Thoughts on the blackberry priv?

thoughts on the blackberry priv?

Had one for three weeks to test out. Solid device, if you miss the old blackberry keyboard thats the best you'll get.

That being said costs way too much for the chipset in it. If they added something like curved edge screen or other feature to justify the pricetag then it would be acceptable.

It's a shame it runs Android

I like it, it's a definite upgrade from my Q10.
>I'm posting from it.

>If they added something like curved edge screen or other feature to justify the pricetag then it would be acceptable
how did you have one for a few weeks and not notice it HAS a curved edge screen?

>costs too much
its $300 now, straight from BB, I'm ordering one in a few days

Costed way too much for what it was when it first came out. For $350-400, great phone for the money. Any more than that, you're overpaying.

>implying had another option

BB10OS

Too many chefs

Android is a software ghetto. They have great pizza there though, if you like penicillin.

Best phone ever. You won't regret it.

passport > *

What's the latest android version it runs?

The soft-keyboard is nice with the swipe up to fill in shit.
Never even seen the phone.

what case if any are you using? Im looking at the oem kickstand case and the stilgut flipout. i was thinking about getting the regular pocket and using it in conjunction with the oem leather pocket one, but as it stands im about to buy 4 different cases until I see some solid opinions that arent amazon reviews

>getting the regular pocket and using it in conjunction with the oem leather pocket one

getting the regular SLIDE OUT case using it in conjunction with the oem leather pocket one

Too expensive and the slide out keyboard is a gimmick for tech illiterates.

>stop liking what I don't like

The keyboard is on the wrong side.

It's exactly where it should be

Where did this fucking form factor go?

The priv is top heavy so it makes using the keyboard very uncomfortable some say even useless. Better get the KeyOne

9.5/10 phone, but too damn expensive

Such a shame it runs a 808 and still no nougat update
Would've bought it instead of a passport if not for those

priv vs blackphone 2?

Priv, then use your own private communication softwares.

yeah but priv doesn't notify about stingrays

Died in the chase for "muh thin phone"

Eh i am waiting for the KEYone.

I have one. Posting this from it using my "top heavy" and "useless" keyboard according to anons who have never even held one.

Is it the best home? No
Is it a good phone? Yeah

If you want a keyboard without having to sacrifice screen size then it's really your only option. But beware, if you've ever owned any sort of slider before you know that eventually that sliding mechanism loosens up a bit. It won't stay as tight as it is out of the box forever. Also because they had to make everything as thin as possible it isn't the strongest phone in the bend department. Highly recommend getting a hardshell case. I use the one in the pic.

those keyboards are expensive to make

Using it right now. Great phone with good features, and the keyboard is phenomenal for the form factor.

If I wasn't a poorfag, I would buy it. The recent Keyone looks too odd for my taste. They could've put the toolbelt where the standard android function buttons are. some people prefer capacitive buttons but I think onscreen buttons for the android would suit this phone better with physical call/end buttons and a trackpad. well maybe the keyboard is capacitive like the Priv.

into the trash where it belongs
landscape keyboards are for children

>Nigger detected