Any Hellenophiles on here?

Any Hellenophiles on here?

Seriously, everything about Greece I love. The food, the drink, the history, the architecture, the weather, the women, the music, the language, the nature of the people. I'm even looking at teaching English over there just so I can live there whilst working.

Who gives a fuck if they can't pay denbts, that's one fault over millennia of great history.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.in.gr/blogger/?cid=977
youtube.com/watch?v=FH6T7gPSEcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll ruin this thread:

modern greeks do not have anything to do with ancient greeks

I'm not a mere Hellenophile, I am greek.

>Hellenophiles
It's philhellenes, you dirty peasant

I'm a Hellenophobe.

>the food
Overrated, unoriginal and not even that good in and of itself.
>the drink
Nothing special about their beverages.
>the history
The most interesting part of this country, but has little to do with the modern state of Greece and is not unparalleled.
>the architecture
The only thing worth seeing are the crumbling ruins of its ancient past, the actual buildings are mostly awful-looking, just take a look at Athens (inb4 muh blue-painted roofs).
>The women
Hairy, swarthy and entirely ordinary for the Mediterranean area.
>The Music
Nothing noteworthy.
>The Language
Inferior to any of the Romance languages (with the certain exception of Romanian and possible exception of Portuguese).
>the nature of the people
What, lazy, ungrateful people with a victim complex? No thanks.

They write in the same alphabet and are pretty much ethnically similar. Sure, the culture has changed and modern Greek culture owes more to the Byzantines than ancient Greeks, but it's still always been a great country.

It always has to be a dutch faggot, it's either one retard or a bunch of turks since your shitty country is a Turkish colony by now

I love their mythology! The one that gods just fuck what ever that moves.

Feels nice being appreciated :3

>Greek entered the thread

I'm out, I have a phobia for those annoying, lazy, hairy cunts.

>Overrated, unoriginal and not even that good in and of itself.
Dolmades, sagnaki, spanakopita and moussaka are amazing. You've not lived until you've had a Greek meze.

>Nothing special about their beverages.
Mythos is objectively the best lager.

>The most interesting part of this country, but has little to do with the modern state of Greece and is not unparalleled.
The Byzantines had a huge influence on modern Greek culture.

>The only thing worth seeing are the crumbling ruins of its ancient past, the actual buildings are mostly awful-looking, just take a look at Athens
>(inb4 muh blue-painted roofs).
Athens is a bit dirty but the villages on the islands are gorgeous. Orthodox churches are always aesthetically pleasing. A lot of Venetian and Ottoman influence there too. And yes, the blue painted roofs are nice too.

>Hairy, swarthy and entirely ordinary for the Mediterranean area.
Mediterranean women are the hottest white women.

Greece has the highest aids rates in southern Europe kek

I know this post will evoke all the Sup Forumstards on here to throw a stormweenie fit just because you're Turkish and talking about a European country, but your Ottoman ancestors were massive lovers of Greco-Roman history.

WE

Her Majesty’s ambassador here is probably the most philhellene diplomat

blogs.in.gr/blogger/?cid=977

excellent greek and he writes like a poet

t. moor
I like Greece. I feel like we're too close to them.

>I want to waste my life in a christian arab country

>una faccia una razza
Greeks are bros

he clearly doesn't know shit about Greece and is just a memelord. See
>What, lazy, ungrateful people with a victim complex?

>Ottoman ancestors
I have none, sorry.
Also, I like greeks, even though they hate us with passion.

Just imagine how cool an G.o.T like adaptation of the Greek mythology would be.
Well it would include some creepy human&animal sex scenes but I think we can overlook it.

God of War is good enough

>even tho they hate us with passion.
None hates you senpai.
You have to understand that Sup Forums is not an accurate representation of the real world

>Sup Forums is not an accurate representation of the real world
Yes, but in every turkey thread, there's always one turk hating greek guy. I guess they're just shitposting.

SENPAI the 4chinks are a cesspool of shit.
Ofc you are going to find shitty ppl in here

And vice versa,two or three turkish flags or diaspora shitting greek threads.

pay denbts:D:DD:D:D

ΚΑΛΗΣΠΕΡΑ ΜΑΓΚΕΣ
>FEELS GOOD TO BE GREEK

Just kidding, komshi.

>TFW this guy will probably make the best gyros you'll ever taste.
>TFW I'll never taste it

Τhis guy posts in every Greek dating group on facebook, he's a top meme.
He doesn't get any replies and it's pretty sad

>dutch

Really? holy crap thats sad

I've been here for two years since i moved from Greece, your people are exactly the same, but rich. I have a roommate that is dutch, 38 and lives by his parents. If this guy lived in Greece, he would most probably be homeless

Not by any means denying that Athens is ugly, the people are not as lazy as the media makes it seem. Also the dutch people that hated on Greece and generally other countries and people are shit-tier villagers that steal sugar from the coffee stores (not the weed ones :DDD)

/profile.php?id=100004119704743&fref=ts

>Διευθυντής at Opou Thelw Re...Logariasmo Tha Sou Dwsw...

>Διευθυντής at Opou Thelw Re...Logariasmo Tha Sou Dwsw...
I don't know if I should cry or laugh atp.
Its this fucking bad

Trust a snake before a jew and a jew before a Greek.

>Any Hellenophiles on here?
Definitely not.

ruse me once, shame on you

I've heard that your girls are of questionable morals (roasties)

>girls of questionable morals
>says the neighbor and close friend of scat/piss obsessed germoney

No need to insult us, Finngolia
Scandinavian is much more cucked than we are, deal with it

Germany will never be worth Holland's left nut

>Scandinavian is much more cucked than we are

>5 years in jail for holocaust denial
>"hate speech" investigations every day
>a MILLION rapefugees
>piss-tier gun laws
Yeah, ok.

Don't force me to post the pictures, my friend

Why do you post pictures of Kurdanimals and Gypsies under Turkish flag you phaggot? If you like them so much we can ship a bunch to your country for some enrichment.

Greeks are good people. Turks are cancer.

We are Greeks, Greeks is what we are.

youtube.com/watch?v=FH6T7gPSEcs

>tfw no yorgos fuckkboi

post thiti !!!
>dikapote

Glad we're not Scandinavia:^)

Greeks and Western-Turks are the same people, but with another language and religion (in the most cases)

the why do turks living in west thrace look like gypsies?

Greeks of Sup Forums
Is it nice to live in Greece
Do you like Italians and Canadians there
If they speak Greek
Are your universities hiring

Please respond

It's nice if you have health and money
We don't give a shit about foreigners
Nobody's hiring in Greece, buddy :^)

Last I heard the "Greeks have to pay debnts xddd" thing was just a meme and most people were fine

I'm not Hellenphile, but I do love Greece. Cool history.

It is not a meme, the situation is really bad

>Greeks of Sup Forums
we are Greeks, Greeks is what we are
>Is it nice to live in Greece
as long as you avoid all the third world immigrants, they are fucking everywhere, you can go anywhere without getting harassed
>Do you like Italians and Canadians there
I don't believe we have any, westerners are adored though, they are a breath of fresh air in a sea of immigrant shit.
>If they speak Greek
sure
>Are your universities hiring
even if you get hired you're gonna make peanuts
I suppose you can find an assistant professor position easily with a good cv, you're gonna be making $2k which is pretty low
>Please respond
yes

real greek thread

Thank you for responding
Salaries are really that low even in education?

How is cost of living there

Dude if you make more than 1k you can live like a king desu.

well yeah, they are insanely low compared to western standards, got lots of family/friends working as professors in universities.
the rent is pretty low, the prices of food/stuff is a bit higher than Germany's because of taxes( almost %24 on everything ) and because Greece doesn't produce anything and has to import everything.
We also have capital controls.

Greece doesn't grow any food??

I'm used to high taxes where I live, Quebec is notorious for ridiculously high taxes. (15% sales tax and nearly 50% income tax)

Interesting though.

Is it easy to live a simple lifestyle there?
(Buy a small plot of land, settle down, et cetera)
Has the crisis ruined everything?

We're living a great depression, and people are pretty much going crazy from desperate.
But sure you can buy some cheap land and settle somewhere if you're planning to live in the countryside away from the cities.
But you can do that everywhere in Europe.
I don't know would anyone do that in a corrupted failing communist shithole like Greece. Who knows though, maybe if Golden Dawn gets elected things may change for the better, since everything else has pretty much failed why not try them. Just joking, I really don't know what the retards that voted for the current government were thinking.

Majority of Gypsies in Turkey resides in Thrace region fyi. They certainly are not Turks

I'm not too concerned with government issues and I prefer to live outside major cities yeah

I think I'm just attracted to the weather/landscape/culture/ability to have a nice garden unlike here where our growing season is 2 fucking months and we can't grow olive trees
Plus the language is nice
Am I being stupid?

I remember the /gr-tr/ friendship threads from way back , they used to be pretty comfy

>and are pretty much ethnically similar
xaxaxaxa what the fuck? according to who? how can you just pull something like that out of your ass and actually decide to post it

let me put it this way, the amount of people talking to themselves on the street and looking out of it has increased dramatically in the last couple of years.
I hope the crisis would drive away all the gypsies and immigrants back to eastern europe/middle east where they came from, but it didn't, it just attracted more of them, because we're heading towards a lawless society.

>Is it nice to live in Greece
depends,what kind of climate is your favorite
rainy/comfy places are in epirus(ioannina etc)
sunny/hot is pretty much every coastline place
>Do you like Italians and Canadians there
italians we love,canadians we have no problem with,most people recognise the palce becasue they have a grandpa ther or sth
>If they speak Greek
it's kinda required for everyday life
>Are your universities hiring
i don't think so my dude

you can avoid the immigrants and the insane if you don't live in a big city
every huge metropolis has immigrants and poor people,the fuck you think

I should not have to avoid immigrants in my own country, that I fought for it, my ancestors didn't lose their lives so we can have scum of the earths coming here and thinking they'll do as they please.
Someone spilled his blood so we can be free today, and this is a thing that immigrants don't get and see Greece as their sandbox.
THEY came to us.

durp

>Mythos
Gotta stop you there bongpal. Mythos is stereotypical pisswater lager. If your gonna talk about good drinks, you have to mention homebrew Ouzo that someones uncle brewed innawoods. And I mean the kind you eat with food, not the store shit slags go dry hammer on.

I love Greece

liar.
it isn't brown and gay enough for you yet.

> I really don't know what the retards that voted for the current government were thinking.
People got tired of the bipartisanship of ND-PASOK and their austerity program, and wanted a party to change the situation,that wasn't KKE or Golden Dicks. That simple to understand. We just hoped to get out of IMF and troika. And Tsipras fucked up tremendously. It's like having a Samaras 2.0 (or a PapandreouGAP 3.0 , if you will). That, from a former syrizoretard

>Mythos is objectively the best lager.
I must be like, the only greek in the world, that likes Vergina out of all greek lagers.