Why are Core 2 processors so comfy? Nothing feels as good as Core 2 based machines

Why are Core 2 processors so comfy? Nothing feels as good as Core 2 based machines

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/2303/2
tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-phenom-pentium,2366-13.html
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Precision-T3500-Xeon-X5675-3-06GHz-Hex-Core-12GB-2TB-DVD-RW-Win10-Pro-CD-/381988529728?hash=item58f04a6640:g:H04AAOSw4CFY2Sza
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Poor people develop an emotional attachment to their electronics in order to numb the reality of them being outdated and obsolete.

My parents have my Q8400 PC. It is indeed comfy. They never use it though.

>comfy
KYS yourself.

until i do my daily 24/192 flac > 24/48 alac transcodes......

>I'm attached to consumerism so everyone else can see that I'm not poor
Core 2 is still fine for casual use and even light gaming

>KYS yourself.
KY yourself

I remember a time when AMD felt better than Intel (especially Pentium 4) because of the latter's front-side bus limitations. It just felt more fluid.

Because it's hitting 100% CPU to do absolutely anything, you know you're getting your money's worth.

Is 2006 again?

>KY Yourself
K Yourself

I'm so comfy it hurts

Poor people fall into the bottomless pit that is consumerism in order to numb the reality of their life being shitty and so that they can chase the next shiny gadget and have something to live for.

Must suck to be you.

I hate this retarded "comfy" shit.

You don't have feelings or emotions?

I wish I were you.

It's only comfy because you're poor and they're very cheap. If you weren't poor, you wouldn't be saying shit like this.

I have an i5 T420 that i spent $140 on.

That is comfy.

Poor people waste all their money on the newest shiny thing.

But my main machine isn't even a Core 2 machine, its shit too (FX8350) but not Core 2. Yet it always feels good to use old Core 2 machines I got

Very poor people generally spent more money on unnecessary goods than others.

>light gaming
Higher-end C2Qs (or equivalent chink Xeons) will run modern games at a playable framerate, and you won't even have to drop to lowest settings.

...assuming you can get 8+ gigs of memory in there, which you probably can't because the board has 2 slots and 4-gig DDR2 modules are unicorn tier

most people anywhere dont appreciate anything anyway. nothing to do with poverty or wealth.

This. I've used my Phenom 9600 / 2 GB / HD2400 rig until 2013. You cannot imagine the feeling when I finally got a new computer.

I later upgraded it but it has gotten too shitty and outdated. This is the end of my glorious shitbox, I'm getting a H61 system for my bedroom this week.

>tfw bought a LOT of core2duos in 2015, mostly e6850s, for 50 cent each
>sold them for 800 € on ebay, around 6-8 € each

You kids don't know what you've got. Back in the 80s people would kill for something like a core2duo.

>K Yourself
Yourself

upgrade your core2duo to x5470 and be maximum comfy

conroes can't 10-bit 1080p HEVC mongolian cartoons

werks for me.

comfy

I have new shitlake systems though and I still feel that way, only sheep are that worried about obsolescence.

>comfy
you use that word to describe how your shoes fit

A friend just gifted me an old PC with a XFX nForce 680i lt with a E8400.

Is it good? Or should I get. Better CPU? I mean, a Q9400 it's only 15$.

771 to 775 conversion. get an e5450 or x5460

>T420
nothing comfy about that screen

Sure? That XFX MOBO is LGA 755 and those are 751.

buy an already 771->775 converted xeon from aliexpress

I as cleaning out my grandmas garage and found an old inspirion 530, it has a shitty motherboard that only supports 65w cpu. how about an e8400, and an old hd7750(already have it). Will it run off a chinkshit 300w psu?

You realize most laptops are core 2

As comfy as it gets.

It mentions the book "the millionaire next door" which really is great. It states that basically a lawyer making $200k per year with $600k in savings can, depending on his lifestyle, be poorer than a mailman making $40k with $200k savings. Because if the lawyer loses his job his lifestyle (and an expensive divorce from his wife) will basically bankrupt him within two years.

Also always invest in the index

KY Self

I have a core 2 quad. The piece of shit can't even play 1080p60fps videos on YouTube.

But at least you can turn the heating off while you try.

I have a core2quad with GT120 GPU on some old PC. It can play C&C generals at medium lol

i have an X5470, can't complain. it's a great CPU

i just wish i had more free time to enjoy the goddamn thing, working full time sucks

> c2q6600 non-oc
> 100w idle
> 140w stress
> i5-3470 non-oc
> 30w idle
> 80w stress
sry mate

This

Core2 is only comfy if you live with your parents and don't pay the electricity bill

Turn off a lightbulb user-kun. You made up the difference.

Why the fuck are you shilling for outdated technology? Is this le new and epic ironic mene?

100W in the cpu is more than 100W at the powerpoint, psu isnt 100% efficient
plus everyone uses 5W led bulbs now

Shitty software. My p8800 (2.66Ghz mobile dual core) can do 1080p60 (just barely) in pretty much any video player other than a browser.

wat
I have a Q9450 based server with 3 hard drives that idles at ~30w and can't break 100 at full CPU load.

It is undervolted a little (board and heatsink designed for dual-core only, required to keep resonable temperatures), but it can't be that big a difference.

anandtech.com/show/2303/2

tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-phenom-pentium,2366-13.html

it will, just throw in an ssd thats like 64gb at least for the system and you got yourself a capable machine

are you from the past?

C2Q is just fine for shitposting, my dad has one. Needs a modern graphics card though. I found a GT720 2Gb GDDR5 for 20 europoors at the local shitbox emporium and it's perfect.

I'm on a Core 2 Duo E8200. How much of a performance gain will I get if I switch to a newer processor? Mind you, I'm using DDR2 and SATA II.

Any new processor is a huge upgrade

My old E6600 machine is still rattling along nicely at my parent's place and still handles their normie MS Office and browsing needs without breaking a sweat. Not bad for something that was built a decade ago. Putting together a new build in the next week or so which means they'll inherit my current 2500K system.

Wat do wiv c2d?

STFU the fuck up

No they fucking aren't

This, you're a fucking retard OP. Core 2's are junk.

That's clearly for the entire system, and apparently their test machine wastes tons of power elsewhere.

>I have an i5 T420 that i spent $140 on.
I do too. My old E8400 felt way snappier.
My main desktop has a G3258 in it right now, which feels way less snappy than the E8400. of course it's better for video games but other than that it just feels more, idk, sloppy, crufty.

lol wut

>being a corelet
wew

>STFU the fuck up
FU the fuck up

its best upgrade ever it seems this CPU will be good enough until groundbreaking stuff like DDR5 and Navi come to the market

for me best computer related investment ever because technology today is simply not worth the investment at all

>says 2 core processors are comfy
>post pic of intel core 2 quad

This was my favorite one.

I too enjoy 65w TDP and J2900esque performance.
Don't even need to mention the ancient platform that supports nothing. Truly mustard race.

the heat. the shitty ram(speed, let alone getting 2gb sticks).

Other than that Core2Quads were fucking great. And Core2Duos awesome for just low power machines.

Overclocking the pentium e5200 from 2.5ghz up to 3.75ghz with shitty board/ram was ultimate budget. Before intel got greedy and started locking overclocking.

I was leery upgrading from a Q8400 to modern. But even with a cheap i3+16gb ram the jump was pretty nuts.

Core 2's are a bit dated... This is where it's at:
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Precision-T3500-Xeon-X5675-3-06GHz-Hex-Core-12GB-2TB-DVD-RW-Win10-Pro-CD-/381988529728?hash=item58f04a6640:g:H04AAOSw4CFY2Sza

Throw in a GTX 1060 6gb and you have yourself a beast multi-use rig for $600.

This

By multi-use I meant general use as in you can consume and produce media without anything holding you back.

:^)

For me, "comfy" is the Sandy/Ivy bridge Core i processors.

6 core Westmeres, though? C'mon you know I'm right.

amen

i want to make the jump to a 2500k or similar or better Xeon with PCIe 3.0 but I don't wanna spend that kinda money on a mobo right now, especially with bills and whatnot. Computer serves me just fine

What is good about core 2? They run hotter and perform worse than newer Intel chips, but they still aren't old enough to have the management engine botnet removed.

>C2D are good for gaymen
>Celeron since Haswell outperform any C2D ever made
>Celeron are shit for gaymen

wew lad

This. 2 GB DDR2 sticks are expensive as fuck. They wanted 40 € for 4x2 GB so I decided to scrap this station and get a H61 instead. 8 GB DDR3 for 10 €...

Modern Celerons and Pentiums are powerful as fuck. They seem shitty but have similar performance on the lowest TDPs imagineable.

Actually the Celeron G530 (Sandy Bridge) performs the same as the Core 2 Duo 8600, though the C2D overclocks a little better.

I've seen what you say though. People put the C2D and C2Q on a pedestal because they refuse to upgrade, but any modern Celeron or Pentium shits on any of them. The IPC has improved way too much from those years.

Define "newer processor". Eg. a Celeron N3050 is newer but likely noticeably slower.

>old chips run hotter and perform worse than newer chips
No shit, Sherlock.

People like S775 because it's the cheapest platform still capable of running modern software.