/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shijou.moe/imas-radio/
chiru.no
ai-radio.org/
camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-Open-Back-Professional-Headphone/product/B00004SY4H?context=search
0db.co.kr/xe/index.php?mid=REVIEW_0DB&page=2&document_srl=22808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wear iems for 8 minutes
>They slide out on their own, covered in fresh earwax
How do I prevent this it's embarrassing as hell, and occasionally messes up my clothes.

Now post music. I won't start.

What's with the v-shaped op pic.

Flat is justice.

hydrogen peroxide :^)

What headphones ya got, user?

Clean your ears and don't shove 'em in so far.

Don't listen to this user.

That's definitely not a good idea.

anyone have these
how are they compared to the dt770-250

What? I run like a madman with iems and don't get this problem. How mucky are your ears laddo

Buying beyers past 770/880/990 is retarded.

Don't.

Flat is boring and uninspired
Balanced>>>neutral

You go first, kiddo.

I bet it's some weeb garbage music.

Whats the best headphone amp/dac and headphone combo for 2k€?

I am thinking hd800?

we don't like deathgrips here

They're biflange tips so they do go in a bit deeper than 'normal'.
Also, I clean them with cotton swabs fairly regularly. This only seems to happen with iems

>Also, I clean them with cotton swabs fairly regularly.
Don't do this. It's dangerous.

shijou.moe/imas-radio/
chiru.no
ai-radio.org/

>Weeb music
English only speaker here, user. No use on listening to something I don't understand.

This and the fulla 2 is the best value endgame.

What am I even supposed to do?

The 650 sounds like shit compared to the 800.

>HD 600
>2K€
>It's an "I've never tried anything better, so i'm going to recommend HD 600s" episode

I agree, but we're talking about the 600 here m8, and we're also talking value. The 800's are a thousand fucking dollars.

Im on my 5k€ genelec+b&w sub setup, id like some enjoyable headphones.

Surely I could get some STAX or Audeze, but the game probably ends here.

You're on a completely different level, either you're fortunate, or earn enough money to justify spending that kind of money on headphones. I wouldn't know the quality of that kind of gear and I'm not sure I care, especially when the 600's are apparently still a contender. I'd rather buy a fucking car at that money.

If that level of gear is clearly better, then enjoy it by all means It must be fucking incredible.

Past 3 o'clock @ volume wheel, fulla 2 has a little trouble with HD600. Annoying, but that's too high volume anyway.
Still, Magni2 Uber has you covered, on high gain it is godlike.

>on headphones

Sorry, I meant on audio in general. I know that speakers are technically better at the high end.

I'm not sure what to believe, You're parroting someone else or you're the same guy that spoke about this multiple times before. I'm not hearing anything weird past the 2-3 mark on my dial. Have you spoken about this here multiple times? can you explain what's wrong about the fulla past the 3 mark?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HD800 AND HD800S FAGGOTS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!

Headphones will never beat this setup, this house and this space I have to crush my chest with the lower notes from the subwoofer. I just got lucky for a while, this might end soon. Id just like some headphones with deep notes and space to escape:

>still no 600/650 update

electrostatic:
stax lambda

>implying they need any

build quality

>Implying they won't keep milking their HD 6X0 headphones

Does anyone have the Image of Palpatine wearing sunglasses and earphones?

The 600's are the best headphones I've tried but the bass won't be enough for you as a guess, skip the 650's also.

If you don't mind a peaky treble the 800's are up there, apparently.

The 800 has a new bassier version, the s?

They're apparently slightly better in general, I wouldn't actually know.

>Budget, 300 USD
>Location, USA
>Source, Motherboard
>Type of headphone, Circumaural
>Open or closed, Closed
>Comfort level, Nothing too horrible
>Sound signature, Neutral
>Past headphones, Logitech g230

Hi, /hpg/ this is my first time posting here.
Im looking for a good build quality pair of headphones after my last pair fell apart on me, i've had my eyes on the ath-50x or the MSR7 but i would prefer a pair without any noise canceling or microphone.

My primary useage would be games and listening to music such as electronic or heavy metal or classical.

Take a look at the Focal Elear. I recently acquired these and they sound gloriously slamming while somehow being open as fuck.
This is coming from HD 650, Stax Lambda normal bias, random other cheaper stuff.

For amp, I guess you'd want something with low output impedance because the Elear has a massive 80-300ohm impedance hump at 50hz. Personally using a Schiit Magni 2, but probably anything would work because they're pretty sensitive.

Why is it so fucking ugly?

>Blocks your path

Very nice

Can you name a better headphone than HD600?

Thought so. Nobody has been able to for the past few hundred /hpg/s.

I feel like he's talking about me, but that doesn't make me wrong. The 600 is the nicest sounding headphone before you reach silly money, And it's already expensive as it is.

Didnt the HD600 come out in 1998?

>Inb4 HD 600 owner
>Inb4 frequency response graphs now reveal everything

>qtip

Not that guy but yes, now name a clear superior headphone that doesn't cost thousands.

Meh, I found these noticeably worse than HD650 but still a decent headphone. Luckily I was able to compare both side by side, no HD600 was present. I feel like it's a $200 headphone I'm listening to.

What do I win?

That other user told me not to though.
So did my doctor.

>Inb4 user doesn't accept ear dildos

They're not a headphone, But I don't know anything about them, so I can't disagree with you. I'd genuinely love to try them or an iem that beats the 600 though. It would be a weird sensation.

Well fuck me. There are people with actual shit hearing, I discovered this in the military. Some of these people with hearing impairments might have these opinions and do reviews without ever realizing it.

hygiene peroxide

>found x headphone not as good as y headphone subjectively
>you've got shit hearing

You are scum.

Preferences I guess. I really enjoy the impact and extension which seems hard to find in an open set. Mids not as smooth as the HD650 but those are like the smoothest mids ever.

I dont mean to bully, but I no longer trust subjective opinions after a certain price point.

Just got a set of ATH AD1000X. Easily the sound quality of $500+ cans for $270. Can't go wrong.

DT770 Pro 80 ohm limited edition.

>
>Flat is boring and uninspired
>Balanced>>>neutral

Why not flat + EQ?

All opinions are subjective, that's why they are opinions and not facts.

Every song is mixed differently and every set of cans are usually different, at the very least in a minimal way. Mix in an AMP with that and now you have even more sound possibilities. That's why you start flat and adjust if needed. Which if you have a nice set of cans and a decent AMP you shouldn't have to.

Why not just have it sound the way you like it from every source by default, without messing with the chain?

Just got a set of $5 IEMs that I EQed to BTFO your $270 headphones.

I've had a pair of M50s for about 5+ years and the band finally snapped and I'm sick of the V shaped sound signature. I'm thinking of getting a pair of K240s so I can experience a somewhat open back sound stage without breaking the bank is this a bad idea? And does anyone know how bad the bleed is on K240s?

Cause not every song is mixed the same?

It can't be helped.

Meant for

Why are headphones so lewd?

I'd get HD598 instead.

Is this acceptable channel matching for $350 headphones?

>I am thinking hd800?
Hold your horses fampatchi, it's time for HD820 soon.

I've been hearing that newer HD650 is tonally closer to HD600.

What is this new retardation?

You decide, looks good to me. Channel balance is something that looks bad on graphs but tends not to be a problem and it's fixable.

camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-Open-Back-Professional-Headphone/product/B00004SY4H?context=search

Looks decent, HF are usually fucked on dynamic drivers, planar's seems to get it better. That treble spice tho, what are these?

That's good, not perfect, but still very good.

Want a laugh? See:

0db.co.kr/xe/index.php?mid=REVIEW_0DB&page=2&document_srl=22808

le HD600 memephone

I just tried a DT880, and there was an incredibly noticeable imbalance with the left channel at least 2 dB louder. Running sine sweeps, I got stereo shifts from 2khz up. Never had that happen before.

Swapped sides to rule out ears?

Yeah swapped sides to check amplitude imbalance. Usually I don't get stereo shifts with other headphones until around 7khz which I'm not sure if it might be my ears.

They keep getting lewder

Hey guys I'm le epik Sup Forums gaymer.
My Hyper X Cloud II mic just broke the other day and now I need a new headset or headphones and mic combo.
Budget is 250$ max.
Headphone comfort is important to me (I wear glasses). Not sure if I want open or closed ones. I guess open are fine but it shouldn't leak too much sound. Last time I got the xpt100 recommended because I said closed and it's literally a meme.

So yeah, either modmic + TBD headphones or sennheiser game one which seems to be overpized but actually pretty good.

Sennheiser GAME ONE.

Not an argument. You would like us to believe songs aren't mixed differently? And that headphones don't sound different? And that different amps are unable to make the same set of cans sound different? End yourself dipshit.

Open cans have better sound stage than closed within same price brackets. If Sound stage isn't important then It doesn't really matter.

>budget - 100 euro
>location - Germany
>source - s7edge mostly / laptop or pc at work
>type of headphone - over ears
>open or closed - closed
>comfort level - as comfortable as it gets
>sound signature - neutral
>past headphones - Ausdom M05

Hey /hpg/ can you guys help me out a bit please

Recently I broke my Bluetooth headphones and I'm looking for a new pair. This time I doubled my budget so I can get something a little nicer; maybe something more comfortable.
It'd be nice if you guys could recommend a pair with good battery life.

Also if you guys have recommendations for cheap Bluetooth in ears for working out that'd be great

Phillips SHP9500. Not closed but below budget and one of the most comfortable headphones ever. They sound damn good too.

He wants bluetooth headphones, retard.

You don't think he knows that?

m50x or m40x

m45x

Cable is detachable so he can use a Bluetooth receiver. The Bluetooth meme needs to die. They sound like shit and are overpriced. He might as well take his money and wipe his ass with it.

The M45's a better buy

>They sound like shit
Can you prove this statement?

>He doesn't know the disadvantages of having Bluetooth
Im very surprised, desu.

I don't, that's why I'm asking you to provide proof.