What the fuck, Microsoft?

What the fuck, Microsoft?

Other urls found in this thread:

redhat.com/en/store
imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/Institutions/Guidelines
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Windows 10 is a modern, secure and fast operating system, the price is a good investment in your working productivity

You again, pajeet?

Pay up poorfag.

>Windows Server

thats the only thing you find strange ? didn't you see the oxymoron there ? "windows server" ...

>move everything into my cloud, goy.
Not even enterprise customers are safe from them.

>Server // windows
Does not compute

At least they offer pricing and easy access. I've been trying for the past 20min to find what RHEL for a server would cost. Came out empty, have to talk to their sales team.

redhat.com/en/store
$349

>Windows 10 is a modern, secure and fast operating system
what a load of shit
the delusion

I thought red hat was free (because open sores) and they only charge you for supportq

It's aimed at enterprise customers dumbass, not poorfag neckbeards getting served tendies in their mother's basement

>licensecucks

is Sup Forums really too computer illiterate to pirate Windows?

Technically speaking they charge you for a subscription so you can use yum on their repos.

They charge you for packages and support, just get centOS it's the same.

What does this do that a linux server can't?

Apart from telemetry.

See
Get fucked Pajeet.

It is open source, all the source code is online, download it and compile your red hat distribution, they just aren't going to do it for you for free.

> Download CentOS
> Have RHEL without paying
> Buy RHEL license if you're a moron who needs their support
> Optionally don't be a moron and pay nothing ever.

This clearly won't work for you since you couldn't find your way to redhat's website but for everyone else it works.

>He doesn't have rhel just for the sweet redhat logo
Enjoy your ugly centos logo

XRZDZDZDXZ AHHAHAHHAHHAHAH XFXDDDZZ LOL XFFZDDXF

>secure
Where is the proofs?

social espionage

>CentOS

ubuntu is the best server OS, we're not in 2007 anymore pajeet

> Modern
The fuck does that even mean.
New? You don't need new operating systems for servers. You just need something that wont crash after running for 2 years straight.
> secure
Of course Microsoft being number 1 in the top 50 vedors with distinct vulnerabilities of cvedetails.com is just a meme
> fast
No a server using a zfs pool and base bsd or linux is fast.
A mobile ui on a server is slow.

Meant

>ubuntu is the best server OS
>$CURRENTYEAR

I vill stab!!

>Sup Forums

xBSD > linux > windows

My company uses Windows server. Every other company I know uses Windows server. The companies of my friends and family members all use Windows server. Half their shit is hosted on-premise, the other half scattered across (paid) remote servers. Nobody knows how to operate it properly. Nobody knows or gives a shit about security.

Just keep the fucking cash rolling.

>secure
>Kernel32 is more than 17 years old
>windows is the most targeted system by malwares

t. Microshill

fix your font rendering

>windows
>server
Only idiots will do it. It's like charging iToddlers insane amount of money because they don't know any better

What's wrong with it?

Up to your old tricks Pajeet.

>GUI
>On a Linux server

Same. I've come across so many forgotten servers it's insane

Why doesn't Microsoft ship manuals like they did in the olden days?

Apex kek

This so hard

wait, didn't they charge per core?

Base license includes 16 cores, period.

>raptor punching a rhino

>Kernel32

I can get it for free... What can I use it for?

imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/Institutions/Guidelines
>4. Using the Subscription Benefits
>Your Subscription will provide you and your Authorized Users with access to certain Subscription Benefits expressly intended to support your education, teaching, non-commercial research, or efforts to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software applications for the above purposes.
So in other words, it can only be used for purposes directly related to your education. Thus, probably jack fucking shit.

Just throw some actually free OS on your server

It's for IT people who don't understand how to run a server, so they get the boss to pay for the software and contractors to look after it.

No one got fired for installing a Windows server.

Active Directory is fucking awesome for deploying and managing Windows boxes, though.

They're trying to be the new Apple

>So in other words, it can only be used for purposes directly related to your education. Thus, probably jack fucking shit.
I use mine for a plex server

>buying CALs directly from the Microsoft store

If you do this your'e retarted

Poor

>implying you didn't just vlcmsd this

Microsoft charges out the ass for client licenses because they generally include features from Win10 Pro but you can use them for Citrix/Windows Terminal Servers so companies being cheap can have clients use their own PCs rather than company issued hardware or use thin clients where it's easier to keep the config in order.

SLES/RHEL are huge in the enterprise now for most servers but there are some enterprises that either prefer WIndows servers (yes, they do exist) or need a certain number of Windows Servers for certain applications. Applications that are only Windows/MSSQL compatible are one reason, use for thin clients/Citrix is another.

Dreamspark stuff can be used for whatever you want unless you are making money off of it.

It's a fact you dip

Last time I saw a survey 50% of enterprise servers were Windows Server, slightly less Linux. Indeed, my company uses only Windows Server although I've asked them into looking at moving to Linux and. Net Core if it has matured enough.

Read. "Your Subscription will provide you and your Authorized Users with access to certain Subscription Benefits expressly intended to support your education, teaching, non-commercial research, or efforts to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software applications for the above purposes."

Copyright includes the ability to decide what uses are and are not permissible when you license your intellectual property.

It depends on what the servers are being used for. With Exchange Servers, Lync/Skype for Business Servers, Active Directory, etc. you really don't have a choice. So most companies will run Windows to some degree.

If a company uses Citrix/WTS for their employees/contractors/partners to access their environment, then you NEED Windows servers to run those.

If you're running enterprise applications then it's the choice of the customer for most products. Most popular OS + DB combo for my company's software was AIX + Oracle for a long time, followed by AIX + DB2 LUW. Linux has now massively increased in popularity, and Windows + MSSQL has been on the decline for a while.

install gentoo

Dreamspark gives you access to full OS versions, 'education' means full usage without making money. You can put web sites on them and do whatever else you want.

Considering your licenses are still valid for the same shit even after you are done with school, prove me wrong without copy pasting the tos and acting like a lawyer

>Considering your licenses are still valid for the same shit even after you are done with school
Consider, for example, that the Windows Student Use Benefit program exists, which explicitly states that one of the key parts of it is that the license can be used even after graduation.

Additionally, DRM is not necessary to dictate the terms in licensing. You can violate the Imagine terms all you want and still be wrong, even if Microsoft doesn't watch everything you do or revoke the keys because they don't know how long you're in the instituation.

>Ubuntu has more market share than Linux

5 Cal licensing seems off. Should be closer to $600USD for standard.

It includes the base license for Server 2016 for 16 cores.

...and this is why I'm avoidincg C#.

Still seems high, but I haven't bought retail licenses in over a decade.

>secure
well, you can prove that yourself, just look at the source code.
oh, wait...

>look at the source code
Doesn't sound very secure if everyone can look at the code and use what they find to their advantage.

this board is for people age above 13.
please leave.

Sorry you're poor

You mean like you do with Linux? Oh wait, you just sit around and let people tell you what you want to hear...

>all of the NEETs here that don't realize that nearly every non-webhost server is Windows Server

Protip: They don't show up in a study that crawls public facing websites, because for every small company website running on Apache, there's an Active Directory, Exchange, and SQL Server (or 20) sitting inside their firewall.

they'll do reverse engineering anyway

I use C# on Ubuntu servers for a living.

Sure, but it's much more work. For both sides.

this

>server
>gui
>uptime less than an hour

I'm pretty sure Linux can do that too, it's just not set up to do it by default.

>server

>1366x768 resolution
>i5-3317U

It's just a shitty laptop from 2012 that some retard installed RHEL on.

Any computer can be a "server", faggot.

>Gnome
>Web Browser
>shitposting on Sup Forums

I mean I guess but they really don't appear to be using that laptop as a server.

>liking fedoras

>The botnet speaks

This is just ridiculous. I can see MAYBE $100-$200. MAYBE. But Windows as it stands, even server editions, it's just too insecure and too much of a hassle to work with. Linux servers are still the only acceptable solution to the server need, when will microshit get its act together in the server market?

>when will microshit get its act together in the server market?

Soon everything will be on The Cloud (powered by Microsoft). There will be no need for any other servers.

Please this is nothing.

Did you know Microsoft charges SSRS by the CPU CORE count? Just goes to show Moar cores is fucking retarded.

>Did you know Microsoft charges SSRS by the CPU CORE count? Just goes to show Moar cores is fucking retarded.

Are you too retarded to understand that additional cores can be beneficial in many corporate/large scale projects?

>$0.02 has been deposited into your account, Pajeet

No I'm just memeing. The only reason I know this is because I use SSRS at work.

"secure"