Hey Sup Forums I just picked this up from craigslist for 100 bucks. Howd I do...

Hey Sup Forums I just picked this up from craigslist for 100 bucks. Howd I do? Also what should i do to fix the cosmetic wear on the front? Spray paint? Paint markers?

You can get fucked in the ass for less than 100 bucks OP.

What do you mean? Its a GDM-FW900

PLASTIDIP

Im unfamiliar with CRT monitors and I would hate to break anything trying to take it apart. Refurbing tutorials on these things are scarce.

Say what's going on in here?!

W-what. Rollin.

One last bump ig.

Don't take it apart unless you really know what you're doing. You can easily electrocute yourself even if it's unplugged.

>100 bucks for a CRT cancerbox
w
e
w

It's THE crt cancer box

I just wondered why this thing was so expensive: Its a 1440p CRT screen.

I would still prefer a 144 Hz IPS flatscreen. This thing weights 50 KGs and consumes 170W.

Look for the wires about 1/4 from the stop and bottom, can't unsee! Put a solid white background on there and you can see them better.

You say that like it's a bad thing

No one cares about this obselete technology OP. $100 is not the extent of your liability. Consider the medical bills for the injuries to your back, and consider the CRT disposal fee when you realize you wasted your money.

I lift. This thing wasnt that heavy desu. It's only 100lbs. If I wanna dump it I'll just bring it to a lot somewhere and leave it.

1440p 85hz. CRT is objectively better than IPS.

This thing almost weights as much as I do.

100lbs on a bar is one thing. 100lbs of big fragile technology with no handle is quite another.

>Going through life being this wrong all the time
Must feel pretty bad

yeah but you aren't trying to curl a TV - the way you pick something up is most similar to deadlift which most people can do at least 150 lb. I barely lift and can do 350

>not a BVM of PVM

Come on now

>spending money on a monitor that can not show a sharp image
wew

I worked for a decade using numerous high end Sony & mitubishi CRTs

Anyone claiming they are better than modern displays needs to be shot.

These faggots probably claim vinyl is superior to digital audio.

>Weigh as much as a fridge
>consume a ton of power
>colours WILL eventually fade
>high pitched hum
>any claimed benefits is audiophile grade hoodoo

>These faggots probably claim vinyl is superior to digital audio.
are you mad that daddy didnt buy you a nice vinyl player?

Why the fuck is everyone is this thread being such a cock? This monitor is worth a grand. OP you did a good job. Even if you don't like it you can sell it for a nice profit.

>replying to your own thread

>worth a grand
Brand new in box, maybe, and given you can even find a buyer. The last two sold on eBay went for $227 and $385 respectively.

fuck op i was going to pick that up. where in roc are you from?

30 minutes out.

if you plan on reselling it for the same price hmu

Sent:^)

t. 5"5 350 lb neckbeard

t. weakling

FIX THAT SHIT UP AND SELL IT TO ME FOR 300.

picture still looks more uniformly richer than a flat panel. same way a good plasma still looks better than a good OLED. the contrast, the color, the lack of screen door with nice, bright, glowing dots. it just looks better overall. you're right that the practical drawbacks are a downside. but damn a good CRT or plasma still looks better than every TN/IPS/OLED/VA I have seen, which all look like screen doors to me. nice screen doors, but there is always the perception that something is in front of the image.

I might fix my old FW-900 some day if I can find someone to work on it.

>Howd I do?
Bad, it's nowhere worth a 100 bucks

nope, it's a shitty monitor for a CRT

It's nowhere worth a grand, they usually go under a 100 bucks on eBay auctions, only retard hipsters think it's worth that much. Also it's nowhere good for a CRT monitor.

You are false. There are 144MHz 4k IPS screens now.

Show me one auction where this monitor has gone for less than 200. Ill wait.

Google bitch, I'm not going to spoonfeed you. KikeBay is usually overpriced because all the hipsters anyways.
Also, rebrands go for 5-10 bucks sometimes, they are also far more common, but identical hardware wise.

If youre going to make such bold claims then back them up. I cant find any instances that youre talking about.

Holy shit, GREAT deal OP!

Does it work well?

>samefagging your own thread

>posting in your own thread

not him, but I know for sure I have seen them go for a few bucks, re-brands that is

>If youre going to make such bold claims then back them up. I cant find any instances that youre talking about.
Stop being a retarded hipster then.

Modern IPS and OLED panels are far, far superior to CRTs.

>the contrast, the color, the lack of screen door with nice, bright, glowing dots. it just looks better overall.
What are you comparing it too? You know you are just spilling bullshit because we have knowledge of those things too?

>but damn a good CRT or plasma still looks better than every TN/IPS/OLED/VA I have seen
You probably never seen good ones then, downsides of being a poorfag.

I really hope this is bait.
Sup Forums can't be this dumb.

>I lift.
No you don't, you're an autistic neckbeard who seeks for acceptance in a shitty tech board

Not me, just someone trying to make me look retarded. I know this thing doesnt run for a grand.

Kek, sure.

>someone is trying to make me look retarded
You already did that yourself by posting this thread.

TOPKEK

I really dont get where this uniform hatred of me is coming from. I haven't tried to instigate anything. I just bought a monitor I had been looking for and hoped maybe someone here would think it was cool. Clearly thats not the case and I guess I do look stupid. I wont post anymore of my finds until I'm better informed. Sorry for my gay thread, I'm off to sleep now.

Never ask Sup Forums "how did I do?"

And by derailing other decent threads with your attention whoring and subsequent autism.

OP is a faggot.

lmfao what a fucking waste of money. it looks beat up to shit too, great.

hope this is a joke

He actually got a pretty good deal on it, I'm jealous.

sure thing samefag

Install GNU/Linux.

ebin

Didnt sony or some other jap company make crazy high rez crt for medical imaging?

I can still remember drooling over the few thousand dollars for a 20 something inch monitor

lucky bastard, i'd kill to get one of those for even close to that price

Thanks guys. I appreciate ya, if you're not trolling. Even though that one guy is just going to keep calling samefag.

WHY does Sup Forums always assume you cannot repair cosmetic damage?

i've wanted an FW-900 since I first laid my eyes on one, they're absolutely perfect

Just kidding

Rude:(