Android is officialy the most used OS in the world

>android is officialy the most used OS in the world
How does it make you feel?

the most used OS in the world is Linux based and doesn't use the GNU userland, nice

pajeet can't afford pcs

I hope Android gets hit with massive security flaws like Windows did back in the XP days.

Google dragging their feet over forcing carriers and manufacturers to push out security patches has got to end.

Y-year of the Linux mobile?

FEELS GOOD MAN

Im surprised it took this long. 3rd wordlers can't afford anything besides cheap Android phones.

>can easily get an android phone for 5$ with your carrier
hmmm really blows those neutrons away

wow "other" is pretty big
what would be seen as other?

*BSD, symbian, video game consoles, etc

Ants occupy about 20% of all biomass on earth.

There are roughly 10,000 trillion ants in the world.

For every human on earth, there are 1.43 million ants.

TempleOS

Sorry. Is it a bad thing for open-source to do this?

only thought of like blackberry and bsd but
>video game consoles
ofcourse

Quads of truth.
Windows Phone was a flop, iOS is complete normie/poorfag shit, and now it is time for Android to rule. Year of Linux mobile.

This makes me really uncomfortable for some reason.

Android being "open source" is a meme, AOSP Android is basically dead. If you want to build an Android device today, you have to follow Google's rules and then they'll allow you permission to use Google Play Services.

Indifferent. Who gives a shit what people use?

Year of Windows on the smartphone when?

The only thing android has in common with GNU/Linux is the kernel. Google botnet/Java/Linux is a very different thing.

people who cant afford to own a mac

There are a zillion unlicensed devices running play services without Googlel's permission in China.

>iOS is poorfag shit
Are you serious or memeing?

there was a study done a few years back. less wealthy people are more likely to buy iPhones, and more wealthy buy Blackberries and the like. it has to do with people compensating for their lack of wealth by appearing wealthy

>a few years back
>and more wealthy buy Blackberries

not really relevant in 2017

Now I get it. They are trying to avoid responsibility for breaking manufacturer's devices with their patches. So Android users will blame the manufacturers and not Google itself if something went wrong.

One of the problems is that there's no real driver API, so drivers are designed to work with a specific version of Android.

>Blackberries
Outdated study.

Your argument makes zero sense.

>comparing desktop and mobile operating systems

Into the trash it goes

>hurr durr it's not a computer because i can't jerk off to how much of an elitist i am on it

You can't stop the tides of change, user.

how :^)

> unknown
Worried.jpg

What's stopping Google from implementing it?

Might as well include server OS installs then

But you don't, because it's retarded to compare data from such wildly different segments

>n-numbers don't matter except when it suits my narrative!

>OS with the most BUGS out of all operating systems
>Most used
uuuuuuuuhhhhhh

The 1% controls the entire tech sector.

LINUX WON

NEVER EVER THEY SAID

Also e-readers, Windows Phone. My guess is that theese stats are collected from user-agents, so also curl, crawlers and other things that don't give away the OS.

>loonix
>0.75%

ahahahahaahahahahaa

>Unknown
>Other
The fuck

I feel like you're a faggot for relying on stats that don't account for people using adblockers.

mfw Google replace that toxic and misogynistic Linux Kernel by Google™ Open™ Fuchsia™ Kernel™

Or you could just pirate gapps...

Identifiable but independently negligible share OSes.
So your BSDs, which run many consoles.

Sometimes I use my desktop and sometimes I kick back on the couch and use my Nexus 7. Those two devices compete like mad for my time so it makes absolute sense to compare them statistically. Servers don't compete with my phone for my attention.

Android is a Linux. Check the stats again.

*leans back*
*inhales*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Android, is in fact, Android/Linux or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Android plus Linux. Android is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the Linux kernel, syscalls and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Linux which is widely used today is often called "Android", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux Foundation.

Τhere really is an Android, and these peοple are using it, but it is јust a part οf the system they use. Android is the interface: the prοgram in the system that interacts with the user and starts the οther prοgrams that yοu run. Τhe interface is an essential part οf an οperating system, but useless by itself; it can οnly functiοn in the cοntext οf a cοmplete οperating system. Android is nοrmally used in cοmbinatiοn with the Linux kernel: the whοle system is basically Linux with Android added, or Android/Linux. All the sο-called "Android" operating systems are really Android/Linux.