Mastodon is going to revolutionize social media. Mark my words

Mastodon is going to revolutionize social media. Mark my words.

github.com/tootsuite/mastodon

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mastodon-is-like-twitter-without-nazis-so-why-are-we-not-using-it
gs.smuglo.li
unsafe.space
ediot.social
fediverse.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

By banning others because of freespeech.

Also redflag on mastodon: almost everyone has their prefered pronouns in their bio.

Just use minds.com it's just better.

That has literally nothing to do with the software. Instances are free to (or not to) moderate discussion as they please. If you want an instance where nothing gets deleted, create one yourself.

It would be cool to build a imageboard on top of GNUnet.

GNUnet is pretty dead.

The big problem I see is the feature to completely block other instances being abused. If everyone is on mastodon.social and your instance is blocked by them it's useless.

But only like 10% of all users are on mastodon.social

Except you can make the instance which you moderate yourself. Or join the one which simultaneously isn't banned on most instances and supports free speech. Not everyone is sensitive fag, user.

It didn't revolutionise anything, friendica and GNU social existed long before it. But it gained a bigger and more active community, so that's a huge stepin the right direction. And UI is better as well.

It was an example. You'd still lose a huge chunk of the network.

thete are no preferred pronouns or censorship. we even has lolis. i think most instances dont want to federate with us but we dont need them since pawoo likes being friends with us.

i think the fact that nobody on ours tags their naughty posts as sensitive is going to make federation a real bitch. isolationism is strong.

Usually the violators aren't blocked - they are silenced. This means that you can federate with users directly, but you'll not show up in the federated feed.
Right now most leftist instances use toot.cafe's blocklist which is publically available on their github page, so you can use that as the reference.

What a joke. The UI is just a ripoff of tweetdeck. Dumb fagots can't even be original and anyone who's relevant will be on Twitter. Mastadon will never be anything other than irrelevant losers.

That doesn't make it any better.

>Mastodon is going to revolutionize social media
Fuck off SJW tranny.

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mastodon-is-like-twitter-without-nazis-so-why-are-we-not-using-it

Noone forces you to join the SJW instance.

I'm not the one reading Motherboard, m8.

Awesome, why did they use a picture of a wooly mammoth though?

Nah, Pleroma is. But until that's finished, postActiv works.

Mastodon is just a bad implementation of OStatus; GNUsocial and postActiv are fucky PHP but definitely respect the specification better. That and their developers are less retarded. Sure, Maiyannah is still a massive cunt, but you can always ignore her as well as the Patreon and just use the FOSS postActiv software. It's just a fork of GNUsocial, after all. Whereas Eugen has made entire design decisions based on his personal politics and seems to actually be trying to trademark the Mastodon brand like Red Hat.

Plenty of good instances like gs.smuglo.li and unsafe.space are out there. Hell, ED is hosting ediot.social now. Check out fediverse.org for a list of non-cucked instances.

> Still no dislike button

Why?

Downvoting makes a website worse. It's why ycombinator is so much better than reddit.

>Mark my words.
Sure buddy.

Downvoting isn't the problem with Reddit. Downvotes making shit less visible is.

In the end it's all about the community, I think. I agree that a higher char limit could bring interesting things, but if the community is already geared towards SJWisms like said, then it doesn't really look much better than twitter.

It doesnt have to affect the visibility of a post just like with minds.com

Just to show what a the general population thinks of some ideas

No one ever uses that and you know it. Most users of anything will use the default settings.

Why do you care what other people are doing?

That's the whole point of social networks. Why post something if no one is gonna see it?

If you are trying to foster good discussion and most everyone is using the defaults, the forum will turn into nothing more than a circle jerk because most dissenting opinions are downvoted.

They said the exact same thing as podricing.
And look at its grave and laugh.

It's dead because Diaspora is shit.

This thing isn't.

They need to get better at naming things. 'Federation' and 'Instance' are not something normies would understand without explanation.

If you can't understand either of these concepts, you are mouth breather and I do not want you to share a community with me.

If it doesn't use middle-out, it's not revolutionary.

from what I understand if im in instance x I can only see toots from people from instance y if someone from my instance follows them. if it's really like this I have no way of reading toots from someone on instance z. why would I use this if it restricts what I can see? one of the things I like of twitter is that if feels global, mastodon seems its made for small group of people that want an echo chamber