dream. I wouldn't have paid anymore

Wait for Huion Tablet :^)

I may be poor, but at least I'm not retarded enough to spend over 3k on a laptop. Seriously the fuck do you even do on a laptop to justify such a cost?
The only thing intensive enough is video editing or 3d animation and modeling if you do it on a professional level. And if you're a professional, why the fuck are you doing these things on a laptop like a nigger? You have no concept of value if you do this shit and your dad should really slap you upside the head and sit you down to discuss the value of a dollar.