Your country

>Your country
>Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Canada
No, I am close to cutting them off

I wish I had a good family

Good. Ever since I found out dad smokes he won't stay out of my damn bud though.

Of course.

1. Russia
2. Very good relationship.

You guys are lucky.

I wish we could re-roll our families if we didn't like them once or something

When I was a kid I didn't like my parents from how much I got beat. But I don't resent them and we talk.

Yup, funny since i am a shitty son

Best parents in the world.

what happen user, please tell us.

Can't pick our families I'm afraid.
Not close to my parents at all and I still (in my 20s) resent a lot of shit they pulled while I was growing up. The old man died a couple of years ago and it fucked me up a surprising amount. Try and move away or spend more time away from them and forge a new adult relationship with them. Even if they're total shits, we only get 2 parents, leafbro. /blog

Flag.
My mother and I are very close my father and I have always been at odds, but more and more I see him in me, something I don't like.

Romania
Good relationship now but it was pretty bad 5 to 9 years ago.
Their fault mostly

Somewhat, my dad is very emotional, easy to send into a rage, which makes it hard for me to respect him. Absolutely no control over his emotions and very sensitive to perceived sleights.

Mother is lovely but coddling and possessive.

We get by, I love them both.

>what happen user, please tell us.

They were abusive and they're just in general poorfags and idiots who gave me terrible advice and tried to stifle any attempts at actually becoming more successful and not miserable as them.

Nowadays it's just their extremely annoying attitude of "it's everyone else's fault we're poor", shit like that. Everytime I try to talk to them these days it just devolves into them explaining how they're victims in some way as usual

Jesus, man.

I've tried to mend it so many times, I think it's just not possible desu.

They're like meme bernie supporters personified.

>Dad keeps bitching about something
>I give him good, well-thought out advice
>"NO user that's a terrible idea, it's everyone elses fault I'm not going to do that I'm just going to keep complain"

>Try to give mom some financial advice
>Shut the fuck up user I know better than you even though I have no clue what I'm doing

i give up desu

You can still get a gf, just try, that's all you have to do.

You don't have to do anything more than just try.

It's pretty forced. My parents have showed me time and time again that my emotions as a male aren't very important compared to my delicate sisters.

My mom is also weird as fuck and makes me feel uncomfortable

My dad is also way more difficult towards me for no reason other than I'm a guy. It's always BOOTSTRAPS bullshit with him.

They ruined my early childhood by trying to raise me like it was the 1950s (only form of entertainment=GO OUTSIDE)

My mom ruined my early school life by coddling me, taking a weird obsessive interest with all the drama at school. She'd make me tell her stuff like who was doing stuff that was innapropriate so she would rat them out to the teachers and parents. Also called the school whenever I said anyone mistreated me. Always lied to me it was her, but everyone somehow knew it was me. Probably cause my mom is dumb and so were the teachers, so they'd say my identity to the ratted out all the time.

My whole family has been through some really fucked up episodes and the next day they will pretend nothing happened at all.

My (much) older cousin tried to have sex with me since childhood and they pretended nothing was happening. My aunt even cracked a joke about me "wanting" to fuck my cousin in front of everyone at a reunion and they all laughed at me. Once she fucking flash humped my leg at my grandmas funeral in front of everyone.

I don't know how I haven't snapped yet. I might have autism or something.

Then don't bother trying to give them advice with regards to that. Sounds like they probably will grow to resent you giving it as much as you resent it falling on deaf ears... Just keep it civil & off subjects like that perhaps. Idk. Wish you luck tho.

Complaining won't get you anywhere.

There are people who were homeless heroin addicts and they found their way slowly and became normal members of society.

You can do it too, you seem to have a house and parents who support you financially as well as internet and a computer, what is ONE reason you can't earn some money, buy new clothes and start talking to some people?

One reason you can't do that. Don't say "I don't know how", "I'm scared", or "it's uncertain and i'd ratehr watch anime". You have to do things you're unsure of in life, if you only attempt things you know you can do then that's pretty worthless and we would all still be in caves eating raw meat and grass.

Idk it's just annoying as fuck.

Basically the way I think of it is: I wouldn't want negative people like that as my friends or to even talk to them, would I? So why should it be different with my parents?

Still feels bad cutting them off tho.

To the spanish lad:

Just hang in here. 18 is a very important/pivotal age, focus on your own education so you can finally be independent and put it all behind you.

>why would it be different
lol. Because they're your parents, not your friends. Can't pick and choose! If they were like genuinely abusive etc. then perhaps one should cut them off... Otherwise, I think you'll only regret it. You might be different people but they made you what you are and they will always be your parents.

>She'd make me tell her stuff like who was doing stuff that was innapropriate so she would rat them out to the teachers and parents. Also called the school whenever I said anyone mistreated me

Damn, that's shitty.

I always felt bad for kids whose parents didn't let them grow on their own.

>My (much) older cousin tried to have sex with me since childhood and they pretended nothing was happening

Shieet. Boy or girl? That's pretty fucked up but if it's female cousin - male you I guess not as bad, if not then that's pretty damaging.

sucks. How you doing now? Sounds like it was sometime ago at least.

They'll only really held me back though.

Now that I'm becoming far more successful than them they're getting EXTREMELY bitter.

Whenever any talk of finances come up they get buttblasted that I've got my shit made and continue to keep it made while they don't.