>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJa1_w-rRrZpD7HDDEXq1gy969SqapV0UH07rh75hAKPJIWg/viewform?usp=sf_link
amazon.com/84-Key-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01M18ADGD
adafruit.com/product/1535
ebay.com/itm/Tai-Hao-Purple-on-Dark-Gray-Black-Top-Printed-PBT-Keycaps-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-/272306898675
aliexpress.com/item/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/32791274444.html
youtu.be/Rvlp6g_hNbw?t=75
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1fsALtGXo&t
m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32598358025.html#autostay
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For that user who wanted a 96-key keyboard, ZZ96 group buy came outta nowhere

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJa1_w-rRrZpD7HDDEXq1gy969SqapV0UH07rh75hAKPJIWg/viewform?usp=sf_link

holy shit

>$300 not including switches, stabs, and keycaps.
No thx the AMJ96 is also chinese and 1/3 the price if you don't get the special snowflake case. Shame they sold out of the cheap version.

I've never owned a mechanical keyboard, but I hopped on this drop a few months ago. What would be a good (relatively cheapish) babby's-first-mechanical-keyboard to pop these on to?

I should probably say TKL. I didn't get the numpad set.

magicforce 68 with gateron switches

I'd love a white iso version of the minila but it's too much monies, an hhkb jp (which has the same layout) is surprisingly cheaper.

I'll go to AMJ96.

I fucking missed it again!

amazon.com/84-Key-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01M18ADGD

2minimal4me, user. I don't even have the keyset for that type of layout.

That doesn't look too shabby in white, but what about an 80% board? And I don't mind spending upwards of $150 at most. I just meant, no crazy $300 boards.

AMJ's good too

What was it?

But how are Outemu switches?

What if I want a full size keyboard? Any cheap alternatives?

>full size keyboard

Mmm. I don't think my keycaps include a shift that would fit on the right side. Got a standard 80% layout you'd buy?

What's the best bluetooth controller I can build into my mechanical keyboard?

Adafruit sells a good one, but out of stock and relatively expensive (+ infamous adafruit shipping fee):
adafruit.com/product/1535

On AliExpress there's HM-10 or HM-11 for 5$, but it'll be a bumpy ride software-wise.

Those are the only options I'm aware of.
If you end up figuring something out and getting something working, post your results here, because I'm also interested in figuring out Bluetooth.

Does anyone know the size (in standard units) of ALT and CTRL on old 101 key ANSI keyboards such as Model M? It appears to be 1.5 like modern TAB keys - is that correct?

Yes. I just finished bolt-modding an old Model M so I have one in front of me and they are 1.5U

Thanks a lot for the info. Oh and, do you know the size of the spacebar?

why don't they make a layout that's 60% but with a function row. call it 70%

>Signature Plastics

7U

Thanks.

Damn, that one is gonna be quite a fucker to find.

as much as I fucking hate you, I do like the aesthetics of those keys. Do you have a link for them?

Why do you hate me?

ebay.com/itm/Tai-Hao-Purple-on-Dark-Gray-Black-Top-Printed-PBT-Keycaps-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-/272306898675

get these instead

aliexpress.com/item/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/32791274444.html

>full size

lol but seriously, the main reason i got a mech kb was because i got fed up with my huge ass membrane keyboard which kept getting in the way of my mouse. also because the rubber had degraded so the keys felt absolutely dog shit tier to type on.

Got miami dolch for my pok3r. Let the waiting game begin.

Can I buy a board with the switch already soldered on it and buy the keycaps separately?

Wasdkeyboards

They don't sell white cases.

>Haven't used a mechanical keyboard in years.
>Build new PC, upgrade from laptop.
>Trusty, faithful laptops shitty keyboard is all i know
>Buy a Ducky one.
>Australian, mechanical keyboards are like unicorns here.
>tfw fudging most sentences.
>The keycaps are meant for a backlit keyboard, but this isn't one.
>Fuck you ducky.

Moving to America soon, what websites do you fellas get the dopest keycaps from?

aliexpress

signature plastics if you have big boy money, otherwise AliExpress got the dank knockoffs

Thankyou cunts very much, i appreciate that.

Of all the sub-culture groups on Sup Forums, you guys are the least combatively autistic, and i appreciate that.

Does signature plastics make azerty keycaps?

>Why do you hate me?

You take terrible macro shots because you always end up zooming out too far to include muh gunz in the shot.

They make DSA and uniform SA profile caps which can be rearranged in any layout you'd like

I'm talking about the shit printed on the keycaps.

yeah and the profile is uniform so you can swap q and a for instance

We don't have the same shit printed on the numeric keycaps.
This is a pretty big deal for me.

Look for a group buy with an international kit then

Like go to Massdrop and search for miami dolch

>Why do you hate me?
I think you are very cute :333

gonna pull the trigger on a hhkb, but which one /mkg/?

How noisy are MX brown?
I got MX blue and I love them, but the noise is just way too much.

like a bag of sand

Just as loud, different pitch

Get reds and o-rings if you want the most silent mechanical cherry board

Are MX clear a meme?

Literally youtube
youtu.be/Rvlp6g_hNbw?t=75

Are there any smartphones with buckling spring home buttons/volume control?

Don't you mean blacks and o rings?

Welp, I'm converted. Always thought it was a meme to spend so much dosh on a keyboard. Only bought this because it was on sale for dirt cheap and it amused me to own a keyboard with 'Lolita' written on it, but holy shit it's changed my computing life.

So what's a good step up from here? Tenkeyless, non-knockoff blues, not fussed about RGB, etc. Hard mode: ISO plz.

yes

Forgot the pic of my cheap shit.

What am I in for? Was it a mistake? Did I get memed on?

Should've gotten a Razer® BlackWidow™ 2016 Ultimate Edition.

which ones?

all of the iphones, also the 4g ipod nano

Is there any point paying ~5$ for a 100 pack of o-rings locally instead of ~1$ for a 100 pack from china? Is quality control at all a concern with o-rings?

its motherfucking plastic rings

the $5 pack is probably made in china anyway. buy from china if you aren't in a hurry.

>Linear Zealios

Yeah but like thickness binning and shieeet

Don't want my travel distances to be uneven by 0.001mm you know?

now he's pushing it too far. at least with tactile zealio it's allegedly an improved ergo clear but this is just ridiculous.

Jesus Christ, what the fuck?

Motherfucker. It's gonna be goddamn Christmas by the time they ship this nonsense.

There are a few chink keyboards that come in white like the magicforce and plum. While they do have keycaps on them, they are so cheap it would still end up costing less then a WASD keyboard if you buy keycaps for them.

What kind of switches to they use?

>improved
It's pretty meh, actual ergo clears are better, but gateron browns are the best ergo clear equivalent. They feel like ergo clears, but they're smooth too.

Is Topre an edgame?

Outemu, gateron, cherry, kailh, greetech, topre clones, etc. Which switch type are you looking for?

>fell for the massdrop meme
>fell for the Planck meme

My first set of after market keycaps are supposed to be delivered today. They're one of 5 or so sets that come with a 5.5 spacebar and im the only order on Ali so ill post pictures and stuff. Worried that FedEx won't leave it, don't get home till 6.
Which of these boards uses a standard layout so I have more options with key sets: ak33 drevo exclaibur and gramr, plum 84, noppoo nano?
I don't know enough to be able to just look at them and know

Cherry.
Do you have any links on ali or ebay?

Eww. Get gaterons instead.

quite happy with my hhkb for how quiet it is but the obvious drawback to topre keyboards is the huge markup

this

which layout do you want user?

ISO

60%? TKL? full size?

Thoughts on the Anne Pro RGB Wireless Gaming Mechanical Keyboard?

Here's a video:
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1fsALtGXo&t

tkl

Hello /mkg/
I'm looking for a new keyboard to use in my livingroom for some typing and light gaming - my noppo choc mini has blue switches and is too loud, my old G11 is too bulky - I want something quiet, flat/ slim without spacing between keycaps (like a ThinkPad keyboard)
>tenkeyless or smaller
>wireless optional
>backlight optional
>mechanical would be a plus
Any suggestions? Looked up amazon and local markets but everything they offer looks like macbook ripoffs

I don't know if you want RGB lighting, but here is one with it.
m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32598358025.html#autostay

See

Not ISO.

ISO fags need to realize they're only harming themselves.
Admit you've lost and convert to the superior ANSI -- it'll be better for the world.

first for i just bought a pok3r

is this good

y/y

i think it's good

Butthurt faggot with tiny enter key.

>ISO
Yuck. Go away please

You aren't fooling anyone. ISO is shit and I'm glad I made the switch.

The only butthurt people are the ISOfags who cry about getting less support from keyboard companies and group buys. You're minorities within a minority, suck it up already.