IRC thread (BBS and Usenet also welcom)

ITT share tips, your favorite channels and lets talk about IRC

Step By Step guide here pastebin.com/WFkuY5pk

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Firefox_XPS_IRC_Attack
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1459
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I myself have moved to the discord botnet, but still that guide shouldn't even be posted here, if you can't use IRC you shouldn't be on this board.

you are a faggot and you know it

Wew, I just prefer convenience over memes.

I bet you shill some meme startup failed chat, those are a real joke

No, I use it for communities that once used IRC/Skype/Teamspeak. 1 program is better than 3, isn't it?

not if that program is crap

Well, its not that bad, uses less RAM than 3 combined, has awesome easy permission management, and a nice API, none of the previous mentioned ones have that except IRC, but no VOIP on it. Also I swear I'm not a discord shill.

You want to sell me discord? Better try next time

Don't forget two important things here, IRC servers rarely log chats and the filesharing is popular

What is the best IRC network to join?

These days either Rizon or Freenode are the most commonly used, on Rizon you have fellow anons but Freenode has more channels overall, pick your poison

Isn't freenode completely incompetent?

good question, but why?

Got rekt by GNAA hard with that firefox XPS attack.

got a link for that?

>going to communities that ever used teamspeak or skype
OUT THE FUCK OUT. REEEEEE! also my irc uses less than 1 mb.
> awesome easy permission management
Shit for brainlets. not awesome. maybe a bit easier, true. api is shit too, irc does it better. voip is for brainlets btw.

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Firefox_XPS_IRC_Attack

>took them a month to solve
kek

Any beginner/skid hacking IRC?

#ScriptKiddie @ rizon

Are there any anime subgroups that AREN'T on rizon? Don't want anything to slip through the cracks

irc.anonops is always fun to troll. active channel being #anonops

Do they help noobs? Do they even tolerate noobs?

How do I get along with people?
This is irc related yes?

use efnet

Hi, first time on IRC.

I posted on #gimp and nobody and nobody responded in 10 minutes. Is this normal? Pic related

Depends on the time, channel and question, but yeah it happens sometimes.

be nice to people :^)

Any DCC/XDCC guide? For Hexchat or irssi

google

I have one, but it's so simple it's not even worth posting.

AC/DC?

>10 minutes

Pretty reasonable for most channels, especially if your question is stupid

>Do they help noobs?
No, because they don't know how
>Do they even tolerate noobs?
Yes, they tolerate themselves.

Are there any guides for building an IRC server? I wanted to write one in go as an introduction to the language.

Server software I mean of course.

Like InspIRCd or Charybdis? I haven't installed a server myself but heard good things from those

Hey, can you advise some nice IRC clients? (win)
I've been using mIRC long ago and Miranda after that. Also XChat but didn't like it. Anything else? Anything new popped out last years?

Join Freenode if you actually want to talk with smart knowledgeable people. Join Rizon to shitpost and troll and deal with bitter virgins all day long.

>join #troll@efnet
>start shit talking nerds owning entire datacenters
>nobody spells a dice
>sees a funny bar growing in hexchat
>it measures network latency
>laughingbitches.xpm
they took my whole ISP down for half an hour or so.

Have you tried HexChat? I think is on windows too

Dunno. I tried hexchat or xchat. Can't remember which. So hexchat is current default irc client?

Hexchat or mIRC are the only decent windows clients honestly, unless you don't like scripts for some weird reason.

Probably xchat, try hexchat

Ah, okay. So not much changed. I liked irssi on linux btw. ty

Yeah something like that, but I want to write it from scratch.

Rizon is full of smart people famalam, they just love to pretend to be retarded. avoid the "meme channels" that are created by trolls with the sole purpose to destroy them for the amazing dramas it spawns. avoid the #*chan channels, those have been invaded by normalfags.

This should be a good starting point: tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1459

clap your hands

>join """popular""" channels
>nobody says anything ever

nice, thanks

How's Weechat as a client? looks pretty good.

I like it, though I haven't used it extensively or tried anything else. Seems very powerful and customizable, has good defaults

>IRC
>2017

you niggers are 20 years late.

>2017
>not already using IRC
guess who is late here

How does one get into pisscord, I see people post channels all the time but how do they find them

From the scripting API documentation:

> As you probably know, there is not really "pointers" in scripts. So when API functions return pointer, it is converted to string for script. For example, if function return pointer 0x1234ab56, script will get string "0x1234ab56". And when an API function expects a pointer in arguments, script must give that string value. C plugin will convert it to real pointer before calling C API function.
>
>In many functions, for speed reasons, WeeChat does not check if your pointer is correct or not. It’s your job to check you’re giving a valid pointer, otherwise you may see a nice crash report ;)

holy shit
this would concern me more if I wrote scripts

I still efnet on Xircon with a custom BitchX tcl cuz muh customization

kek, weechat at its best

rizon #Sup Forumsftp

oh god, I loved Xircon (and ButchX), the only truly great IRC client. nothing has bettered it before or since.