Make Nyaa Great Again

This thread is for the discussion of the possible replacement/mirror of the late Nyaa.se (which also hosted Sukebei);

>latest update: nyaa sent an email and confirmed it's gone for good. and yes, it was due to the EU ruling. and no, db is almost surely wiped.

Partially working indexer site using old dbs
nyaa.pantsu.cat
sukebei.pantsu.cat

FAQ
pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5 (embed) (embed)

Dev and discussion channel
#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Previous Thread Still no full site rip

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VF5GtfFa
github.com/ewhal/nyaa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First pantsu best pantsu

I like the new site but is there a way to make it show the file size or perhaps the seeder count? The comments were never saved were they?

Why would conference user fuck with us so? There's just some things you shouldn't troll about.

File size would be great to see which torrents are fakes

Is the site still using the over year old DBs?

buttcoins

The steady stream and eventual burst of (you)'s, of course. What else for?

why put the meme title?

A new law is set to be passed in the UK, the Digital Economy Bill, or something like that, where they are talking about jailing people who stream and use torrents for up to 10 years. Shit is getting really fucking bad.

Phew, looks like 1997 Berserk is still going. Nyaa tracker too.

Yes I'm waiting on the full site rip before updating the dbs.
If user doesn't deliver then I'll move over to the 5th of april dbs.
Cause why not.
If he's lying day of the rake when?

yep

On behalf of Sup Forums, you are all doing Lain's work by trying to resurrect Nyaa. Thank you.

He said he's returning at 11 PST (Or was it PDT?).

Love Lain!

So why didn't nyaa save the DB and give it to someone before deleting it all? Did he just not think?

Guys check GNUnet once in a while, someone posted a pic with eroge from there on the last thread, it delete it before mods take it down and is gone now but check the archive

they cant do tat not all use torrents for illegal porposes
eg: sharing huge CAD files

Why should we care about a fucking anime website? Go back to Sup Forums you retard

He did say either 2PM or 10PM PST. It's not even 10PM EST yet.

Both Nyaa and Sukebei should be updated to 2016-10 at least. Not sure about the 2017-04 Nyaa dump.

10-11 PM PST supposedly

He simply didn't give a shit about anyone. Not even his own staff.

Dude just doesn't give a single fuck. Thats really all there is to it.

From what I've read, only one guy was in charge of everything and he snapped.

Is it known how many people exhentai, danbooru, etc etc?

That law modifies a previous law that already had prison times of 2 years.

"Life fucked by prison" to "Life fucked by longer prison" is law of large numbers level irrelevant.

Where do you think you are right now?

is there a way to help you?

Here's your reply

Why shouldn't I just use AB?

Wow, people are being idiots.

On other news, Asenshi just switched to minglong open tracker, which happens to also have a website.

It's PDT technically but since it's past the DST date, PST means the same thing for 99% of people.

You're on Sup Forums, now take your (you).

**Here is the list of all known dumps:** pastebin.com/VF5GtfFa

Forgot to add to the OP
github.com/ewhal/nyaa
Backups: pastebin.com/VF5GtfFa

15,000 users with these stats

he said PST

What exactly do you gain from posting this?

A smug sense of satisfaction?

>Shit is getting really fucking bad.
It's going to get worse.

I will be once I finish downloading Arch.

Thanks for the clarification.

where is the github

Because you have the crappiest upload speed.

Only one was me, but duh

Is it possible to bring all of Nyaa back again or at least most of it?

A few seconds worth of self-esteem. Dopamine is a hell of a drug.

Does the DB that you have display the filesize of each torrent?

is that a challenge?

List of things that need to be done
RSS
Improve site layout and make it not look like just plain boostrap
Update and fix up apis
Create torrent uploading feature.
Maybe torrent file generation
Better logging and error handling.
Scraping data from other sites.

Worst case scenario is nyaa will be a month old and sukebei will be 8 months old.
Best case day it went down

Most of it yes.

Some of it will be lost either forever or for an unknown amount of time.

the april 5th db does but the current db that I'm using doesn't

I thought I was on a technology board, not a shitty chinese cartoons one. I too like to watch them sometimes (they're always a lot better than cringeworthy american TV shows), but I prefer to support legal streaming sites than illegal stuff like nyaa, I'd rather see legal streamings grow enough to satisfy all of our needs.

Well, this applies to websites like Daisuki, Crunchyroll, Funimation and the likes of them. Fuck Netflix and Amazon Strike, those two cost a lot for services we never asked for and are taking lots of great shows.

No, it's reality [spoiler]DSL sucks and I'm so salty my ISP still uses this obsolete shit.[/spoiler]

The problem really is streaming quality is garbage, and you're locked into whoever does their subtitles.

Sorry, but no thanks.

>streaming

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

kek I remember 2003.

>but I prefer to support legal streaming sites than illegal stuff like nyaa, I'd rather see legal streamings grow enough to satisfy all of our needs.
>Well, this applies to websites like Daisuki, Crunchyroll, Funimation and the likes of them.
kys

Website Recovery is still Sup Forums you elicist fk.

> and no, db is almost surely wiped
goodnight sweet princess

There's tons of stuff on Nyaa that is never going to be legally available without importing/is technically illegal to import. It's not just anime either. A good deal of old and/or obscure stuff is now gone.

Someone had to be seeding it for it to be there to begin with, it's not "gone"

Can't wait until CR, Funi, and Netflix start streaming my mindbreak, NTR, dark elf north korean shadow-puppet shows!

I'm pretty sure some of the obscure stuff can't be bought legally at all.

>RSS
Not so hard, but that will be helpful only when uploads are allowed.
>Improve site layout and make it not look like just plain boostrap
Layout is good. Plain. Simple. Minimal.
>Update and fix up apis
APIs are always a good thing.
>Create torrent uploading feature.
No torrent files, magnets are all we need. Even if most people still don't know how magnets work.
>Maybe torrent file generation
Nah, if you want to stay clean, don't link torrent files. Magnet can be even just copy pasted, so (((they))) could not complain for muh hyperlink.
>Better logging and error handling.
>Scraping data from other sites.

Website recovery and development is Sup Forums.

We were also discussing having a federated db but I'm not sure how to go about that.
The ideal goal for this is to decentralize it as much as possible.

So will this be like when manga traders went down and Sup Forums and Sup Forums came together and not only made a new site but actually made backups of everything? Is the new site made so if taken down it can be put back up with ease like TPB and we would never have to worry about this hell again?

We have already lost too much data with megaupload.

>mindbreak, NTR, dark elf
This is my fetish! Link?

inb4 search it yourself fagit

I hate not being able to use spoilers here.

Seconded, I like magnets better. Torrents seem more vulnerable to me somehow.

What use is a seeder if no one can find the magnet link?

The point being any new site that is created will likely have people uploading the content in their possession, including these rarer niche releases.

Thats the hope. I refuse to believe some of the more obscure stuff isn't in the possession of at least a few people willing to upload it again.

Daisuki, Crunchy, and Funi all are total shit though, and I refuse to ever support them until they reach a subtitle quality equal to or greater than fansubs. Even fucking Commie is better then some of the paid shit.
Copyright (and IP in general) is shit anyways and only deserves to be completely and totally gutted and permabanned globally. Piracy will never die until IP dies first.

Correct me if im wrong but dont magnet links also generate a .torrent file inside %appdata% ?

Depends on which torrent client you're using.

What program does this ? There are lots of clients

>Tfw a few days prior to Nyaa going down I stopped seeding my nyaa torrents and deleted the torrent files.

I'm so sorry everyone.

To make it easy for others to download backups would be the easiest way to decentralize.

Just put the database in a torrent itself and update every week. Automate it and put it on RSS.

Mainline 7.8.2
i didnt say it does this but just asked since i didnt knw

Streaming quality doesn't necessairly suck, CR's sucked lately because they were moving their servers but has always been fine, and also Daisuki's, Hulu's and Funimation's are pretty good. Streaming is basically downloading in the moment you're watching, so there's no technical reason for which it should be inferior.

Never had any problem with the subtitles either, and most people will go for crunchy/funi rips from HorribleSubs anyway even with nyaa, so it wouldn't be a huge difference.

Download fags are often more like cleptomaniac madmen who want to feel like they "own" the anime.

I did the same, only have a couple left which is the complete Slayers collection, been trying to restart it and Seed but it just wont, keeps saying torrent files are missing when i'm looking right at them

It's okay.
You couldn't have known.

>Mainline 7.8.2

I don't use it, can't verify. Anyway
Magnet > Torrent file
Magnet links are text only, much easier and smaller to handle.

>>Streaming quality doesn't necessairly suck, CR's sucked lately because they were moving their servers but has always been fine, and also Daisuki's, Hulu's and Funimation's are pretty good. Streaming is basically downloading in the moment you're watching, so there's no technical reason for which it should be inferior.
you're trolling right?

Crunchy roll uses under 5mbps, Hulu is under 8mbps

Netflix caps out at 25mbps but that's only for UHD content, 1080p caps around 10mbps.

I have encodes that are 30mb/s+

try force rechecking
also make sure the path is correct

Yeah I was planning on at minimum daily db dumps and setting up a rsync server.

I was deleting a shit load of shows I had already watched. I'm just going to start buying HDDs and hording them all now.

Anime wouldn't exist if there was no IP though. Those guys ain't drawing cartoons because they have fun, it's their job and they're doing it only because they have ways of earning from it. If most shows have crappy derpy animation it's because piracy makes it harder for them to survive, and if it weren't for websites like crunchyroll and funimation you hate so much, which in the last years managed to have a good success and recover some of the lost value which anime lost with piracy, anime would probably be deader than dead.

So I say KYS to you, you preppy bedroom communist who thinks banning IP is fine until it doesn't harm his own welfare.

Will pantsu show filesizes?

I'm surprised there isn't a daily backup of TPB available as a torrent.

Mainline(BitTorrent) 7.8.2 seems to get screwed when u delete the .torrents inside %appdata%
tats y i assumed magnet links shud also generate a .torrent inside %appdata%

Are you guys doing maintenance or is something fucking up on my end? I've been getting this since yesterday.

>Will pantsu show filesizes?

your end, both are accessible to me.

Already did both, multiple times, it's more annoying since I only very recently stopped seeding and I was one of the few seeders left for it last I checked, and i'd uploaded about 1TB of that damn torrent

Same thing I've already been doing however I'm thinking about getting a couple of bigger HDDs and using one of them as a backup in case the other fails.

All subtitles are shit. You should just kill yourself you fucking EOP.

Ah didnt see that

>the late Nyaa.se
Holy fuck its actually down.
F

It's the streamers' fault, not streaming technology's. Netflix can afford higher quality because it's a more mainstream website with american gay tv shows which all faux hipsters watch, and it has money to pay for better servers.

If we supported crunchyroll & co instead of getting desperate over nyaa they could probably grow bigger and invest in better servers too.

its sukebei