Why is Sup Forums and tech youtubers still acting as R7 1700 vs 7700k /// R5 1600 vs i5 7600k has an unclear winner and...

Why is Sup Forums and tech youtubers still acting as R7 1700 vs 7700k /// R5 1600 vs i5 7600k has an unclear winner and it depends on your needs?

Dude, in both matchups, Ryzen has a ~6 FPS lead/loss. People say "hey buy 7700k/7600o cuz more 7/2 fps due to our higher clock" NO. NO YOU DON'T. Look at the fucking minimum's and the frametimes, plus how Ryzen wrecks in productivity, the CPU usage, the cores, the "not dead in 1 year" platform.

How are people justifying buying i7's/i5's for a fucking 1-4 FPS difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zeffy/kb4012218-19
hardocp.com/article/2017/04/11/amd_ryzen_5_1600_1400_cpu_review/4
youtube.com/watch?v=cLj0kDHl-_I
youtube.com/watch?v=b_NpKLuq7pQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AMD had one edge over Intel and that was it's price, and now due to the AM4 board prices / availability it lost that too, feeling sorry for you amdfags

Doesnt ryzen require you to have Windows 10? That alone makes it worse than intel.

So does Kaby

Kaby Lake has no Windows 7 support as well.
Both Ryzen and Shit Lake can run W7, provided you don't turn on updates, on both platforms.

Use GNU/linux

cus my extra 4 fps on my CS:GO gameplay which is already at 144 fps man!

No, it doesn't. Both Ryzen and Kaby Lake work just fine, they're just officially unsupported and aren't as optimized on Windows 8.1 and previous versions as they are for Windows 10 because they don't have the microcodes or something that allows the CPU to work the best they can, the equivalent to a GPU Driver, for exaple.

Thing is though, there's people who made unofficial updates/ported those microcodes so the Ryzen and Kaby Lake CPUs can work like they do on Windows 10, for Windows 8.1 and previous.
They're supposedly on GitHub, or something.

>provided you don't turn on updates
So what, they purposely made it not work on W7 even though it should and does work?

See:

> Thing is though, there's people who made unofficial updates/ported those microcodes so the Ryzen and Kaby Lake CPUs can work like they do on Windows 10, for Windows 8.1 and previous.
> They're supposedly on GitHub, or something.

Nope, you confusing it with patch that disable checking for kabylake/ryzen cpu and prevents updates from installing onto said hardware, not microcodes ported.
github.com/zeffy/kb4012218-19

>paying 450$ for a CPU/GPU is acceptable according to user
>he doesn't wait a few months or years till prices drop dramatically and get them for $100 total
lmao, no wonder you fukin fagots are always so poor

I don't get it, the cheapest AM4 and LGA1151 are only a few bucks apart here in Canada. You're still forced to buy a premium Z270 w/ more VRMs on Intel's side if you want to OC.

SHUT UP
RYZEN IS DOA

Amd window 7 patch last week ?

>Why is Sup Forums and tech youtubers still acting as R7 1700 vs 7700k /// R5 1600 vs i5 7600k has an unclear winner

The i7-7700K still has an edge at 1080p 144hz. Other than that, not really worth it.

If you see a tech channel still advising i5's as a potential purchase, unsubscribe.

Stupid goy, Intel wins at 720p gayming

I mean 480p

Maybe 240p?

oi vey

So? x370's cost nearly the same as the Z270 mobo's cost.
Even then, Ryzen has B350 and it isn't really built for high clocks (the voltage wall around 4GHz, the ridiculously low power consumption R7 1700 has, which is the same as a 7700k.) but for a power efficient core, you can tell they're looking at the server market.

Look at that 80x25, true CPU benchmark! Blue shade most probably better than the red one! Atleast that's what I assume since I can't actually see it. Maybe we should try 1x1 res for true CPU benchmark?

hardocp.com/article/2017/04/11/amd_ryzen_5_1600_1400_cpu_review/4

>tfw you get a ryzen2 1600x equivalent and smoke all the fagbois

CHOKING IN MY SKIN

Just Waitâ„¢

>Ryzen has a ~6 FPS lead/loss
Last time I checked Ryzen was like 30fps behind in GTA5. Nice try though, amdshill.

>comparing 1600X to i5
>when you can get 7700 for the price
Nice comparison there! Totally fair!

>7700
>can't overclock
>intel tax on motherboards
nice try

>can't overclock
>still higher clocks than oc ryzen

And then you woke up and it was launch day anymore.

Higher clocks for the boost that you can't lock on to since you can't overclock the thing

>4K
Lol, ryzen fags are so desperate.

>buying a 700 graphics card + rest of pc for a vidya that can be played on a 50 dollar playstation or xbox

i just wanted to point that out

I don't think I've seen a single Ryzen 5 benchmark that included an i7 7700 now that I think about it.

Nobody ever benches locked SKUs, retard. No one has benched one before Ryzen release and no one is benching anything now.

>Buying a locked CPU

Might as well just tattoo "Cuck" into your forehead.

Because 7700 beats Ryzen 5 easily. So instead they gonna compare it to i5 and scream LOOK AT THOSE 100% CPU LOAD LMAO i5 IS FINISHED

Your numbers are irrelevant.

First of all, your prices have nothing to do with reality. I don't know if they apply to the US but here in the fascist union you're not able to buy those CPUs and GPUs for anywhere near that.

Secondly, those parts won't work without a motherboard and RAM.

Intel CPUs are trash without massive OC, delid, watercooling, XTREME motherboard, etc.

>due to the AM4 board prices / availability
Very good point. AM4 board aren't available.

Don't care about theoretical cost there. Locally there's like 2 AM4 motherboards that's not sold out to choose between. And if you don't want to use the stock cooler - and the X Ryzen CPUs don't even come with one - then there's two cooler master coolers to choose between.

Don't care about those "benchmarks", not even a little. Numbers for 1440p and 4k matter. Lower resolutions don't.

Who spends $500-$1000 on a computer and doesn't get a $300 1440p IPS or a 4k screen to go along with that?

>require you to have Windows 10
Of course not. Ryzen had great GNU/Linux and GCC support even before it was launched, just like the upcoming VEGA GPU is already supported by both MESA and the kernel.

That's why stock 7700 is better than top Ryzen, right?
youtube.com/watch?v=cLj0kDHl-_I

>SMT off
Intel shills are desperate.

The only people on Sup Forums championing i5s or the locked i7 are literal Intel shills or people who already bought one and feel that they need to defend their purchase now a better proposition has come along.

There's a good case to be made for the pentium at the bottom end and the 7700K at the top, but every other Intel part just got made obsolete.

With SMT it's even worse for Ryzen lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=b_NpKLuq7pQ

Can you link me a CPU/GPU combo for $100 that, 2 years ago, was $450?

This looks a lot like the early issues people were having with Ryzen and Windows, hmm.

>March 25th

Yeah.

>feel that they need to defend their purchase
99% of Sup Forums's content right there.

I never said anything bout 2 years. A 5yr old GPU/CPU combo can still run any videogame coming out TODAY on atleast HIGH graphic settings.

CPU yes, GPU no.
t. i7-2600K + RX 480

Will ryzen 1600x and rx 480 combo be enough for gaming next 2 years?

>A 5yr old GPU/CPU combo

Can you link me a 5 year old GPU/CPU combo for $100, that 5 years ago, was $450?

You said "a few years," 5 is slightly beyond a few, but can you?

>muh day 1 slavshit benchmarks
You're clinging to those pretty hard, Herschel.

>rx 480
Lol no. [spoiler]Wait for Vega.[/spoiler]

For 1080p it should be adequate.

>GTA5
Intel fanboys are so desperate

>Numbers for 1440p and 4k matter

>4K
>Lol, ryzen fags are so desperate.

Kill yourselves.

AMD released Ryzen drivers (chipset, usb, etc) for Win 7 and 8.1. Latest update was a few days ago.
Intel made (beta) Kaby IGP drivers for 7 but later removed them completely from their archive (thx Microsoft). Mobo makers and others still distribute them though.
Microsoft blocked updates for 7 on both Ryzen and Kaby, but people have worked around it.