I have to argue against brexit in a class debate in 3 days

I have to argue against brexit in a class debate in 3 days.

What should I include in my arguement?

Other urls found in this thread:

nu.nl/economie/4219133/ing-volgt-grote-banken-bij-brits-vertrek-eu.html
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-23/ing-s-hamers-follows-hsbc-in-warning-brexit-to-hit-london-jobs
youtube.com/watch?v=vZOr0vMz3AM
brexitthemovie.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf really?
>muh economy/jobs
>muh peace/security
>muh stability

wtf i hate america now

If you want to be accurate don't use emotive tactics, the British have zero emotional affection for the EU. As far as even the most devoted Remainer is concerned its mainly an economic issue, plus in the case of the Labourites they think the Tories will sell them all into slavery without the (overwhelmingly more left-wing) EU to protect them. The "Project" leaves us so cold that Remainers have to actively deny that blobbing into one country is the EU's inevitable goal.
Besides the economy, there's the stability issue, the fact is that without an anglo country to bring prestige to the project the continentals will be back to eating each other within the year. This is the main reason why the Americans support our membership.

>Besides the economy, there's the stability issue

Pretty much, if you follow the stability line you've got a solid argument. I had lunch the other day with some finance lads and the real worry is with brexit (I hate this term), is that the financial world loves London for stability and its slow/resistance to sudden change.

Brexit creates a serious risk to that reputation.

>oh no, won't somebody think of the bankers!

something tells me this won't resonate with a lot of the population

Greece and France have done great in the EU!

When your entire economy is underpinned by the financial sector, I'd say maintaining it's stability is pretty important.

Still voting leave though, fuck those greasy continentals.

>When your entire economy is underpinned by the financial sector

That's not a good thing

Yeah well you can thank Thatcher for that, she killed our manufacturing base and so we became the ultimate banking jews.

go for the national self interest line.

IE talk about control over fiscal and monetary policy

Business might flee to the EU due to hurdled the EU can throw up to countries outside of the EU. Which could hurt the economy.

The EU guarantees peace while almost all of Englands old enemies are in the EU.

The UK can be one of the big three in the EU, while it will become a small country on a world scale without the EU.

*hurdles

but you're American?

And those are bullshit claims. We were strong before the EU, we can be strong after the EU if we put our minds to it.

>Business might flee to the EU
No they won't when the whole thing becomes crumbling down/unstable. When we leave, everyone starts to leave. Why would businesses want to flee to something more unstable and risky?

Because fact is the UK will become an (economic) competitor to the EU. And the EU is bigger than the USA.

I'm in favour of a brexit, but the UK might really lose all their influence over the EU.

It's what the banks say themselves.

nu.nl/economie/4219133/ing-volgt-grote-banken-bij-brits-vertrek-eu.html

The English source bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-23/ing-s-hamers-follows-hsbc-in-warning-brexit-to-hit-london-jobs

>Thinking Statically

When we leave, others will leave. Like I said the whole thing will crumbling down, and the EU will no longer be bigger than the US.

We're more influential than all of the EU member states.

>Believing banks
They probably want to stay since they get benefits of the UK being in the EU. When we leave, it may be very different.
Besides, if they do part ways with us, then they'll see their end in the EU's grave.

Make a bunch of shit up, but make sure to proclaim it very loudly and with greatly unfounded confidence. Insert humour when possible.

It works for Trump so it might work for you.

>When we leave
>When
>w
>h
>e
>n

The UK has attained special snowflake status in the largest single market with many opt outs and exemptions (Euro, Schengen, further political integration etc.) while still maintaining significant influence in it.
As part of the EU it benefits from free movement of capital, good and people.

We will.

we are overwhelmingly a service based economy. nearly 80% of it is services, its why we're world leaders in it

youtube.com/watch?v=vZOr0vMz3AM

Easy meme points to make:

Backed by

The ifs, IMF, oecd, world bank, bank of england, Treasury + pm + leader of the opposition, leaders of America, China, Australia, new Zealand, Canada, italy, France, Germany and all major UK allies

Loads more but that's some entry level stuff you can look into

congratulations, welcome to the leave campaign

The Netherlands is the closest ally of the UK in the EU. And we're also fairly Eurosceptical and the most likely country in the EU to follow the British example.
And I'm pretty sure people here will not follow the British example, because the influence of Germany over us is too great.

The UK is the backbone of Euroscepticism in the EU and they keep the EU in check. Without the UK to back them up the Eurosceptics will lose their influence in the EU and Germany and France will push their European agenda freely. The superstate will become a reality much quicker. Things like the European military will become a reality right after the Brexit.

>Implying they aren't both as bad as each other

I think many European politicians think of the UK as a trojan horse undermining the EU. They would welcome a brexit.

What disadvantages would there be for the rest of the EU if Britain went independent?

Why... American people should not be learning about British politics, damn you're cucked, either that or your education is shit.

Why are Euros posting about Trump all the fucking time then

>Other countries aren't allowed to have opinions on our politics
t.an actual retard

Stability again - some people are afraid what such a movement would bring.
Shifting balance of power - especially people who disagree with policies proposed by France and Germany would be upset at loss of UK perspective
It could also make remainder of EU look weaker and less credible (as if that were possible lol)
And depending on negotiated terms of UK's continued involvement in common market, it could hurt EU economy and shrink the market.

I am just watching this

here you go, just cons doe

brexitthemovie.com/

>stability again
As in others wanting to leave the EU, or something else?

>Germany's influence over us is too great
Then, make sure that influence wanes. Germany is evil, and should never be respected or followed. Their only reason for existing is for destroying Europe and civilisation: they destroyed Rome, they destroyed the British Empire, they will destroy Europe in its entirety if we don't do something.

Well political instability is one thing, and some politicians do say they are worried (or are looking forward to) cascade effect.
Another is financial instability, London is an important financial centre and any disturbances to it would be felt in rest of Europe as well (and rest of the world) because of how globalised financial market is.

>they destroyed the British Empire
We...we did? Nice! I didn´t know that!

>Being proud of destroying Europe
Surely German. Fucking subhumans.

germany/french power is balanced by the UK in the EU

a black dildo and some lube

My dear perfidious Albionian, learn to read.
I would only take pride in that the Vaterland destroyed the inhumane, imperialist, opressive cancer that was the Brutish Empire, if we would have done it.

>I have to argue against brexit
don't do that, they're clearly manipulating you
argue that in fact brexit is the way to go

tell them it's the way for the real british people to survive
tell them also that it will finally destroy the eu and save the european peoples

(it's all true btw)

>some people say that they're worried about(or looking forward to) the cascade effect once Brexit happens
Which are you?

>others are worried about another financial collapse if London's desirability as a financial center is called into question
That seems like it would be bad, yeah.

>opressive cancer
>Germany
kek, 6 Gorillion mate, never forget

>Which are you?
Neither. I don't think brexit would have such dramatic political consequences, although I'd rather that this not be put to the test.

We don´t forget as we have learned from our mistakes. What about you? What about the countless people all around the globe that were butchered by the british? Do you think about them?

Because you aren't the only country affected when the most powerful country decides to elect a moron.

Make it for an American audience. Tell them that Brexit will make Britain into a powerhouse again and that the first country they'll come gunning for is the US. Stoke up that weird, latent fear of our monarchy all Yanks seem to have for god knows what reason.

Then he doesn't have the right to complain that some Americans are trying to pay attention to Euro politics

For those wanting to stay in the EU so we get access to the single market, why doesn't Britain just leave the EU and join the EFTA?

I thought the EU already said you'd be blocked from that if you left

>Be Norway
>Be in EFTA
>STILL make monetary contributions to the EU
>STILL have to allow freedom of movement BUT ON TOP OF THAT SCHENGEN
>STILL follow EU regulation BUT HAVE NO SEAT AT THE TABLE
>b-but muh fish at least we're not in CFP

no

>our mistakes
Not all of them, cause you're plunging Europe again into hell.

Empires are violent, all of them, there has never existed a peaceful empire. We developed most of the world, but we also fucked a lot of it up. But you can't be perfect can ya. And no I don't think about them, our empire didn't get destroyed like yours did we gave it up, Because of that we weren't forced like you to feel ashamed.

Norway, Swtizerland, Iceland and Liechtenstein are part of EFTA and so still have access to the single market and have different relationships to the EU (EU Lite, if you will)
Our negotiations after we leave will decide what our relationship with the EU will be

Kill yourself as you can not make a single argument for staying in the EU

Do you really think there will be negotiations if you leave? The EU will punish your asses with Visas and taxes if you leave.

I know they will, I'm saying the negotiations will decide exactly what the terms of the new relationship will be. Of course after us setting a leave precedent the EU will be harsh, but there probably will be some kind of deal made, not least of all because of the brits living abroad and EU citizens here

Are you touched in the head? You think the EU will just embargo us or something?
Get real, lad. You can't afford not trade with us.

I'm an in voter btw, my post didnt make is explicit

Because EFTA is the worst of both worlds, you get no influence in EU policy and have to abide by all their regulations