Installed gentoo

installed gentoo
now what

install gentoo

Kill yourself.

format and install macOS

Hey looks, it's the tranny, pedophile loser again.

.....Hi

no bully

>isn't running linuxfromscratch

dont bully her

now use it to do the things that u would do in your old os duh, but with the comforting knowledge that u can spend a ton of time configuring it so it looks kinda prettier. Also have fun contributing to FOSS that's like the whole point of gentoo and shit

once the z270 motherboards and 7th gen intel cpus get better support I will try for sure

>calling someone a tranny, pedophile loser
>on Sup Forums
>like we think that's a bad thing

Overlay to get steam going, Plexmedia server, ck kernels with the patched nvidia drivers, and VPN/Deluge. I also like Google Earth and an office suite for work. Also add all the use flags for media codecs.

I think you're on the wrong website.

this isn't reddit lad

Akari is transsexual?

Kill yousrelf

fuck you nigga

she's a girl

Spend 100 hours trying to get your shit working smoothly then reformat and go back to Win10

Congratulations, You Won!

>a girl
(male)

female

dont bully her

owo

male.

Now uninstall, install Arch Linux.

What benefits does arch have over Gentoo besides hipster cred?

It's not transsexual-friendly.

Literally can't live without the AUR and the insane wiki.

>mfw arch breaks so often that its users can't imagine living without a wiki to help them fix it

If you didn't harden it, then you failed. Start making the trek to switching your profile to hardened. AND FUCKING DISABLE SSLV3 AND TLS-HEARTBEAT

Been using it for years, hasn't broken on me yet, m8

Also here's the USE flags I use.

USE="-sslv3 -tls-heartbeat -geolocation -binary -mysql xft tiff png svg lldb elogind policykit vulkan opencl clang dbus gtk seccomp ssp bindist pic pie unconfined sync-plugin-portage pulseaudio wayland vdpau alsa egl gles opengl webkit networkmanager ffmpeg"

Remove things you don't need and run non-root xorg.

oh fuck

Don't worry I appreciate your bullying

DON'T DELETE ANYTHING. Just follow the wiki and switch the profile.

delet this right now

ok it is done

1. List things that you need to make yourself comfy like what you use in your previous OS.
2. Research with Google.
3. Install the list of things.
4. Go back to comfort zone.

Is it one of those bad histories?

Because mine's not even have a breakdown yet.

Almost a year now.

>not templeOS
wew

You can now spend the rest of your life bragging about how you are super l33t h4xor with gentoo installed xDDDDD

taps taps

most mehet a LinuxFromScratch

Looks like you're running Gnome 3 which has systemd as a dependancy.

Remove Gnome 3 and replace it with Wayland + Sway tiling window manager. Remove systemd and replace with OpenRC.

Install Libreboot.

Start pirating from Usenet instead of bittorrents.

Setup IOMMU hardware enforced virtualization with QEMU/KVM & configure GPU passthrough to a Windows 10 VM for gaming (if you're into that sort of thing) & to effectively jail whatever non-free Windows blobs you use for work/school.

Look into Gentoo security hardening and look into grsecurity kernel.

Setup Whonix gateway and client VMs (use IOMMU enfoced hypervisor) for secure/anonymous browsing.

Use ixquick.com instead of Google.

Delete your Facebook account.

Realize all versions of Android including Replicant (Complete/nearly complete FOSS Android baseband drivers ect...) is a meme because it always lags behind major security patches in the master branch AOSP so even without running proprietary blobs in the baseband (which usually has read/write access to the device memory) you can still easily be attacked with publicly known exploits that have since been patched but you don't have and can't get because Replicant is on an old version of Android.

Throw phone in trash.

Buy VPS from cock.li. Pay using bitcoin (use bitcoin tumbler to anonymize the coins). Use for private mail server (I recommend iRedmail), Nextcloud is also cool for getting rid of Google botnet.

Build a pfsense router and configure government/corporate/education/malware/anti-p2p ip address blacklists from iblacklist.com using pfsense blacklist module. Setup VPN at the router.

By this point you have taken the infosec redpill and realize Intel and AMD microcode update system is the ideal architecture for an undetectable root kit which has can read/write to RAM/CPU Cache/Execute anything in ring zero. Ditch AMD and Intel chips with Microcode update system (unless your Intel chip qualifies for removal of Intel ME).

Buy a Mac. Get job.

put gentoo stickers on ur laptop so everyone can tell how 1337 u rly is

this, you took the words out of my mouth

This is absolute bull shit to place Arch and Gentoo together.

Arch is a joke distro which is made to teach schoolkids CLI, it's never employed in production by serious companies. Every developed distro has a minimal installer up to installing an OS from a chroot environment, for example Ubuntu Core or debootstrap, schoolkids don't know about it, they think that there's only a GUI installer in Ubuntu and Debian.

Gentoo is a professional distro with a high level of flexibility through the robust established compilation toolchain, the unified interface for compilation flags in the portage system, good tools for kernel compilation. For example Google uses Gentoo as a base for Chrome OS.

To cut long story short, Arch is for pajeets who can't manage their time but who want to show that they know CLI, Gentoo is for professional engineers who want a reliable and flexible system.

It could be useful also to write the shell scripts which install daily stuff. So another time one can just run the scripts for installation and leave the machine for compilation-configuration until it gets ready.

Welcome to the club, in other words.

Congratulations! You Got Memed!

But in all seriousness, the next thing you want to do is install Gentoo.

Now uninstall GNOME and install a ricer twm for extra Sup Forums points. (I like to call them Sup Forumsoints.)

That would be later. Get comfy first before you dive again due to unsatisfaction of things. It'll naturally comes by.

Oh you!

Mr. Privacy Man, does deleting your Facebook account actually do anything? Am I supposed to take the word of a big American company whose sole purpose in life is the collection and trading of personal details that they have actually deleted the information they hold on me?

does it matter, your fb shouldnt have any important info about u anyway
it wont have more than someone can find looking up some public gov database

Stop being hungarian

akari is not a trap you nigger.

>setting up a mail server in a VPS with unreliable uptime
>pfsense >not the other router shit (can't remember its name)

>ditch AMD and intel chips
true but at least recommend libreboot laptops and powerpc.

>infosec
>recommending VPN
>on a paid adsl/fiber with static IP
low latency means they can trace your requests even faster
>possibility of ISP using that gay virtual gateway (if your CPE went offline/404 before)
>not using LTE
>not hacking the ISP
>not contacting an illegal contractor to set up your internet
>then having a legit internet connection for legit stuff

gyere a /kurva anyátok/ba

install xmonad + binaryspacepartition

Szia Dominik!

Add ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" to make.conf and emerge -uaDN @world

I don't know... I've never gotten this far

OP here.
Gentoo is pretty fun. Now I understand how powerfull it is in term of customizing your system.
I am starting it over again using USE="-*" then adding every flag needed to get xfce running.
I dont want to use openrc because I got used to it from other distros, also I am using bootctl to get my system booted instead of using grub.

Thanks for the tips anons

Gebedj meg
Zsályázva hől

nem értem

this was wild

>mfw Sup Forums hates Gentoo now because it feels more secure with bulls than cows with a masculine name
Literal cuckoldry.

this thread
>90% trannies are degeneretes or not
>9% botnet
>1% blogbosting

>Also have fun contributing to FOSS that's like the whole point of gentoo and shit

Is this what pajeets actually believe?

Is this a personal experience of yours?

> package manager where everything is stored in its source code

Arch never broke on me

Learn Haskell

Put
>ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64"
in your make.conf

Install virtualbox
then install gentoo again

>FOSS that's like the whole point of gentoo and shit
Shut the fuck up, the point of gentoo is CFLAGS. It's not even approved by FSF as free.
I hate you.

Don't do this. Only do this for specific packages.

>FSF
bunch of autists who cant install gentoo

install z shell

>the point of gentoo is CFLAGS
yep im sure someone said, lets make an os so we can turn on some cflags

Should I just give up on installing gentoo with a BIOS/GPT scheme? I seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding as to which partitions are needed and how bootloaders read each partition.

Just finished installing Gentoo for the first time. Made it harder for myself by doing luks and lvm but I'm now in and getting things set up. Pretty comfy lads.

Only problem is that I can't boot from the hard drive. I have to use the SystemRescueCd and tell it to boot from the hard drive, then it finally boots. A bit annoying.

Install Gentoo in VM

>I can't boot from the hard drive. I have to use the SystemRescueCd
Look at boot order.
In Bios, the hardrive in first position
Or maybe your grub is broken? Do you have the grub?

realize you wasted 10 hours of your life and that they aren't coming back

put on an anime wallpaper and post in screenfetch thread

Post kernel cmd line

this

I did grub-install /dev/sda and I have my boot priority set up correctly in the bios settings. I think my thinkpad t420 maybe doesn't work with bios/gpt or something. Or maybe I fucked up grub but it's strange that the using the cd to boot from hard disk works. Anyway, I'm logged in and able to get to work.

You realize CFLAGS doesn't exist in any other distro, right? Even if you downloaded the source yourself you wouldn't have CFLAGS to compile it with, it's a feature unique to Gentoo

Yes Google does use Gentoo for ChromeOS, but Google also uses Ubuntu for their production/development machines.

You probably didn't get your initramfs setup properly.

You mean USE flags you flaming retard
EVERY distro has cflags

Derp, yeah, so USE.

Anyway, the point is Gentoo has nothing to do with contributing to upstream

Why do you feel every distro has to contribute to upstream?

I've never heard of them acknowledging anything beyond Mint.

just dont be a faggot op and post a new screenshot without --ascii_distro gentoo. lets see the truth

install exherbo

Install Funtoo