Can Firefox make a comeback?

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/collection/topselling_free
donate.mozilla.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

no

yes

Will there still be an internet in 2020?

no

i'm content with normies leaving firefox alone

Purging the gorillion of lines of XUL spaghetti code might actually be a good start assuming they manage to port enough extensions.

Can you stop shitposting?

Only 20% of extensions are even compatible with the new format.

no

sad!

Are they finally dropping XUL for good?

i think no

btw, is it just me or video on firefox are really shitty.
Like i cant fucking watch 720p 60fps video on youtube from firefox, they are laggy, but on chromium everything is ok

this

The mobile version is already better than chrome

Kek, no. It uses more ram and still performs worse.

I hope.

RAM ain't a problem. Even a 150$ phone have 4GB of RAM now. The problem is that the UI is a meme and as you said, still performs worse.

t. Normie

What is standard >3GB RAM on flagship smartphones?

In Germany, Chrome is far behind Firefox.

your homosexuality is showing...

>firefox is slower than chrome
chrome is pile of shit on old phones, for me, nightly was the same speed as gello (chromium optimized for snapdragon) but i drop it eventually because nightly has superior extension support

Stop embarassing yourself, I have a S3 mini and Firefox performs like shit on it, even the stock Samsung browser is better. Like user said it uses more ram than Chrome and still doing worst.

Firefox has to be the most contrived and sad browser out there.

>Germany
I hope you are treating your grandpa well.

No. The past few versions even started not loading exhentai images for me.
Had to downgrade.
Fresh profile didn't helpt at all.

>dropping the only thing that appealed to the people in the first place
????

How do you see that rank?

Yes
>IE beat Netscape, then Firefox beat IE
Soon, Firefox will beat Chrome with QUANTUM and RUST

play.google.com/store/apps/collection/topselling_free
Scrolling down a lot and then use ctrl+f
With Tor I tried getting a US IP and checking ranks there. But Chrome didn't appear among the top 540 and it wouldn't go further down.

i use too many extensions on mine (tree style tabs, multiple tab handler, copyurls expert, noscript, umatrix etc)

i'm currently using 51.0.a2 or something like that because with newer versions, some of the extensions wouldn't work. lately (a year or so ago), i just stopped the thing from auto updating, since the faggots kept breaking my extensions for no gains whatsoever

if it ever gets to the point where i can't use it anymore (browser version too old or whatever), i'll just have to use one of those hacked together python engines over the browsing engine and customize the browser myself or something. there's no way i can use chrome or edge with the way they currently are. there's literally no good extensions for either one

i'm sure there's enough users out there with similar problems to mine though, so if firefox gets to the point where it's just another chrome skin, i assume someone will eventually start gathering enough competent people to make a browser for competent users

>contrived
Tell us more, professor.

Those are the most searched apps, not the most downloaded.

I don't think so.

comeback? it's better than everything else regardless of market share.

besides, see

They are, the list is the same I get on playstore.

No shit, it IS the play store. But the list is still "Top (free) Apps", not "Top App searches".

Servo engine written in Rust could bring firefox back into the lead but that's not going to be for a while. Waterfox is pretty smoooth

Most searched for me.

Makes sense since most phones already come with Chrome. Now take a look at the user base.

When it was just google beating them out, they had a chance to come back. When they started screwing themselves over, it because a lost cause.

They should have marketed themselves as a browser for power users instead of trying to become "Chrome-lite: crap edition." Just look at Tech TV/G4.

Yeah, they should have catered to < 1 % of their user base. Instead of >99 % of it.
You know, they do partially base their decisions on telemetry data. They know their user base better than you.

Nobody cares about Germany.

Except power users block telemetry. G4 also did the same shit. Tech TV never got huge numbers, but the shows were cheap to produce and had a loyal and dedicated market. As such, it made a bit of profit. Then it combined and became G4, which tried to be Spike-lite. Eventually cable companies so no point in the channel, and started dropping it until the station went under.

The point is, they had a dedicated and loyal audience. They had the benefit of being the most customizable browser and so on. Rather than capitalize on that, they decided ti try to be Chrome-lite. At that point, why would anyone bother using FF instead of chrome itself?

>Backwards shithole prefers backwards browser
Figures

lol no.

They need a rewrite like they did with Mozilla navigator->firefox.
Get away from this firefox/chrome dichotomy and make something light and fast.
Their js engine is so old and slow, that's why chrome is so fast, V8 js engine is fast

I hope firefox lives because I'll take anything but a browser based on shitty slowkit or its derivatives.

Samefagging , spidermonkey used to be considered fast, but now a days the web uses so much js only V8 is fast.
They need to rewrite spidermonkey before they get pounded into irrelevance and never recover.

Once normies think firefox is slow, and it's getting there, they'll never adopt it again

>2017
>not still using Netscape because there is literally no reason not to

Firefox Developer Edition still let's you used old extensions.

I don't care. I use it.

yes it does but at least one of the extensions wasn't compatible. iirc it was multiple tab handler

Yes, if Servo + Webrender maintain their impressive performance one they're more complete. It'd also probably be better to ditch Spidermonkey and use V8. Then they'd have best in class rendering engine and best in class JS engine.

Of course! I believe it will, and we can all make it happen together: donate.mozilla.org/

The ESR still works with old extensions, but that is only delaying the inevitable.

That's actually a useful tip.

It's where Ableton is based, so I do.

I am a Pakistani and in Pakistan everyone uses firefox. Hardly anyone care about chrome.

Netscape is dead.

To make a comeback Firefox would have to stop trying to be Chrome and work the only strength it has: customization.

That's not happening, so they won't come back.

>S3 mimi

If America can make a comeback from a communist takeover with Trump, then there's still a possibility Firefox can too.