pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pimpmykeyboard.com/
aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-pbt-keyboarded-a-large-black-keyboard-keyboarded/2230037_32740037614.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/2230037_32799680240.html
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-choc-mini-84-2M-use-white-Blank-print-PBT-keycap-oem-height-gaming-keyboard-mechanical/32482735486.html
world.taobao.com/item/524804620652.htm
world.taobao.com/item/547530133708.htm
world.taobao.com/item/540474377957.htm
aliexpress.com/store/product/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791274444.html
pexonpcs.co.uk/collections/usb-cables/products/filco-keyboard-mods
amazon.ca/gp/product/B016MAK38U/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B016MAK38U&pd_rd_r=YAXVDZ70RWH86A5BWQH1&pd_rd_w=Pkzsp&pd_rd_wg=F5mE3&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=Y4WSB09DSMKCRAFRGQ8J&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201097&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL050217C&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL050217C-_-EMC-050217-Latest-_-GamingKeyboards-_-23201097-S1A3D&ignorebbr=1
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129049
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129071&cm_re=MasterKeys_Pro_S_brown-_-23-129-071-_-Product
amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-RK-9000V2/dp/B00S5E4KH2/#customerReviews
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-TenKeyless/dp/B01D8ETGNQ#customerReviews
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-granite-keyset/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mememi meme

w2c 5.5u spacebars?

pimpmykeyboard.com/
might have them, but it would be a in a faggy layout.

site isn't loading for me anyway

aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-pbt-keyboarded-a-large-black-keyboard-keyboarded/2230037_32740037614.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/2230037_32799680240.html
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-choc-mini-84-2M-use-white-Blank-print-PBT-keycap-oem-height-gaming-keyboard-mechanical/32482735486.html

WHEN IS THE KEYSET WIKI COMING BACK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Am I missing something, what are these premium abs keypads getting dropped on mass drop? Why not make them from pbt?

Contrary to popular belief, there's a buckling spring switch like it is found in the model m under the screen of the S8. as a matter of fact, it's a buckling spring that has been salvaged from an old model m, hence those boards are so rare.

Manufacturing PBT is a pain, even more so if it's doubleshot. Dye-subbing is the best option for putting legends on PBT, but you can't have bright legends on a dark background with dye-subbing.

Can I order custom pbt keycaps kinda like the wasd keyboard abs except not shit.

If it's GMK, they don't have tooling to make PBT caps at all.
If it's Signature Plastics, their PBT is kinda unreliable and more likely to be deformed compared to their ABS. Also they don't have the tooling to do all-over dyesub or doubleshot with PBT, so PBT sets are limited to legends darker than the rest of the cap.

world.taobao.com/item/524804620652.htm
world.taobao.com/item/547530133708.htm

Oh yeah, and SP also don't have SA PBT molds other than for Row 3, so sculpted SA sets have to be ABS

world.taobao.com/item/540474377957.htm

Should I do this?

Where the fuck can I get silent black or red switches to try out without spending a fortune

The guy reddit keeps shilling would cost me like $30 for a little 4-switch 3d-printed mount thing because somehow that costs $14.50 to ship

>Find someone with those keyboards
>Find some shop that sell those keyboards
Just accept that this is a niche hobby which will costs you plenty if you don't live in the right place.

Why are Leopold boards so expensive compared to similar? I don't mind if they are THAT better, or are they?

how much does the shipping cost? you can get it from here too

aliexpress.com/store/product/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791274444.html

What are you talking about? They cost around the same price as a Ducky, cooler master, or filco. Unless you are talking about the topre ones.

keyboards with topre and topre clone switches are more expensive because they're more niche and more expensive to manufacture. whether topre is better for you depends on your preferences.

How do Topre clone switches compare to the real thing?

Do they still feel like typing on clouds? Or is it closer to a normal rubber dome.

Well I can buy directly from China without aliexpress. Just like to see if others have got this set from China

Leopold don't just make Topre though. All Topre boards are expensive, but I've found Leopolds with Cherry are fairly well priced

Where do you live? Leopold are a mid range brand and their pricing shows. Their most expensive cherry keyboard is the 980m at 120 bucks, which isn't that far off from Ducky and Cooler master, which are also mid range brands.

I live in Australia.

I wasn't saying they're expensive, I was saying they're reasonable for how good they are, and implying that, yes, they are mid range :-)

Oh that explains why your grammar is atrocious.
You're probably a leb or a chink.

Topre Leopolds are similar priced to similar boards, such as the HHKB, or even other topres like Realforces. Personally I think Leopolds are excellent, the build quality on my FC660C is the best I've ever seen, better than HHKB. To me its worth it, but without trying to sound like a richfag, I don't mind spending a lot of money on a keyboard. As the saying goes "I'm not rich enough to buy cheap".

Why do we have so many Leopold shills

Bought that gradient set, it's really nice. Black/white with the rgb modifiers is next I think, that looks great too.

I'm looking for a cheap 75% with browns. My gf wants a new keyboard for the office but I can't let her buy a rubberdome.

I once bought a CM storm quickfire rapid for $8 due to a server error. And apparently they happened to be out of stock and I was sent a CM Storm quickfire rapid i. Best purchase of my life.

sweet! looks good imo

drevo gramr

you could also look at z-88 rgb but amazon.com doesn't seem to have one with browns

Does the gramr come with normal keycaps so that I could buy "standard" sets with out being overly concerned with compatibility?
Ak33 is cheap
plenty of budget TKL boards all over amazon and ali

>Does the gramr come with normal keycaps so that I could buy "standard" sets with out being overly concerned with compatibility?
right alt, fn, right ctrl are 1u which not all sets include. del, pageup, pagedn, end are in the wrong rows compared to a standard layout, so with most sets the rows or the legends will be wrong unless you go with blank keycaps or a uniform profile. otherwise the keycaps are standard.

thanks man

How is the Majestouch 2?

Related, why don't more 65%, 75%, 96-key, etc layouts use the whitefox's 1.25-1.25-0.5u gap thing for the keys in between the spacebar and arrows? Seems like it'd make finding keycaps for those type of boards much easier, the only non-standard cap you'd need then is a 1.75u shift (and that 1u numpad 0 for a 96-key)

Because it looks hideous and almost all high-end sets support that kind of layout.

DSA or SA profile?

good but probably not worth whatever you're paying for it

I like how it looks :(

Especially if you use uniform profile caps which lets you put a stepped ctrl there to cover the gap

Do you play csgo on the mousepad?

that*

The only thing that really bothers me is the lack of detachable usb cord. Is there a way to fix this or should I just get something else?

You could probably mod it but I imagine that would be a pain in the ass. Just get a Leopold if you want a full size keyboard since they come with nice PBT caps that won't start shining like Filco's terrible caps.

Pretty sure filcos have an internal JST connector so it's super easy to make a JST male to USB of your choice female cable to go inside the case

Yes

That seems like even more of a pain to acquire than keycaps that would fit the classic 65% layout

Literally drop-in detachable cable mod

pexonpcs.co.uk/collections/usb-cables/products/filco-keyboard-mods

I've heard this Pexon guy isn't great but if you're lazy it's there

What are people's thoughts on cherry clears? I wanted a good balance between gaming and typing, but when I tried out browns at my local microcenter I realized everyone calling them shit were telling the truth. I am probably just going with reds, but if clears can provide silent tactile bump and not feel like the dirty garbage that is browns I may reconsider.

Is there something similar in micro USB/USB C/literally anything but a big ass USB female?

Built like a tank

Cherry clears are great, I wouldn't call them the best for gaming in stock form though because that 100g bottom out force caused me fatigue when holding keys down for long periods of time in FPSes.

baby hands

POM injects into PBT just fine. It doesn't have to be a single plastic for both parts.

Not that I know of

Making your own should be easy enough anyway if you want mini or micro or whatever

two questions

>amazon.ca/gp/product/B016MAK38U/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B016MAK38U&pd_rd_r=YAXVDZ70RWH86A5BWQH1&pd_rd_w=Pkzsp&pd_rd_wg=F5mE3&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=Y4WSB09DSMKCRAFRGQ8J&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop
yes/no? I have a brown switch CM XT already, but want a smaller form factor, but I'm also cheap

I have a model M that my brother fucked up. the space bar is broken, so I need a new space bar, springs, and the bar. is it worth repairing? the cable is also close to breaking (the plastic tab part that connects to the KB is almost broken)

getting a vortex core this afternoon. it looks awesome and i liked what i read in the reviews. anybody here use one? did it take a while to get used to the layered function keys or is pretty streamlined.

What's the difference between o rings and dampening pads? Which ones work better?

Can someone tell me what the HH, no circle, circle, and kana keys do, and why the yen key types a \
I fucking love the topres though. May get a programmable controller to change some of the keys around to a more American layout though, like the ' and " keys, although I am getting used to them relatively quickly
I like where the Control key is too, but it sucks for games.

I can't decide between a TKL/%60 or a full-sized mech, someone help.

Do you need a numpad? If yes full, if not, do you need function keys? If yes TKL, if not, 60%.

If you don't play games there isn't a reason to go for a compact board but if you do consider it.
I use small boards because having my mouse hand closer to the other hand is more comfortable versus when it's further apart. If you play games and they're important to you put your hand halfway across a full size board and the mouse close, then compare to full distance apart. If the distance doesnt bother you then consider a full size, if it does then go for a compact board. If you want a compact board you should then consider if you need the F1-12 keys.
if you play MMOs that have a bunch of key binds or often use keyboard shortcuts with them then you should consider a 75% like the ak33 or drevo gramr. If you don't care about them you could look at something like a magicforce 68.

Thanks, I think I'll just get a 60% because I don't really use macros at all (even though they'd probably help).

thoughts ?
seems like a good deal

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201097&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL050217C&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL050217C-_-EMC-050217-Latest-_-GamingKeyboards-_-23201097-S1A3D&ignorebbr=1

>Up to 50 Marcos
Fucking Italians.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129049

fucking wops

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129071&cm_re=MasterKeys_Pro_S_brown-_-23-129-071-_-Product

is this the same but without rgb ? i don't care about rgb

yes it has pure white LEDs (you can turn it off)

why would the coolermaster be better than the rosewill ?

the rosewill board seems to have problems with the USB plug

>So be warned: the odds of this eventually busting are high, although you'll love it in the meantime. I'm on my fourth one in as many years before finally going with another manufacturer, and all of them have had the exact same problem that eventually kills them.
amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-RK-9000V2/dp/B00S5E4KH2/#customerReviews

amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-TenKeyless/dp/B01D8ETGNQ#customerReviews

I recommend Pro M instead. S has L shaped usb and it seem to damage easily.

what's the difference between s and m ?

the layout. m has a numpad

nevermind i'm retarded

I like my K70 RGB, but it gives my workstation issues if I try and sleep it. Keyboard never works afterwards.

Can you use a PS/2 adapter?

pls respond

i love you burt

What does the one on the left do?

I'm jelly. Can't have those here. Haven't tried, needs 2 USB for it, but since it's on a precision workstation it does have the ps2's still.

that one goes in his arse

>tfw no cool azerty keycaps PBT

SP makes plenty

Who?

SP

What does SP stand for?

signature plastics. ducky also makes azerty pbt keycaps

Okay, how and where can I order these?

On massdrop, two years ago

don't be fooled silly user, azerty is nowhere to be found

Pretty simple. Have a couple hundred dollars, and patience.
They sell them on their website now
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-granite-keyset/
It was in stock like 4 months ago, and the one before that was in march.

Has anyone tried 3D printing custom PBT caps?

yes, and it sucks ass

yes, and it kicks ass

no french azerty

azerty has like 20 something unique keycaps so they dropped it from the kit during the last granite GB. I got in that buy, and wanted azerty specifically

>International: DE, ES, FI, IT, NO, SW

Comfy as fuck. Lost my virginity for it, no regrets.

Why you need usb cord? 10kg TKL isn't your EDC mech.

It goes inside a thing pic related

u2

Oh weird, does it have a USB hub or something? One of them should be for the keyboard, imo just plug that one into PS/2.

I thought it was for power, but I'll see if I can find a USB to PS2 and give it a shot. Worthy suggestion user!

>CM Storm Quickfire XT
>Blue switches
>Custom keycaps from wasdkeyboards
I like it.

Nice digits.