Is Ryzen 7 literally useless?

Is Ryzen 7 literally useless?
Gets BTFO by Ryzen 5 in almost every scenarios.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_w0jNOswTjY
youtube.com/watch?v=87qPFRyDtSY
youtube.com/watch?v=JypkqwpOtNI
gtrnexus.com/single-post/2017/03/07/Ryzen-7-1800X-Review---The-Best-CPU-for-Livestreaming
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9Oubxw1gA
youtube.com/watch?v=TDvk9_iTq6Y&t=467s
youtube.com/watch?v=0lmEnA8pzHA
youtube.com/watch?v=O0oSYTP24rU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unless you really need/want another 2 cores? Yeah. 1700 is still a godly value.

Obvious lies, show the real benchmarks faggot

1600X & 480X is a godlike combo.

>x
Meme.

>gaymes
You do realize some people use their personal computers for things other than games, yes? R7 line isn't targeted at gaming. It's for intense multi-threaded applications.

Now if you're complaining that a $180 CPU is barely 5% worse in games than Intel's $350 OC'd alternative, you might just have a problem in the head. Ryzen is doing amazing, the performance/dollar is unreal, and Intel better have an answer for it soon.

The sole reason these two companies are still afloat today is because of PC gaming.

In your world, maybe. Outside of your bedroom, there's hundreds of thousands of companies worldwide that need computers for a living. Many of them need high performance CPUs, too. Maybe one day if you mom let's you out of the house, you too will realize that.
Now fuck off back to Sup Forums with shitty threads and posts.

Windows and high end GPUs/CPUs is for gaming, deal with it nerd.

In Gayming tasks you don't need an r7 - yet

>I encode videos 24/7

Most likely never will.

This dude gets it.
Most gpu are sold to gamers
Processors is 50/50 but company does not upgrade as often as gamer .

Why do you think so many games get sponsored by graphic cards?

Games force ppl to upgrade if they want to play them.

We never know my man. But for now it really is close to impossible to optimize for many breads :---D.

>gaymez

>Open thread
>Oh, surely it will be a diverse range of benchmarks from a variety of programs
>It's all games

>6 cores? what do you need 4 cores for?

>g-g-games don't matter!
>a PC with Ryzen needs a video card anyways because no iGPU lel

Raven Ridge (which is literally another shoah for Intel's mobile market) is coming.

Grow up manchild

>"video cards" are only for gay men

Please go back to Sup Forums and stay there, brainlet.

>says the comp science tween with a thinkpad

Wow it's like you're so smart and figure out something that no one knew for a decade.

If the 1500x was even just $20 cheaper it would actually become desirable.

>not testing CPUs at 800x600

FUCK OFF

Not valid benchmarks, GPU bottleneck

7700k is over 50% faster in proper CPU resolutions

Fuck off with your shill benches, a 1070 is a GPU bottleneck, testing is done on 720p with 1080ti

>720p
>not 240p

>not understanding the difference between singlethread and multithread performance

NOBODY NEEDS MORE THAN 2 CORES

you mean 1600 and gtx 1070.

>high end GPUs/CPUs is for gaming
I fucking despise you filthy "Techy"™ code monkey talking shit like you're technology.
Your bullshit isnt even meeting the definition of technology, computer science™ isnt a science, and software engineer isn't an engineer.

You're a fucking type writer monkey hired to type in the text that people who actually matter cant be bothered to do.

Why is it that so many Ryzen benchmarks NEVER show really CPU intensive games where you can actually see the performance difference?

Benchmarks such as these create a false image of the product and will make people think that the difference is only a few FPS, like it's insignificant.

They should use the FFXIV benchmark tools, those are great to simulate CPU heavy games such as MMOs. GTA5 and Hitman are also CPU intensive and in all of those the Ryzen falls flat.

because AMD paid for this and it makes them look bad

>Are Xeons useless? Gets BTFO by i7s
This is you.

emulation is extremely CPU bound and so far Ryzen just werks
youtube.com/watch?v=_w0jNOswTjY
youtube.com/watch?v=87qPFRyDtSY
here, have actual games
youtube.com/watch?v=JypkqwpOtNI

?

Isn't that game still in beta?

>1600 and 6600k
>leaves them at stock

Full retard.

Most of the money is in enterprise. AMD might make some respectable money from consoles.

>1700X at 3.82

That's actually SLOWER in singlethread than the 1700X at stock since XFR and turbo are disabled with overclocking.

>gtx 1060

if it was a better card the difference would be much bigger

No it's not in beta, I don't see how that would matter anyway.

The Stormblood benchmark won't change at all.

this every tiem
muh 720p 250fps!!! intelz!!!

I've read the console contracts were very low margin but hey better than nothing right?

Feel like proving it? I'm seeing one ryzen bench there and the difference is like 5% on 1080p low settings

gtrnexus.com/single-post/2017/03/07/Ryzen-7-1800X-Review---The-Best-CPU-for-Livestreaming

On top of that, it's from March 8 so no BIOS, Windows or AGESA updates
>Stormblood (considered version 4.0 of the game) is the upcoming second expansion for Final Fantasy XIV, after Heavensward. It is expected to release on June 20, 2017

Lol? Keep being deluded.

I'm disgustingly reminded of people who use day 1 benchmarks of a 480 against a 1060.

Though I can't completely blame Nvidiafags, each driver update might as well brick their card.

>i5 7500 on par with i7 7700K
rly makes those electrical neuron connection form new bonds with each other

(You)
perfectly proves it.

Besides, check out those benchmark sharing threads on the ffxiv forums if you care so much about it, the gtx 1060 gets around that 12k score, a 1070 is around 14-15k and a 1080 should be 18k+.

So that image you shared isn't a good comparison since the GTX 1060 can only push out so much performance.

And Stormblood comes out in less than two months, the benchmarking tool is already out. What are you saying, that they didn't optimize the benchmarking tool or something? It's seperate from the main game you dumb shitter.

It only proves that there's a lack of toplogy fix present in the benchmark for Ryzen, as expected since the game is a few months from release.

What exactly is your intention? In heavensward there's a small difference but you completely ignore it for a beta game, as if numerous games haven't been patched for Ryzen already.

don't pair nvidia with AMD, nvidia intentionally cripples performance when you do

Are you actually retarded or just pretending? The benchmark you sent is LIMITED by the GPU.

It is like benchmarking the latest DOOM with a 1800x and a 7700k on a GTX 480. There won't be much of a difference. I swear people like you should just shut up if they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

>We tested at 1080p Boarderless Windowed mode at low (Standard Laptop) preset settings. This way the GPU was not the limiting factor.

[autistic screeching intensifies]

>What exactly is your intention?
Shilling, the number of games with bugged ryzen performance has dropped to one third from launch, so Intelfags are really desperate for even beta games.

>The benchmark you sent is LIMITED by the GPU.
Gaming is always limited by the GPU dingus.
it's 1070 only the complete retards chase 200FPS in CS:Go when 4k monitors and 4k GPUs are becoming a thing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9Oubxw1gA

youtube.com/watch?v=TDvk9_iTq6Y&t=467s

ryzen is shit

But Intel is much shittier :)

I see you've got no more on the FFXIV issue, that's cute.

Hey, hey, wanna see something funny?
Intel reported a -12.6% revenue drop in Q1 2017 in the Client Computing Group, the same quarter where they released Kabylake laptops and desktop in January 3rd, so an entire full quarter of revenue from a new gen and they still lost more than the last Q4>Q1 transition that didn't have a full quarter of revenue on a new CPU.

Isn't that hilarious?

This is why you never buy gen 1. Wait for gen 2.

>Gaming is always limited by the GPU dingus.

>post 10 benchmarks that are limited to one/two cores
>i3 does the same as a $350 and $1700 i7

i7 gets BTFO in almost every scenario amirite?

>games
>every scenario
saged

1600X is a 6-core 1800X, why does it surprise anyone that it has faster single core perf than the 1700? 1500X is clocked higher too.

>Ryzen + 1080Ti + DX11

Pretty sure we know what's happening here, and it objectively has nothing to do with Ryzen performance.

>buggy launch day results for 1700
>patched, refined results for 1500/1600
WOW NO WONDER IT RUNS FASTER

Thank fuck by the time Pinnacle Ridge launches these toplogy issues along with EFI issues will be fixed.

Ryzen 7 is good if your gonna keep it for a few years as more and more software gets multi threaded imagine 5 years from now what's gonna keep up better the 7700k or 1700 for example

Name an example of serious heavy single thread workload.
Everything that matters rocks on 8 cores.
>Ryzen is adequate and competent for gay men
>Ryzen wins in mixed workload like streaming/recording
>Ryzen wins in heavy workloads like content creation, simulations, rendering, CAD, CFD structural analysis, dynamic analysis whatever.

Playing CS:GO in 640*480 on a Titan Xp is as good as a synthetic benchmark, nobody really does that.

Hell, even 40 fps in 4k on lows is a better experiencebetter than 100fps in 1080p.
The fidelity and crispness of the picture is a fucking superb experience, once you go 4k you never go back.
All those 100+ fps gay men is a jewish conspiracy to sell the old shitty TN panels that nobody would ever buy other vice because they are shit.

>Gets BTFO by Ryzen 5 in almost every [game] scenarios.
Fixed for you.

Want a cheap CPU for gaming? You will probably be just fine with Ryzen 3, considering how thing goes. Then put the extra $100 or more into the GPU, done.

Minimums are better on higher thread CPUs though

>Name an example of serious heavy single thread workload.

You're being retarded because you don't understand the correct question to ask. Sayinmg gaming is gpu limited because games can use multiple cores is retarded. There are many instructions that a cpu will do - you saturate a cpu with enough of them and that will be the limiting factor - even if every thread is crunching the same data as not all stages in a cpus (or gpus) pipeline are as fast as others.

You can easily bring any hardware down - even with most of a chip sitting idle - if you hit it just so.

>Is an objectively more powerful CPU useless because of my video games can't use it correctly?

No.

seconding this
look at both usage and framerate
youtube.com/watch?v=O0oSYTP24rU

Is Ryzen 1600x and a GTX 1070 the best combo for 144hz 1080p?

>because
Not because.
I'm saying that real gaming situation is either
>ryzen with a low end GPU - 1080p gayming
>Ryzen with a hight end GPU 4k gaming
Works just fine either way.
>Playing CS:GO in 640*480 on a Titan Xp is as good as a synthetic benchmark, nobody really does that.

If you're building your PC for games exclusively the unlocked i3 is your fucking choice.