LAPTOPS START AT $189

WOW!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs
microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows is now free so there you go

What is that

Probably some entry level laptop. You know, the kind of hardware Sup Forums would never buy

Surface Laptop: 13.5-in PixelSense display, 4 colors (Platinum/Burgundy/Cobalt Blue/Graphite Gold), Alcantara-covered keyboard, Windows 10 S
Starting at $999 in USA

Yeah, no

Does it run Linux + GNU?

Is OP's a surface laptop? Looks kinda comfy, but dunno if the specs are worth it.

Yeah, I just reverse searched the image. Too bad the keyboard is covered in a fursuit.

I love cheap chink shit laptops. I usually buy 1 decent laptop every 4-5 years and a budget laptop

also:
Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB of RAM and 128GB of SSD storage.

Doesn't look like anything special to me. Wouldn't bother buying.

>fursuit
Who thought that was actually a good idea. It's gonna be disgusting as fuck after a few months of use.

So basically a MPB competitor? And they don't even list battery life

Where were you when Apple was kill?

At home, using pic related

>1k laprop runs a cloud based OS that cant install non windows store apps
What are they smoking.

I'm straight unlike you, I use Gentoo.

They outright compared it to all 3 current macs on stage, 14 hours video playback

Even if they have it locked down so you can't install another OS on your own you can pay them $50 to upgrade to W10 Pro.

Still stupid that it's not the default option.

>cant install non windows store apps
has this been confirmed? lol

what use is to be straight when you're a virgin?
youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs

if you can unlock the secure boot, yes

imagine how cheap a laptop could be if it didn't come with unnecessary shit like a camera, microphone, bluetooth, optical drive, Windows, SD slot, and power adapter.

>you can't install another OS
>if you can unlock the secure boot, yes
So which one it is? This seems like a better bet to run a distro on it.

>I use Gentoo.
prove it

Looks nice, minus the suede top, wtf is that?

google.com/search?q=What does "even if" mean

We don't know yet but we most likely won't be able to unlock it without dark magic.
People found out how to disable intel ME, surely some wizard will find a way to unlock it

Yep.
microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-s
W10S is what was called Windows 10 Cloud in the old leaks.

Lol so funny. It's like hardwire a laptop to prevent tampering with the OS is even impossible, silly me.

Hopefully they'll find a way, see above

fucking MS

>suede

It's not suede, it's alcantara. Alcantara is composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane, giving increased durability and stain resistance. The appearance and tactile feel of the material is similar to that of suede, and it may be incorrectly identified as such.

>Windows Home is probably cheaper than S
Why would I pay extra to have a dildo in my ass?

It looks like for now it is exclusive on the surface laptop.

The best part is the ability to still install non-store apps on S

What is this meme? I have my eye on a laptop that'll be like $100 less if I buy it without windows 10, so this is great news if you're serious.

>1.6ghz Celery core with 4gb ram and a 250 GB conventional drive

wtf I hate Celery now.

My bad, it was just the free upgrade thing. But I remember reading somewhere that they will make Win10 final and it'll be rolling release from now on. Also supposing you have a license laying around you can just upgrade yourself to Win10. Alternatively install linux

its at times like this I wonder
are shills on Sup Forums real or are they just people
pretending to be shills ironically
or are they shills from other companies trying to make it seem as though companies are shilling their products so we hate them

They're pretending to be shills ironically in order to kill any and all discussion about a thing that they don't like. And the idiots on this site fall for it every time.

>And the idiots on this site fall for it every time.

I can see Sup Forums hasn't changed much.

camera and microphone probably come under $5 each including all R&D and whatnot, bluetooth must be like 50 cents, optical drive $5, windows is nothing etc etc

Iris is good though

So Windows 10 S is designed for normies I see

Pic related is the Surface Laptop which starts at $1000

Back in the 90s, beige computers would turn a disgusting yellow color after 2 years, reminding you that it's time to upgrade because after 2 years, it really was truly obsolete garbage, unlike today.

This is no different.

I really hate that fucked up cursor keys. Seriously, why do they keep doing this? Is it so much to ask for normal sized cursor keys?

Highlight for we was the THICCCC teacher Melissa Wrenchey

They do it for aesthetics.
Most people don't use the terminal and these laptops literally DO NOT let you use the terminal unless you pay up for win10 pro

>This is no different.
It is very different. I don't have to touch anything other than my keyboard, so a yellow cabinet or crt is ok.
And I can just clean my keyboard. Fursuit will just collect dirt and sweat.

Only the shitty 13" MBP

I don't know a single normie who uses the Windows store.

What's with the sudden influx of winbabbies, fuck off back to Sup Forums

Got my mom something similar (and at that price point) to replace her previous netbook.

She just needs it for light office and web browsing, most of the markup was probably the 32GB SSD (most likely a joke) and pre-installed Windows 10.

Wish they sold it without an OS.

Same. The only people i know who use it are forced to (exclusives such as games) or have windows phones.

KYS faggot. Go back to r/linux

>shitty 13" MBP
But it's so fucking comfy :'(

>cant install non windows store apps
Wtf?

Wew

Specs?

720p, TN, 2gb ram, 64gb flash, ARM,

I just hope they just make a sandbox for not only in Windows Store programs but also outside that.
While maybe it's true that it will make windows rewrite the code, but it's so obvious w$ just want to jew out you so you upgrade it from S to home or pro edition.
I hope they would make it for non-Windows Store soon or later though.

Fursuit is pretty great. It's the same material that's on the keyboards of the surface pro and those hold up to stains n shit.

It's like the lining of my lambo

More worth it than a MacBook air or MacBook pro, that's for sure.

Better specs and a touchscreen with surface penis and wheel support? Microsoft is the new Applel

1080P Snapdragon 625, 4GB ram

WTF are you talking about

Watch the surface laptop reveal you retard

>"no"

It's like they decided to rip off Chromebooks but they missed the entire fucking point.

Sure slim down the system to an i5, keep the ram the same. $499 or even $699, this might be feasible.

But christ $999 for a laptop that can't run normal apps, is underpowered for what you pay for, and when people have been waiting for a refresh on Surface Pro line, What the fuck are they thinking?

Someone needs to be fired for this.

>touchscreen
dropped, but that's my personal bias

Jesus fucking christ. Please tell me you can wipe it and reinstall Pro at the very least.
Who would buy this shit? I guess it's supposed to fall between the Surface Pro and Surface Book but the Surface Pro seems better in every way.

>missed the entire fucking point

No, you missed the fucking point. Chromebook Pixel was $1200 and couldn't do one tenth what this does.

Makes no sense, disable the touchscreen in the bios or just don't use it? It's not like apple shit doesn't have glossy screen.

The Chromebook Pixel was $999, had 8GB of RAM, an SD card slot, higher resolution screen, better build quality, TWO usb-a ports, and TWO usb-c ports, and came out 2 years ago.

seems to be US only.
Windows 10 S is prolly even illegal in EU since you are forced to use Edge as your browser.

You can install Windows 10 Pro for free until December 2018.

>LAPTOPS START AT $189

Yeah, we all know you can get a T420 for less than that. Big deal.

This has 16GB ram

>On March 1, 2017, Google announced that it is stopping the laptop line as sales are low

So what does this do again compared to a Macbook that you can get for $999 or any other laptop with the same specs - touch screen that you could get for less?

If you pay $2,199 for it sure.

Remember seeing a $200 Chromebook cracked open and it looked like it consisted of a raspberry pi

for $999 you only get 4gb

what do you expect for $200
$35 mainboard
$15 storage
$75 screen
$20 keyboard and trackpad
$25 battery
$30 case

Considering this is supposed to compete with Applel I suppose an exception can be made.

I can get a x220 for that price or less.

You need to fuck off and leave to a place where normalfag tech is allowed, like retarditt

even apple gives you 8gb on their $999 macbook air

No it can't because you get substantially more on Apple.

And I fucking hate Apple.

Guess they sacrificed increased ram for a better screen and battery life.

>substantially more on apple

Substantiate this

8>4

if you configure it the same as an MacBook Pro w/o Touch Bar (i7 option for Iris igp, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) it's $1599, so $100 more than Apple.
If later on the Win10 Pro upgrade isn't free anymore, you have to add another $50.

i don't even own it and i already fucking hate it

>I can get a x220 for that price or less.

Your X220 will give you 40 minutes battery max.

t. X220 owner

Why are you lying?

>Windows 10 S
>Not just rebooted Windows RT but somehow fundamentally incompatible
Microsoft """products""" everyone

Are you retarded? I have an x220 with a 9-cell battery and it lasts 9 hours with medium brightness and WiFi on.

You could have criticized some other things like the resolution and screen, but you went for the one thing that is great in x220.

It's for the new generation that they hope begin using computers this way

>be a normie who doesn't own a laptop
>hey this doesn't seem too bad
>The Surface Laptop will run on a new version of Windows called Windows 10 S. It’s a simplified version of the Windows operating system aimed at classroom use that can only run content from the Windows Store. Windows 10 S laptops will be able to run full desktop programs so long as they’re available in the Windows Store, unlike Chromebooks.
I don't even want this shit. The Windows Store is empty and this isn't going to fix it. It's gonna be like Windows RT all over again. You're paying a thousand bucks for a gimped version of Windows.

It's like retards don't look past face value. You can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for FREE until December 2018

configured the Surface Laptop like base MacBook Pro, which forces you to an i7 to get the comparable Iris IGP and eDRAM.
not Apple's fault that MS doesn't offer an i5 KBL-U2+3e.