Why the FUCK aren't you learning a programming language in your spare time? You are officially out of excuses

Why the FUCK aren't you learning a programming language in your spare time? You are officially out of excuses.

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.me/view.php?id=1412347
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i'm suicidal. there's no point learning anything if you eventually will kill yourself.

There are people you can talk to about your problem, seek help.

Because I'm too busy posting threads on Sup Forums telling people to learn programming languages.

Don't do it user. I tried twice. And as much as everybody says it, and you might not think it's true, shit gets better.

But I am

Good for you! what language? I'm learning Python

Fortran 77

Same my dude. I do just enough to keep up appearances.

work out and get on adderall

will save your life, son

i learned FORTRAN, C and Java in uni

then learned python on the job

went to grad school and am becoming intimately familiar with postgresql, as well as some basic responsive JS web development

im also doing some reading on C++ on the side because i want to learn how to do real high-performance programming but i don't have any ideas on what to do with it... can Sup Forums give me any? my field is geographic information systems

I'm too stupid and this

I did, then I stopped when I realized being a fucking code monkey leaves you in the weakest possible career position imaginable outside of being outright unemployed.

I'm a Director now. I know enough to lead a project and manage developers, earn about the same and gives me some say in the business processes.

>I'm too stupid
Ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy? Anyone that isn't literally retarded can learn how to program, including you. I'd recommend you start with an easy to learn, high level language, such as Python.

too tired from javascript and python 8.5 hours at work every day

Because I already know enough C++ and Java from my CS course to read other peoples code, use Python, powershell, bash all day every day for task automation and have good enough understanding of Scheme to have fun doing dumb shit in it in my spare time.
Fuck writing code for a living and fuck learning languages from textbooks.

>Anyone that isn't literally retarded can learn how to program, including you
you've never met me. i'm really fucking stupid.

what's ur share ownership?

Oh my...

I use Windows which has no real programming tools... only apps... at least I can play Candy Crush in my free time xD

Not OP but since how much time you were on adderall ?

Because i took some concerta and i snaped after a year, everything was more interesting, i felt full of energy but I had to drink the evening to counter the anxiety coming because the effect didn't last enough.

This. Feels bad man.

>I use Windows which has no real programming tools

I learned a bit of ruby in order to make a discord bot. It went well but somehow my ruby installation was limiting me from it's full potential (windows ruby was a mistake)

Now I'm learning a bit of javascript to make a JS version of that bot, even bought a raspberry pi to host it instead of my laptop.

What does the bot do?

Pretty simple stuff. Simple responses, youtube/google search...the most advanced thing I made was a tumblr search feature so people could search up art resources from a certain art blog.

I wanted to make a bot for artists and art groups, a lot of artists use discord and I don't think there are any bots that capitalize on that. Something I hope to put in the JS version is picarto stream notifications

You're assuming there people on this board don't already know a few of them.

If you already know more than one language, your time is better spent writing something real.

I'm semi-suicidal and have no motiviation. Can't even convince myself to go outside.

Because I'm learning electronics in my spare time. I already know 3 languages. Why learn more when electronics gives me a so much deeper understanding of technology.

There's no point in doing anything because you'll eventually die of natural causes, either. Might as well take the time you have to enjoy yourself.

t. Self aware brainlet

Iktf. Doesn't help that I just woke up at 5 pm and only have an hour or two if daylight left.

How do you know you are stupid? Maybe you just haven't applied yourself.

Because I know several programming languages now and have began to consider most of them to be basically the same. I can pick up and use any c-syntax style language and start using it without a proper introduction by using a search engine as needed. I choose to spend my time enjoying myself rather than learning a slight variation of something I already know.

I'm learning Python with codecademy, but I'm a brainlet so I get stuck on exercises a lot.

I also failed a python algorithms course in CS in uni, which is the second introductory course

I'd recommend reading this.

libgen.me/view.php?id=1412347

There are a bunch of Python books at my house that my dad bought, since he's in IT too. I'm just too lazy to actually go through and do the shit. I'm planning to retake that python course in the next fall term.

>majoring in CS
>failed a Python course
top wew

i know, i know it doesn't get any easier from here

my excuse is that i never put in the effort to finish assignments and labs, neither did i study enough for the exams

i'm seriously considering taking a year off or switching my majors.

Definitely don't take a year off. If you don't enjoy programming however, you should switch to a different major

i might have to take a year off because my GPA is like 1.x and I'm going to be required to withdraw. there are also the option of appealing or doing a fresh start program.

i don't enjoy programming because it's so stress inducing. i don't know what else to switch into though, i already switched from chemistry because i started hating the labs.

my uni career has been a disaster, fuck. I have a GPA of 1.8 first year and 1.3 second year. in the middle of the winter term I had to drop out because I was hospitalized, so I had no chance to bring this year's GPA up

I wish I could've went into engineering, but I was too lazy to finish retaking a course in correspondence.

I've tried to learn several languages and I understand them fine, I even understand data structures and the like
My issue is always how to create those data structures and how to have them work correctly, etc
Do you get better at doing that over time or am I just a brainlet?

everyone I knew who took a break never came back

What are you good at? What are your hobbies and interests?

>everyone I knew who took a break never came back
what did they end up doing?

i want to go back for this spring term, but my psychiatrist and my parents say it's better to just take the time off and relax my brain. i'm screwing up my uni gpa

>What are you good at?
it seems like nothing since this this uni shit.

>What are your hobbies and interests?
my hobbies are doing audio engineering (mixing/mastering stuff) and [spoiler]kpop[/spoiler]

i used to be interested in chemistry because I did well in grade 12, but quickly got sick of it after first year. also i hear there are fuckall jobs for a bachelor graduate

Those who can't do, teach.

What are you waiting for?

are you saying i should go into education?

Those who can't teach, teach gym.

Only if you can't do.

>tfw the only reason i stick around is because i fear the possibility of hell

you don KNOW ME

I took a year off after 2 years of pot smoking and fucking around. Now I am one year away from graduating with a computer engineering degree.

A break is what you make of it. For me it was what I needed to reignite my passions and find a reason to work hard in school.