What is wrong with my 560Ti?

Should I bake it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9aZZxNptp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that a t1 tesla I see on your desk?
good nigga

No Beyerdynamic T70
Will probably buy the highest model next time, awesome quality, will last forever

put it in the oven --A.Hitler

were you running an extreme oc? might have cooked a vrm. in that case try underclocking it.

otherwise yes. remove the cooler and bake it.

No, got it from Ebay.

How much better is it over the dt770 if you know?

yes apply lots of heat to the GPU solder joints

Can you file a dispute?

Then return it. Who knows what they were doing to it.

I had the DT770, its a noticeable difference, but much less bass. I would recommend them as T70/90 cost much less now.

I'm going to bake it now. I did not buy it on Ebay directly. I'm not sure if you have Ebay "local market" (Kleinanzeigen) in your country. I paid 10 € for this card so I'll just sell it as defective if this doesn't work.

The card, smells like from a smoking household, but looks OK to me.

stripped screws n the cooler mount. Maybe they just fucked up the thermal paste job. It's definitely been apart before though.

There was a bit of thermal paste on the PCB and VRAMs, but not much. I'm preparing the oven now.

hopefully it works. I fixed an old syncmaster logic board by baking it at 375°f for 10 minutes in a baking sheet on top of loose tinfioil balls.

Contaminating your oven and every fucking meal that comes out of it with heavy metals just to inch and extra week of usability out of some ancient shit card.

>buy used gpu
>bake it in the oven
Really savin money here user

Its not shitty, I need a VGA output and something that might run ME3 and MEA in 1280x1024. I have a GT 530 but its fan is defective and will emit terrible noise all the time.

Also

it WERKS

successfully installed the driver (it went black when i had the stripe issue and tried to install)
I'm going to downclock it and try how it runs on 3D

130° / 30 minutes btw

keep updating, i have a 560ti as well, used it for a solid amount of time but recently it blew up and i've got green lines everywhere. If your bake job works, i'll try it myself

As you see it worked... I'll 3D test it later. You can't make it more broken than it is already. Just try it but don't forget to remove any plastic parts.

>discord
jump off a cliff

what? Discord is much better than Skype, Skype turned into pure brown shit since 2011.

How many meme coins were you mining on that GPU?

heh.
habe den exakt selben monitor als secondary.

made in 2005, still going strong.

die tage kommt endlich mein ips monitor... habe leider sonst nur einen 4k displayport monitor der mit vga/hdmi nicht geht
None, I bought it for 10 € a few days ago
I wanted a GTX 460 first but this one seemed better

What's wrong with Discord? It gives me an excuse to get rid of Skype, so I'm happy.

I'll just wait for my 770s to break (never)

expect to bake it again soon

Just sell them or keep them... I wish I had the 770s for my bed, I currently use DTX910 here they still work but they don't look so good anymore.

I know, I'll bake it as often as it wants to, maybe I'm getting a GT 1030 somewhen. This is my "HTPC" but I expect to run Mass Effect on it.

BTW, it runs hot as fuck but it works. No crashes or instability.

I just use my 770s for everything, as they are fairly efficient. I can only imagine the tesla drivers are more efficient. Since I just ordered a meme tube amp, I think they're going to sound better than a noisy receiver, so I'll hold off upgrading until I actually need to.

I highly doubt it'll work for long. I'd try to get my money back.

84 degrees Celsius is hot but not necessarily too hot so long as it doesn't go above that. Let it run under stress for 20+ minutes and see if it gets over 90 degrees.

Tesla helps a lot when you use it on shitty devices like my 2006 mobile phone. I also have a 200 € sound card but it doesn't make much difference. Better spend everything in the headphones.
I tried that, my PC turns off when I try to run ME Andromeda. At least I know my 300 W PSU has a safety function. I may get a 650W CombatPower next week, I know its shit, but still better than mine and free for me.

Now watch this video and realize why your card will break in the next few days:
youtube.com/watch?v=E9aZZxNptp0

at least you should watch from 8:20

I feel like it was just installed in the pci-E slot incorrectly.
I've had a few GPUs do that

If baking helps, it will only be a short term solution. Throw it out, and while you're at the electronic waste bins, dive in and choose a new card. Bring a screwdriver.

Wait, why exactly did OP bake his graphics card?

this is one of the oldest tricks in the book, actually
leaving it in at a high temperature for a short amount of time makes it just hot enough that cracked solder joints will automatically reflow and create a complete connection

it's the same reason why the Xbox 360 towel and oven tricks work the way they do

Get a new one to replace it and keep that one in the corner somewhere as a decoration. It looks cyberpunk as fuck.

No, I tried it multiple times in both my PCs.
Unfortunately I don't get a GPU for free, but it will prolong its life so I may buy a 1030 or 1050 somewhen. I'll need a HDMI 2 port for 4K but not before I have saved enough to buy a 4K TV.
It sometimes prolongs their life by one year or more. I'll see how it works when I have a proper GPU. MY GT 530 handles ME Andromeda @640x480 with 30-40 FPS, this one should do at least 720p nicely.

It will be used as a display output for 90 % of the time.

>playing Andromeda
lose a bet, or something?

I've had a reballed gtx 480 going for years now
It toasted itself and gave me black squares after it was left on a program that would randomly bring it between 0 and 100% load for like 2 weeks
Literal gpu hell in a factory.

Boss said I could try and fix it, baked it, worked just fine. It got a 50mhz downclock and has been used in everything from a media center pc to a shitposting box
Now its currently filling in for the truly dead gpu that was in a friends Haas milling machine. When he gets a new 780ti for it ill have it back for the next project

No. I currently only play MP. ME3MP still feels better but the Russians have taken over and theres nothing to farm for me anymore.

Don't bake your shit, you fucking retard. This baking disinfo needs to stop.

>i don't understand how a shitty reflow is essentially the same thing as sticking something in the oven for 10 minutes

The card already broke so why not ?

>DON'T DO THIS IT CREATES MUSTARD GAS
or some similar meme

let me guess you got this second hand on the cheap from a bit coin miner

(-.-)

>mining buttcoins on an nvidia gpu
doubt it, they were much slower than AMD, especially in the fermi days.

That's bad though, 8 minutes at 200C is recommended.

you gotta be retarded if you think plastic emits gas when burned itS FUCKING PLASTIC AND MORE THAN LIKELY THE METAL ON THE GPU WONT MELT

>he doesn't know the mustard gas meme

but if there was plastic that would melt it's possible to release toxins but very small trace amounts. I doubt anything on the PCB would melt at 375 though

yeah it kind of goes without saying that you take off the cooler and whatever else you safely can

Get a blunt and get baked with your GPU