Which linux distro do doctors use?

Which linux distro do doctors use?

macOS

Probably this.

We use windows

Private hospitals: Windows 10

Tax-funded hospitals: Windows XP

I'm a med student. Never ever came across a non-Windows machine. There's some extremely specialized software being run on top of Windows. Think radiology software for magnetic ressonance and computerized tomography machines

Only hope you have of seeing us use Linux in some form is developing an electronic medical records systems that runs on browsers and target private practice

>I'm a med student.
Get out of Sup Forums

Had a tooth implant put in yesterday and the torque for torque wrench to drive the screw into my jaw was controlled by an iPad.

w-why

I'm a programmer also

Sure you are

whatever the fuck the sysadmin of the facility provides.

gentoo

Which linux distro do (fluffy) teachers use?

Probably Windows
My Computer teacher use Debian

Most doctors tend to use really old Windows versions because once they opened their office they bought all the specialized software they needed and then just keep using it forever. Because medical software is expensive as fuck.

My dentist for example uses Charly XL with Windows 2000, and my GP uses Vista with dat shitty glass theme kek. Haven't seen anything newer than Win 7 in a doctor's office or hospital, yet.

Weebshits are fucking retarded.

If doctors were to use Linux they would probably most likely run Ubuntu or Mint.

MacOS is not a Linux distribution, it does not use the Linux kernel it is based on UNIX.

Debian.

I feel like it would be this

I set up an EMR system served via web browser for a nonprofit optometry practice.

Running on Debian on an in-house server.

The whole practice could use Linux (everything they do is web based), but they get free Windows VL so there's no compelling reason to move.

windows xp

>fuck

That's pretty cool. I did an internship at a neurology/psychiatry practice, they also had a central server rack with an integrated scheduling/EMR system running on computers via a really shitty client program. Not sure what the server ran but clients ran Windows.

The thing was really bad. It invoked some windows equivalent of cp -R to back up the mysql database's platform-specific binary files, and you could bypass the authentication prompt by doing some weird stuff. I would be surprised if anything was actually encrypted. Application looked like some win98 interfaces mixed with custom green shit. It frequently locked up or straight up crashed and people frequently complained about the program