Would it be better for me to learn C# or Java as a beginner in programming?

Would it be better for me to learn C# or Java as a beginner in programming?

Start from the basic. Learn C or C++ for basic structure like array, pointer, linked list, etc, and clean trash afterwards. Then Java, Python, and so forth.

C#.

Java a shit.

>Start with C
>Then Python

wut

OP here. I'm guessing they're completely different?

C# because it's less terrible

They're pretty similar. I'd learn Java since it's more utilized outside Windows environment

C
#include
int main()
{
printf("Hello, World!");
return 0;
}

Python
print("Hello, World!")

Most people recommend a language like Python to a beginner due to its simple syntax. You can worry more about the way the code works rather than worry about strict syntax

Well IMO Python is more advanced and eaisly got on hand if you understand the basics of programming language. So learning C is just for understanding, and then get on Python for general use. What's wrong with that you fucking trip fag

Holy shit Python looks simple.

>printf
>could've just been puts
>Or even better, not:
#include
int main(){
const char hello = "Hello, World!";
for(char *i = hello; *i != '\0';)
putchar_unlocked(*i++);
}

Pajeet get out of my board

Should've been const char * of course

It's meant to be simple to write and read. Of course there's always more in-depth differences between languages but if you can worry about that when you actually know how to program something.

Theyre basically the same thing. C# is just Microsoft Java. If you want to get a code monkey job Java is a better choice.

This is terrible C

wtf i hate c now

Java then C.
You'll start to realize how shitty java is in terms of actual usage.
Unless you plan to do web stuff then java is your weapon of choice.

3x faster than printf, what's so terrible about it?

C#.
Fuck Python, Fuck Javascript, and fuck everything they stand for.

OP here. I should of mentioned that last year I made the classic snake game at school (Though I was a bit confused with what I was doing). I still have the code and I uploaded it to pastebin. -> pastebin.com/YLDySuNv

Just learn assembly. It's not any harder than shit like java and will make you a better and more marketable programmer.

you should learn assembly as your first language, then from there go to C, you should start from the lowest level (so to speak) and then move up from there. This way you will understand memory management and other key aspects of programming better than if you were to just jump into a higher level language.

Yeah. C is one level above machine code and it's still pretty much unintelligible gibberish. You have to allocate memory yourself which is definitely not something you should begin programming with.

Python is relatively high level, meaning you can just create lists of integer numbers, float numbers, text strings, other lists, your own custom objects and delete or add as you go. From a raw computing perspective this isn't trivial at all but Python makes it so. This comes at the cost of speed, but it's a lot easier and unless you do simulation or gaming the speed is sufficient.

Java is somewhere in between. The barebones stuff is still pretty low level, and it's almost as fast as C, but the many many packages that have become standard over the years make your life easier. Also it's THE OOP language (like C# and Python also - but badly implemented).

As a beginner I do suggest you start with Ruby or Python just to get a feel for programming. Then after than Java vs C# is not easy to answer. They are very similar but C# can make windows apps and Java can make Android apps.

this, get the fundamentals of programming down first.

python is not OOP

It'd be better for you to stop living

It realy depends what you want to do with programming user, if you are looking to do sys admin or somthing allong those lines I would say learn bash or python first as they are useful for that. If you want to go the full programming route than either C, C++, or java would be your best bet.

It claims to be, and it pretty much is if you want for beginner purposes like getting classes explained. Like I said practically it's just badly implemented and tacked on afterwards.

I like Ruby a lot more for this reason.

Fuck holding a job when they realize the only language you use is C.

WTF I love Python now

But he wrote C#, you bully.

char *hello = "hello";
char *s = hello;
while (*s++)
putchar(*s);

I installed Python but I still get this error?

You should learn both but learning C# first would make you a better programmer.

This is false. J# and J++ were Microsoft's attempts at Java. C# is a better written programming language.

Learn java or python, ignore all the retards telling you to learn lower level languages first. Both are widely used in industry too.

install gentoo

but seriously though programming is a lot easier on linux

Will Gentoo work through a vm?

No it has to be a full install.

Honestly if you are a beginner use noobuntu, don't fall for the Gentoo meme until you know what you are doing

it'd be better if you fucking offed yourself

don't install gentoo it's just a meme.
install ubuntu or mint, you can make live bootable USBs. But really you should be able to install python on windows, just follow google

You realize, this is exactly the same code, apart from string content, unlocked and style, right?