It has now come to my attention that there are phones out there that are more powerful than my desktop PC...

It has now come to my attention that there are phones out there that are more powerful than my desktop PC. Have phones reached peak performance or can we expect steady gains with every following iterations?

How did they do it bros? Talk about this shit, Snapdragon 835 thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=FsUl37gVG9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SNA-DLQEmQU

That is a flagship, top of the line smartphone. Even a mid-range 4 year old AMD laptop can emulate Dolphin at full speed if it has discrete GPU in crossfire mode. Your PC is just an old piece of shit. Specs plz.

>SGS8 is more powerful than my desktop PC
what are you smokin

>Gamecube games
>Not even Wii games

WTF is your desktop a RaspPi?

Beat me to it

Why is Exynos so fucking shit?

goes to a tech broad and says phones are stronger than PCs lelelel

Just like what said PCs have been able to run Dolphin at full speed for awhile now. Both my ThinkPad and my custom build can run Dolphin with no problems both Wii and GCN. (Not all games can be emulated perfectly though no matter what the build is)

>has literally no reading comprehension
>unable to get words out properly without mixing up the letters

It was clearly hyperbolic, this thread was about the significant advances in mobile chipsets for 2017 with benchmarking that actually means something instead of just a silly score.

Wtf I love smartphones now

android ditched jit long ago

someone sounds like a normie phagg over here, hows your samsung s8 or iphone 7 treating you. better than your pc already ....oh wait you must be a richfag right ?

>Says phones are better than his pc
Someone calls you out
>Yeah I said that but I didn't mean it like that, I'm not completely retarded, I swear!

hey man, never said i was, also never said i was good with English.... i swear

Well if English isn't your mother tongue, then ignore my shit talking

I think my Xperia Z2 can beat my 2007 desktop PC.

Phenom 9600 2.3 GHz vs Snapdragon 800 2.3 GHz
2 GB DDR2 vs 3 GB LPDDR3
HD2400 Pro vs Adreno GPU

I know ARM has a lower IPC but Phenom I didn't have a good one either

That CPU is literally 10 years old. A doorstop has more computing power than that thing.

Yes but this thread is about phones being more powerful than a desktop computer. This was a powerful desktop in 2007, at least the CPU. Compared to a modern desktop phones will be always less powerful, but they run on a few watts therefore.

it's better in every way than shitdragon when you're using both as smartphones, not as emulators you manchild.

> there are phones out there that are more powerful than my
>15yo
>desktop PC
You are retarded OP.

Dumb eurofaggot.

>Says phones are better than his pc
>Someone calls you out
>goes to a tech broad and says phones are stronger than PCs lelelel
>says phones are stronger than PCs

What? No one implied that phones were more powerful than all PCs.

no im an american. US gets gimped phones

>That atrocious input lag
Fucking android

>Final Fantasy 3 requires 2gb of ram, a 2.4ghz pentium 4, windows vista and 800mb of disk space
>Final Fantasy 3 also runs on a first gen Nintedo DS with a 67mhz CPU, 33mhz coprocessor, 4mb of ram and the entire game fits on a 128mb flash card

Optimization for what it runs on is what makes it seem more powerful.

>now it's acceptable to churn out even shittier apps because having 4 gigs of RAM and octa-core processor in a phone is expected

>4:3 game stretched to 18:9

phenom 1 series was never considered powerful by any metric. it was garbage.

Same shit.